Edit History

Maester1216

Maester1216

spacer.png

"Stars, not even Grazer's geography was this hardy. Gotta wonder what tectonic shenanigans created a landscape like this. Ah well, just makes for a more interesting hike." Concerned as he might be for the science team, Hesk refused to let such thoughts dour his mood. 'Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart' was an aphorism his first cousin once removed had always stuck by when the Upsol back home hit a rough patch, and now more than ever did Vaaro-Hesk hope to live those words.

Coming up on the forested valley in the mountains foothills Hesk's eyes widen, taking in as much of the alien beauty of Xerxes IV's flora as he can. He doesn't allow himself the pleasure of such beauty for long however, as he spies the outpost the the away team was looking for. More pointedly, that the science station was in more or less straight ahead of them, albeit through unknown and potentially dangerous alien fauna. "We won't reach the station before nightfall if we take a longer route. Way I see the forest's our best bet... provided nothing here tries and eat us."

Taking out his Tricorder Hesk begins scanning nearby flowering plants, as well as trees and what he likened to grass. In between scans he cross-references the plants ontogeny amongst other details against a handful of botanical samples from other Federation worlds to more accurately build a profile of Xerxes IV's flora. "Shouldn't be long here folks, just need to narrow down the details on these jugary glands and we'll be through in no time." At the back of his mind however, Hesk wondered at what the worst case options would be for the team. He could always try talking the others through how to best mitigate negative dose responses from poison or venom, but a controlled burn of the forest should only be their last resort...

OOC/Mechanics

Hesk'll take charge on this Extended Task. Going for the Reason + Science option, with Comparative Exobiology as an applicable Focus. I'm gonna go all in from the start and spend our pool of Momentum on three extra dice (-6 Momentum).

Wow, so that roll made back the initial investment of Momentum(+6 Momentum). I'm gonna spend all of the Momentum (-6 Momentum) gained there on the Additional Work Momentum Spend(P.91). This increases the Work done by +1 for this Task per Momentum spent, before reductions for Resistance(which in this case is 0).

The Work Roll's a base of 2D6 plus Hesk's Science of 4 for 6D6. The total value of the roll here is 5 and a Effect(no real special effects, so the 5 is just a 1), and the 6 from Additional Work brings the total to 11 which... I believe completes the Task in one go (unless I did something wrong).

Untapped Potential's roll adds 1 Momentum to the Pool.

Current Momentum Pool: 1

Maester1216

Maester1216

spacer.png

"Stars, not even Grazer's geography was this hardy. Gotta wonder what tectonic shenanigans created a landscape like this. Ah well, just makes for a more interesting hike." Concerned as he might be for the science team, Hesk refused to let such thoughts dour his mood. 'Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart' was an aphorism his first cousin once removed had always stuck by when the Upsol back home hit a rough patch, and now more than ever did Vaaro-Hesk hope to live those words.

Coming up on the forested valley in the mountains foothills Hesk's eyes widen, taking in as much of the alien beauty of Xerxes IV's flora as he can. He doesn't allow himself the pleasure of such beauty for long however, as he spies the outpost the the away team was looking for. More pointedly, that the science station was in more or less straight ahead of them, albeit through unknown and potentially dangerous alien fauna. "We won't reach the station before nightfall if we take a longer route. Way I see the forest's our best bet... provided nothing here tries and eat us."

Taking out his Tricorder Hesk begins scanning nearby flowering plants, as well as trees and what he likened to grass. In between scans he cross-references the plants ontogeny amongst other details against a handful of botanical samples from other Federation worlds to more accurately build a profile of Xerxes IV's fauna. "Shouldn't be long here folks, just need to narrow down the details on these jugary glands and we'll be through in no time." At the back of his mind however, Hesk wondered at what the worst case options would be for the team. He could always try talking the others through how to best mitigate negative dose responses from poison or venom, but a controlled burn of the forest should only be their last resort...

OOC/Mechanics

Hesk'll take charge on this Extended Task. Going for the Reason + Science option, with Comparative Exobiology as an applicable Focus. I'm gonna go all in from the start and spend our pool of Momentum on three extra dice (-6 Momentum).

Wow, so that roll made back the initial investment of Momentum(+6 Momentum). I'm gonna spend all of the Momentum (-6 Momentum) gained there on the Additional Work Momentum Spend(P.91). This increases the Work done by +1 for this Task per Momentum spent, before reductions for Resistance(which in this case is 0).

The Work Roll's a base of 2D6 plus Hesk's Science of 4 for 6D6. The total value of the roll here is 5 and a Effect(no real special effects, so the 5 is just a 1), and the 6 from Additional Work brings the total to 11 which... I believe completes the Task in one go (unless I did something wrong).

Untapped Potential's roll adds 1 Momentum to the Pool.

Maester1216

Maester1216

spacer.png

Taking out his Tricorder Hesk begins scanning nearby flowering plants, as well as trees and what he likened to grass. In between scans he cross-references the plants ontogeny amongst other details against a handful of botanical samples from other Federation worlds to more accurately build a profile of Xerxes IV's fauna. "Shouldn't be long here folks, just need to narrow down the details on these jugary glands and we'll be through in no time." At the back of his mind however, Hesk wondered at what the worst case options would be for the team. He could always try talking the others through how to best mitigate negative dose responses from poison or venom, but a controlled burn of the forest should only be their last resort...

OOC/Mechanics

Hesk'll take charge on this Extended Task. Going for the Reason + Science option, with Comparative Exobiology as an applicable Focus. I'm gonna go all in from the start and spend our pool of Momentum on three extra dice.

Wow, so that roll made back the initial investment of Momentum. I'm gonna spend all of the Momentum gained there on the Additional Work Momentum Spend(P.91). This increases the Work done by +1 for this Task, before reductions for Resistance(which in this case is 0).

Untapped Potential's roll adds 1 Momentum to the Pool

Maester1216

Maester1216

spacer.png

OOC/Mechanics

Hesk'll take charge on this Extended Task. Going for the Reason + Science option, with Comparative Exobiology as an applicable Focus. I'm gonna go all in from the start and spend our pool of Momentum on three extra dice.

Wow, so that roll made back the initial investment of Momentum. I'm gonna spend all of the Momentum gained there on the Additional Work Momentum Spend(P.91). This increases the Work done by +1 for this Task, before reductions for Resistance(which in this case is 0).

Current Momentum Pool:

Maester1216

Maester1216

spacer.png

OOC/Mechanics

The Work Roll's a base of 2D6 plus Hesk's Science of 4 for 6D6.

Maester1216

Maester1216

spacer.png

OOC/Mechanics

Maester1216

Maester1216

spacer.png

OOC/Mechanics