Start of Year 2022

Anthr4xus

So it is indeed Benenfort's handiwork - this should be interesting especially with those additional stories and the allure of loot as always. And the steady drumbeat of danger thumps as always there and everywhere.

Ingwe muses.

Something is certainly up, though. Looks like Pontifex and Shelton went and got their hair mussed. If something can rough up those two, we ought to worry somewhat. Perhaps I can run down some leads, maybe ol' Cornelion the potions master is willing to spill the beans on this in a few days once the rumors get good and spread. The weather could be mundane problems, I could post a letter to town asking for the latest National Weather Service report to see how the conventional climate is acting.

Artie shrugged at the news.  "Eh, no, 'The third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death' type warnings this year, everything should be fine."  He took a sip at his drink.

"I don't need the money, of course, but it would be nice to get to the treasure first, if just for bragging rights.  I can bind and ask some of the school spirits and see what they can tell me.  There's probably already a limit on what they can say, but its worth a try."

The idea of just, well, not cheating, doesn't seem to have occurred to him.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Dean Void rattled off a few other details specific to certain classes and ended her address with a wish for everyone here at Gwimmermort to have a busy, happy and exciting trimester.  As soon as she finished speaking, she grabbed a sandwich from a plate on the teacher's table, whispered something to Professor Khan and the two of them left the room via a side door.  As soon as she was out of the room, students and some of the other professors also began to make their exit.  Professors Pontifex and Shelton remained seated at the teacher's table, hungrily working through a variety of foods.