Go Goth in Death by Dinner (IC)

SMARTAgentKC

spacer.png 

Rachael Yunmo

Half Human/half Damphir, Archaeologist, Shadow Summoner Lvl: 3

AC: 13 (15/17) (Leather Armor. with Shield 15, With Shield of faith 17) | HP: 30/30 (3d8+(3)1) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Dark vision 60 Ft. passive Perception 18, Insight 13, Investigation 19

STR:-1 Saving Throw

-1 Athletics
9 (-1) | DEX:+2 Saving Throw

+2 Acrobatics
+2 Sleight of Hand
+4 Stealth
14 (+2) | CON:+1 Saving Throw 12 (+1) | INT:+6 Saving Throw

+4 Arcana
+6 History
+4 Investigation
+4 Nature
+4 Religion
18 (+4) | WIS:+1 Saving Throw

+1 Animal Handling
+1 Insight
+1 Medicine
+3 Perception
+3 Survival
12 (+1) | CHA:+3 Saving Throw

+2 Deception
+0 Intimidation
+0 Performance
+0 Persuasion
(0)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Celestial, and Elven
Class Test:
Shadow Summoner (Warrior Style) Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2846802

“My words,” Rachael says. | My thoughts,’ Rachael thinks. | My actions . . .

Rachael gives a smile as she see's the fire in the eyes of her new found companion on the road to destroy evil. "Let me get this straight" She giggles with a playful smirk afterwords on a play with the rapier she holds by the hilt. "You prefer to hack off heads instead of giving em the thrusting of a weapon that is meant purely for penetration? Sounds like a Thursday night at the kink bar down Far-stone street and Ale street back in the city I got my education" Rachael giggles again as she opens the door having Molly take the lead

OOC

Movement: —

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Baron Ravenwood hummed as he allowed Rachael to take the letter "go ahead,"

"to answer your question about Atticus Thorn Miss Molly, when I first encountered him, he was a long faced man with a large nose and high cheekbones, although he had no tattoos, he did wear well-tailored robes and had large red ruby like gems on his chest, forehead and hands, I'm not fully sure what they were used for but for some reason it seemed to allow him to use magic even if he was bound or silenced. I think his followers also used gems to be able to use their magic their dominate hand often having such a gem on it."

Theodore hummed "a focus I would imagine, all spellcasters need them to use their magic but to use magic without words or gestures that takes talent,"

Baron Ravenwood exhaled "he was strong in his magic several of my allies fell before we even knew what had hit them."

"if his magic is that strong, no wonder his spirit haunts you from his grave." Theodore stated "such power does not go down quietly nor does it stay quiet."

Baron Ravenwood exhaled "do whatever you all need to do but please just make sure my daughter remains safe and out of their hands even if it means I must pay the price they say."

Theodore hummed "we will do everything we can Baron Ravenwood."

All I have to do is make a posting format. I'm finished unless there is something else that needs to be done.

Molly Gan-Ceann (Dullahan 3) Sheet | Uncanny SteedThis contains an image of:

AC:16 | HP: 28 /28 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 13 | Features

Molly looks over at Rachael and shrugs her shoulders.

"Red stones. It's not much to go on, and I'm sure there are going to a lot of people wearing them, but I guess it's better than nothing."

She shrugs her shoulders once again as she continues to look at Rachael.

"I don't have any more questions, at least none right now. As soon as you are done, I can't wait to meet Lady Melanie Ravenwood, the person we are to protect."

An eyebrow slowly goes. up.

Both women know nothing about each other or what kind of skills they can bring to the table. Molly hopes that they get the chance to get to know eachother better. Lady Melanie Ravenwood's fate might depend on what they can do... or can't do. 

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by voodoozombie (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png 

Rachael Yunmo

AC: 13 (15/17) (Leather Armor. with Shield 15, With Shield of faith 17) | HP: 30/30 (3d8+(3)1) | Speed: 30 ft.

-1 Athletics

+2 Acrobatics
+2 Sleight of Hand
+4 Stealth

+4 Arcana
+6 History
+4 Investigation
+4 Nature
+4 Religion

+1 Animal Handling
+1 Insight
+1 Medicine
+3 Perception
+3 Survival

+2 Deception
+0 Intimidation
+0 Performance
+0 Persuasion
(0)

Class Test:
Shadow Summoner (Warrior Style) Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2846802

Rachael gives a nod to Lord Ravenwood agreeing to the task at hand as she double checks to ensure that the task would be carried out, although this will be no easy task as she has to work with a partner she has never worked with until this very evening. Obviously Molly's expression on her face gives the detail of the same thing. On the way to deal with the guests at hand Rachael breaks the ice in a more questioning tune.

"So Molly what do you think of all of this, generally speaking?" She asked Molly

OOC

All I have to do is make a posting format. I'm finished unless there is something else that needs to be done.

Molly looks over at Rachael while a combination of a puzzled look mixed with thoughtfullness.

"I'm not sure. Something seems....off."

She hesitates for a second.

"Why is Lady Melanie still here?   I would have thought if his daughter was in danger, he would have sent her away some were safe.  I also don't understand why he's leaving all the security checks with Theodore. If that was my daughter, I would be following up behind Theodore myself, just to be sure everything was secure. I don't trust that Theodore. I don't know why, but it's a feeling I got. Like I said, something doesn't seem right about this whole thing. "

Molly hesitates again.

"What's your thoughts on this?"

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

spacer.png 

Rachael Yunmo

-1 Athletics

+2 Acrobatics
+2 Sleight of Hand
+4 Stealth

+4 Arcana
+6 History
+4 Investigation
+4 Nature
+4 Religion

+1 Animal Handling
+1 Insight
+1 Medicine
+3 Perception
+3 Survival

+2 Deception
+0 Intimidation
+0 Performance
+0 Persuasion
(0)

Class Test:

Rachael thinks about it for a second. The fact that Molly does bring up a good point about Lady Melanie here at the ball dose also raise an alarm in her head witch is the piece of the puzzle she has not found where its placed on. Then after a bit of thought she replied to Molly.

"The fact that Lady Melanie is present in the ball tonight is worry some. The Baron should have sent her somewhere else, that we can agree on and should be the first instinct of a parent. Theodore is a mystery in itself. You would think to hire a Paladin for security" Rachael replied. Then taking in what information they do have and comes up with the hypothesis of her own regarding it as a whole.

"Hmm whomever these Cultists really are we know they have been beaten out of their once domain by the Baron in his youth. I think they want to reclaim their domain and to add fear and control, if they demoralize the person whom beat them before to prevent others to rise against them in their future activity's they want to do it old school of dazzling display and in front of all who witness it. Plus with all the folk who run the land in their own seeing this display would submit to protect their family and keep em in line. I think Lady Melanie is kept to legally rule the land as if nothing bad is happening while the people here could do the labor for survival. But this is just an educated guess.... However there are still so few answers and too many questions still need to ask before it comes together. Like a painter deciding what his portrait will take shape after you get the setting and mood done. Still has not come together" Rachael added as she is still a bit puzzled.

OOC

Molly starts nodding her head, but the combination of a puzzled look mixed with thoughtfulness still remains on her face.

"You could be right about putting on some kind of display of everyone while at the same time keeping the commoners in their place out of fear. I come from one such village where the Lord of Land kept everyone in line through fear......"

Molly's voice trails off as a sad look, followed by a flash of anger in her eyes shows for just a brief moment. Then the puzzled and thoughtfulness look returns. 

"Too many unknowns here. But I believe like you do. There isn't going to be anything subtle about this. When you have a power struggle like this, how else are you going to show that you reclaimed your lands if no one knows about it? A show of power is needed."

Molly starts scratching her head.

"Then again....maybe it could be the subtle type take over. Kill the Barron, marry the daughter and claim the lands as his own......"

Molly's lets out a loud growl of frustration as her hair is starting to become a flame red mess.

"I hate this political stuff. It's giving me a headache. I'm over thinking this. I'm sticking with the display of power and fear. Which brings me to another issue at hand."

Molly looks Rachael straight in the eyes.

"I wonder how much of this Lady Melanie knows about? We need to fill her in with everything, assuming her father has been keeping her in the dark about it. That way we can better protect her, and she also protect herself if she knows what's going on around her."

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

While Molly and Rachael discussed the details of the job. It became clear that they wanted to meet with Lady Melanie so they decided to join the rest of the partygoers in the main ballroom

The party is a lightly festive but overall positive atmosphere. Melanie is sitting at a table across the way talking with a few slightly older ladies but her talking seems to be nothing more than just listening, nodding her head and smiling every so often but when that smile is dropped a look of worry crosses her face.

Many other people are around in various groups discussing current village things including how harvests went, how certain family members are doing, however one group of young men in tailored clothes conversation catches your ears.

"hey you hear Jake Evans approached Lady Melanie and confessed his love to her."

"Jake Evans approached Melanie Ravenwood? When did this occur?"

"about a week ago, according to witnesses when Melanie went to go see her friend in the village, that friend stated that she would run into someone that held her dear in his heart and a few moments later Jake and Melanie almost collided while walking in the street. Jake was a complete gentleman however and the two despite knowing each other names seemed to get along. I guess their fathers being rivals has no say on how their relationship is.

"odd, and I thought Melenie love interest was that blind kid in the village who somehow despite being blind has some sort of sense that can help him see?"

"yeah he's a weird one for sure, I even heard he's been invited to the Mansion for tonight's party but I haven't seen him."

"he's quiet, very quiet and sneaky, I think he has some sort of power that allows him to hide himself in the shadows."

"in the shadows, like the old cultists did? The ones that Lord Ravenwood ousted."

"yeah but I don't think the kid is bad persay but his whole thing about him screams that he's part of that group and maybe that's why Melanie was being real quiet about visiting him. Heck I even think Jake visits him periodically."

"Where is Jake by the way? thought he would be here by now."

"yeah so did I guess he's waiting to make an entrance or something."

"damn show off... doesn't he know that the Ravenwoods don't like surprises."

"hey at least it will be entertaining if he gets thrown out for his antics."

This caused a light laughter to be had.

• 4 weeks later...

spacer.png 

Rachael Yunmo

STR: 9 (-1) | DEX: 14 (+2) | CON: 12 (+1) | INT: 18 (+4) | WIS: 12 (+1) | CHA: 10 (0)
Class Test:

Rachael continued her discussion with Molly and thought about everything together. True Theodore is a mystery and a odd piece to this puzzle and makes sense for the distrust. "Politics is not my greatest suit but knowing how to dance with politicians are a necessity." Though Once down stairs and hearing all the information the first thing Rachael dose is look around to find Lady Melanie and will point her out to Molly if she finds her otherwise she would look for anyone that stands out or gives signs of being part of the conspiracy

OOC

Name
Perception check
1d20+3 1

Molly nods her head in agreement.

"Politics isn't for me either. But I do know how to be polite."

As she listens to the gossip of the well-dressed men while moving through the partygoers, Molly looks in the direction that Rachael is pointing towards. The woman seemed distracted and worried about something. 

Molly whispers to Rachael.

"Are you ready to meet Lady Melanie? She doesn't look so happy. I have a feeling that the gossip we're hearing has something to do with it."

Molly lets out a sigh. After what happened to her in the past, she's starting to feel unconfutable being around royalty.

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

Despite the crowd of guests, you manage to find Lady Melanie to get over to her table. Lady Melanie looks at you two with a curious look "are you friends of my father?" She asked.

spacer.png 

Rachael Yunmo

STR: 9 (-1) | DEX: 14 (+2) | CON: 12 (+1) | INT: 18 (+4) | WIS: 12 (+1) | CHA: 10 (0)
Class Test:

Upon reaching Lady Melanie's table and being looked up and down by her she could almost get the sense she is being Judged. Though she takes a quick breath and replied. "Recent Acquaintance" Rachael replied as it was more a half truth in general. "May we join you here at your table?" Rachael added through her diplomatic tone. She gives a bit of a smile and nods to Molly and gives her a nod. Looking around the room to whom else is around at this point as the ball would begin soon.

OOC

Molly looked at Lady Melanie and simply nodded her head in her direction and smiled at her. So, from her reaction, it seemed that her father didn't inform her about herself and Rachael or at least let her know that some help was on the way. Molly could be wrong, but she would bet all the coin she had that Lady Melanie didn't know what was going on. 

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

Melanie hummed as she nodded "yes you can join me, but may I ask your names, I do not know many of my father's friends or recent acquaintances except those who live in the local town but I am glad you are here to enjoy the harvest ball with my family. It should be a great celebration."

Her tone of voice sounds pleasant, and she seems to be telling the truth.

spacer.png 

Rachael Yunmo

Class Test:

Rachael smiles gently and gives a small bow and nod as the lady requests of names. "I am Rachael. Your Father met me from my work helping him see if some items. Jewels, some pottery and art to see if they match the time in history when he was considering buying them" Rachael said as she was not proud of a half truth where yes they met at work related but didn't want to completely alarm her or give her signs. Especially when Rachael shows her certificate to prove her occupation.

OOC

Action: — @SMARTAgentKCDepending if need be I will roll deception and I would wonder if it would be considered advantage to prove her occupation?