Character Creation Rules

PhoenixSlayer

Character Sheet:

Please create a MythWeavers character sheet and link it in your application!

Stats:

Use either Standard Array of 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 OR use 27 Point Buy.

Races:

Zendikar is a world very different from the standard D&D worlds, and even familiar races are changed from their more standard counterparts.  The allowed races are as follows:

Common: Variant Human, Kor, Merfolk, Vampire, Goblin (Zendikari), & Elf (Zendikari).  The rules for Kor, Merfolk, Vampires, Zendikari Goblins, and Zendikari Elves will be included in another pinned topic.

Uncommon: Surrakar (Lizardfolk) & Minotaur.  Use the rules as presented in Monsters of the Multiverse.  I'd allow ONE OF EACH in the party!

Rare: Angel-Blessed (Aasimar), Roil-Touched (Genasi), & Demon-Cursed (Tiefling).  Use the rules as presented in Monsters of the Multiverse for Aasimar and Genasi.  Tieflings use the Flexible Ability Scores from Tasha's.  As especially unique individuals, I will only be allowing ONE character in the party using ANY of these races.

Classes:

All classes and subclasses from Wizards-published D&D books are allowed.  However, there are particular notes I'd like to add that may color your choices:

Fey-Themed:  There are no Fey on Zendikar, and the Fey Realms have no influence on the world.  However, Zendikar has its own peculiar source of chaotic energy known as The Roil, which causes unpredictable ripples of change across the world that can cause sudden changes in weather, raise and lower the landscape, and even summon elementals.  As such, any fey-themed subclass should be reflavored to draw power from The Roil or from nature.  Please feel free to speak with me if you have questions!

Dragon-Themed: The most common dragons on Zendikar are the fire-breathing type, and they are much more animalistic than the dragons of other D&D planes.  However, that isn't to say that other dragons don't exist, or didn't exist in the far past.  You may even be an adherent of Ugin, the ancient Spirit Dragon, and draw on the very primal essence of dragonkind.

Backgrounds:

All backgrounds presented in the Player's Handbook are fair game.  Other backgrounds outside of the Player's Handbook can be chosen as long as they are NOT setting-specific.  In particular, the backgrounds in Ravnica and Strixhaven are distinctly more powerful, and are NOT available.

Backstory:

A few paragraphs are perfectly fine. Some questions to consider:

• Where was your character born? What was their early life like?
  • Why did they become an adventurer?
  • What are they seeking to gain by joining the Expeditionary Houses?

Other Rules:

In your application, please also include the following:

• What's your experience with D&D 5e?  Are you a new player?
  • How familiar are you with Zendikar?  Those with no knowledge of the world are more than welcome, and I'll include some world information soon!
  • What posting rate are you comfortable with?
  • Include some character art!  MtG has plenty of card art to look at and use!
  • OPTIONAL: If you're familiar with Magic: the Gathering, you'll know that different colors of mana are used to summon creatures and cast spells.  What color or colors of mana are tied to your character?
Edited by PhoenixSlayer
Updates and more info (see edit history)