Kamishiro_Rin

Date

On This Misham, the 25rd Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Thursday, March 25, 351 AC)

The 5th Day of the Campaign - About 2:00ish★

Within Castle Kalaman

(Everyone)

The hall erupts once more in frantic discussion which only bursts into more curiousness as Coltan proclaims himself an Apprentice of Reorx.

Vendri quiets the room down and thanks you all for your input. She’s about to dismiss you whilst they come to a final decision, but the head of the bard college stands up and says, “Point of Order.”

“The head of the Bard College is recognized,” the Marquess says.

“Yes, thank you, Your Highness,” he says before addressing the room. “It has been reported to me that some of my colleagues have been paid to spread a certain narrative. I was most displeased to discover this. I have dispatched some of my trusted men and women to interview the refugee Voglerites and we have put together a piece we’ll be distributing amongst the more honest of our bards and buskers.”

With that he clears his throat as a woman to his right stands and plays a lute. He begins to sing:

♪♫♫♪

In times of darkness, heroes rise to light,
Their valor shining through the darkest night.
Sir Artanis, Greenshield strong and true,
With Coltan, Apprentice of Reorx, in view.
Mery the Bard, her melodies so sweet,
Merituuli, Sea Elf, swift on his fleet.
Deciums, Wizard, magic in his hand,
Modri, Barbarian with heart so grand.
And Hunni, Gully Dwarf, small but so bold,
Together they would face a tale untold.

♫♪♪♫

In Vogler, a treacherous plot was brewed,
A band of mercenaries, evil pursued.
But heroes stepped forth, ready to defend,
And the town’s fate, they vowed to transcend.
As Red Dragon Army set it all ablaze,
They fought, their courage never ceased to amaze.
With every step, they saved countless lives,
Through flames and chaos, their spirit thrives.

♪♫♫♪

Yet amidst the chaos, a noble stood,
Unworthy of his rank, his heart not good.
First to his boat, he sought to escape,
His gold he flaunted, seeking to reshape
The story, maligning the heroes’ name,
To steal the credit, seeking fortune and fame.
But heroes, undeterred, remained steadfast,
Their noble hearts prevailing till the last.

♫♪♪♫

For true heroism needs no gold or fame,
It lies in actions, not in empty claim.
Though Vogler was burned down, a tragic sight,
The heroes’ deeds would forever shine bright.
Their selflessness, a testament so grand,
A legacy of courage, hand in hand.
In times of darkness, they brought forth the light,
And saved the town, their valor taking flight.

♪♫♫♪

So let us honor these heroes so true,
Sir Artanis, Coltan, Mery, and crew.
Merituuli, Deciums, Modri, and Hunni,
Their bravery unmatched, their hearts still sunny.
For in their actions, we find hope and grace,
A reminder that heroes have their own place.
In the face of danger, they stand tall,
Their valor echoes through eternity’s hall.

♫♪♪♫

Whilst he sings, you can see Bakaris nearly popping a vein in his forehead, grinding his teeth. Though he knows he can say nothing here. A few of his friends in the hall are equally put out, but none to the extent that the noble in question.

“We do hope that this gift from the Bard College to the Heroes of Vogler will begin to repair some of the damage a certain person here’s ill-intentioned bribes hath wrought.”

More murmuring and discussion which Vendri quiets down.

The Marquess stands and says, “It is time we had final discussions and votes. Would the Heroes of Vogler please step outside?”

You’re directed to wait outside the chamber—only those voting may remain. Sadly, that includes Bakaris.

When you get back into the hall, outside the chamber, a neatly armored Knight of Solamnia greets you. “Ser Artanis! Mery! Modri! Hunni! Decimus! Merituuli! Coltan!” he says excitedly. It takes you a moment to realize that the well-quaffed knight is in fact the newly christened Ser Derrett!

“I’ve been assigned a unit!” he explains. “After some orientation and training with them, we’ll be going on our first mission, soon!”

You have some pleasant discussion with him, but eventually the doors open and you’re invited back in.

The Marquess welcomes you back in and begins to speak. Ser Derrett joins you at your table.

“The guild leaders of Kalaman have agreed to send a veritable army of craftsmen and materials over to the Folketh Barony to help build a “New Vogler” for the refugees. In exchange for a donation of all the workers’ time, and the cost of materials, we will require at least one able-bodied man—though we’ll accept any women that wish to join—from each household join the Kalaman Military . . . and we ask that you join as well. In your case, we will not require it—you’ve certainly done enough as it is, but we strongly desire you to join and allow us to form you into a special, secret unit—you’d be answering directly to Marshal Vendri and myself. There are things that only a crack team of proven veterans like yourself can do that we can’t just throw a platoon at.”

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

Within Castle Kalaman

(Everyone)

The hall erupts once more in frantic discussion which only bursts into more curiousness as Coltan proclaims himself an Apprentice of Reorx.

Vendri quiets the room down and thanks you all for your input. She’s about to dismiss you whilst they come to a final decision, but the head of the bard college stands up and says, “Point of Order.”

“Yes, thank you, Your Highness,” he says before addressing the room. “It has been reported to me that some of my colleagues have been paid to spread a certain narrative. I was most displeased to discover this. I have dispatched some of my trusted men and women to interview the refugee Voglerites and we have put together a piece we’ll be distributing amongst the more honest of our bards and buskers.”

With that he clears his throat as a woman to his right stands and plays a lute. He begins to sing:

♪♫♫♪

Merituuli, Sea Elf, swift on his fleet.

♫♪♪♫

♪♫♫♪

♫♪♪♫

♪♫♫♪

♫♪♪♫

Whilst he sings, you can see Bakaris nearly popping a vein in his forehead, grinding his teeth. Though he knows he can say nothing here. A few of his friends in the hall are equally put out, but none to the extent that the noble in question.

“We do hope that this gift from the Bard College to the Heroes of Vogler will begin to repair some of the damage a certain person here’s ill-intentioned bribes hath wrought.”

The Marquess stands and says, “It is time we had final discussions and votes. Would the Heroes of Vogler please step outside?”

You’re directed to wait outside the chamber—only those voting may remain. Sadly, that includes Bakaris.

When you get back into the hall, outside the chamber, a neatly armored Knight of Solamnia greets you. “Ser Artanis! Mery! Modri! Hunni! Decimus! Merituuli! Coltan!” he says excitedly. It takes you a moment to realize that the well-quaffed knight is in fact the newly christened Ser Derrett!

“I’ve been assigned a unit!” he explains. “After some orientation and training with them, we’ll be going on our first mission, soon!”

You have some pleasant discussion with him, but eventually the doors open and you’re invited back in.

The Marquess welcomes you back in and begins to speak. Ser Derrett joins you at your table.

“The guild leaders of Kalaman have agreed to send a veritable army of craftsmen and materials over to the Folketh Barony to help build a “New Vogler” for the refugees. In exchange for a donation of all the workers’ time, and the cost of materials, we will require at least one able-bodied man—though we’ll accept any women that wish to join—from each household join the Kalaman Military . . . and we ask that you join as well. In your case, we will not require it—you’ve certainly done enough as it is, but we strongly desire you to join and allow us to form you into a special, secret unit—you’d be answering directly to Marshal Vendri and myself. There are things that only a crack team of proven veterans like yourself can do that we can’t just throw a platoon at.”

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

Within Castle Kalaman

(Everyone)

♪♫♫♪

Merituuli, Sea Elf, swift on her fleet.

♫♪♪♫

♪♫♫♪

♫♪♪♫

♪♫♫♪

♫♪♪♫

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

Within Castle Kalaman

(Everyone)

♪♫♫♪

With Cotan, Apprentice of Reorx, in view.

♫♪♪♫

♪♫♫♪

♫♪♪♫

♪♫♫♪

Sir Artanis, Cotan, Mery, and crew.

♫♪♪♫

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

The 5th Day of the Campaign - Noon

Within Castle Kalaman

(Everyone)

♪♫♫♪

With Cotan, Apprentice of Reorx, in view.

♫♪♪♫

♪♫♫♪

♫♪♪♫

♪♫♫♪

Sir Artanis, Cotan, Mery, and crew.

♫♪♪♫