Domo Yankor 

"We were not meant to put down roots. The heart is a moving organ"

Lawful Neutral Kor Fighter 1

Battle Master

Aspiring Aeronaught

Creature of Green and Red Mana

Age 23, Height 5'8", Weight 140 lbs

Personality

I have a daily exercise routine that I refuse to break.

When I see others struggling, I offer to help.    

Ideals
Tradition. Every game has rules, and the playing field must be level. (Lawful)

Bonds
I will be the best for the honor and glory of my home.

Flaws

I’ll do absolutely anything to win.

spacer.png

Abilities and Skills

Score

Mod

Save Skills
Strength 12 +1 +3 Athletics +3
Dexterity 16 +3 +3 Acrobatics +5, Stealth +5, Sleight of Hand +3
Constitution 16 +3 +5  
Intelligence 10 0 0 Arcana +0, History +0, Investigation +0, Nature +0, Religion +0
Wisdom 13 +1 +1 Animal Handling +1, Insight +3, Medicine +1, Perception +3, Survival +3
Charisma 8 -1 -1 Deception -1, Intimidation -1, Performance -1, Persuasion -1

Derived Stats
Max Hit Points: 13 Armor Class: 14 Speed: 30 feet Climb: 30 feet
Hit Dice: 1d10 Proficiency Bonus: +2 Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 13 Passive Investigation: 10 Passive Insight: 13

Attacks

Item (use) Bonus Damage Properties
Scimitar +5 1d6+3 Slashing  Finesse, Light
Scimitar (Off-Hand) +5 1d6+3 Slashing  Finesse, Light
Whip +5 1d4+3 Slashing  Finesse, Reach

Proficiencies & Features
Weapon & Armor Proficiencies:  Simple weapons, Martial Weapons, Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, Shields
Other Proficiencies: Vehicles (Land)
Languages: Common, Silent Speech of the Kor, Elven
Race Kor Features: Kor ClimbingYou have proficiency in the Athletics and Acrobatics skills.LuckyWhen you roll a 1 on the d20 for an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.BraveYou have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
athlete Background Features: Echoes Of VictoryContent...You have attracted admiration among spectators, fellow athletes, and trainers in the region that hosted your past athletic victories. When visiting any settlement within 100 miles of where you grew up, there is a 50 percent chance you can find someone there who admires you and is willing to provide information or temporary shelter.

Between adventures, you might compete in athletic events sufficient enough to maintain a comfortable lifestyle, as per the “Practicing a Profession” downtime activity in chapter 8 of the Player’s Handbook.
Fighter Class Features: Fighting Style (Two-Weapon Fighting)You adopt a fighting style specialty.

Two-Weapon Fighting
When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.
Second WindOnce per short rest, you can use a bonus action to regain 1d10 + 1 HP.

Inventory

Item (Amount) Value (gp) Weight (lbs)
Arrows (20) 1 1
Clothes, Traveler's 2 4
Leather 10 10
Longbow 50 2
Scimitar (2) 50 6
Whip 2 3
Backpack 2 5
• Bedroll 1 7
• Mess Kit 0.2 1
• Rations (10) 5 20
• Rope, Hempen (50 feet) 1 10
• Tinderbox 0.5 1
• Torch 0.1 10
• Waterskin 0.2 5
Pouch 0.5 1
Total 125.5 86

Backstory

The Kor are a nomadic people, moving from place to place. Always looking towards the horizon. Domo had known nothing else. A typical Kor, he had lived a very typical life for his people. He revered the skies and longed to always feel the wind in his face. Becoming an accomplished athlete for his tribe was the easiest way to feel Kamsa's embrace. While reverent, Domo wouldn't call himself devout. He cared little for prayer and study, preferring to show his worship through action. Running, climbing, sky-sailing. These were the actions he used to show his devotion, to show his appreciation for this life and this world. This is how he showed his joy. Even among his people Domo had been known as a wanderer, always getting lost in the world around him. Some thought his head was permanently stuck in the clouds, while others thought him to be reckless, foolish even. Some saw the truth in him. Domo had an adventurous spirit and they knew it would not be contained. It was discussed, and with the blessing of his tribes elders, Domo was given permission to seek out the world on his own. Chart his own path among the skies and to see where he landed. 

Questionnaire
  • What's your experience with D&D 5e?  Are you a new player?
    • Been playing 5e since it was DnDNext and have been a DM for 7 years or so. 
  • How familiar are you with Zendikar?  Those with no knowledge of the world are more than welcome, and I'll include some world information soon!
    • Very little, although I am more than happy to get to know it. 
  • What posting rate are you comfortable with?
    • Prefer a more relaxed posting rate. Usually a couple of posts per week. 
  • Why is your character interested in joining the Expeditionary Houses?  Is it for treasure?  Fame?  New experiences?  Something else entirely?
    • Domo is interested in seeing the wider world, making a name for himself and bringing honor to his people. 
  • OPTIONAL: If you're familiar with Magic: the Gathering, you'll know that different colors of mana are used to summon creatures and cast spells.  What color or colors of mana are tied to your character?
    • Green/Red. There's an order to the world and it aims to destroy you. 
Concept

The general idea is to be a battle field controller, providing aid to his allies by exposing openings/weaknesses in the enemy ranks.

Edited by phiktional (see edit history)