Torgar "Beastborn" - Minotaur Circle of the Shepherd Druid

Prehysterical

WIP sheet for Torgar

Backstory: The minotaurs of Akoum are always quick to point out that while they are not always cruel, weakness cannot be tolerated in their harsh, volcanic homeland. Torgar was born as an "undercooked runt" and abandoned by his parents, who saw it as a sacrifice to placate the angry elemental forces of the volcanos. In the midst of tectonic upheaval, a Life Bloom spared the calf's life. A wandering pack of gnarlids, attracted by the surge of green mana, stumbled across Torgar. Perhaps seeing him as a distant cousin, the gnarlids adopted Torgar and accepted him as one of their own. Torgar's "mother" nursed him, feeding him with more than just life-giving milk. The gnarlid's absorption of green mana overflowed into the minotaur child, ensuring that Torgar more than made up for his poor start.

As with most everything on Zendikar, however, the good times could not last. The Life Bloom faded and the gnarlids were forced to move on. Fortunately, their instincts took them swiftly to the Impossible Garden: Ora Ondar. Seeing that Torgar was living as an animal and not as a trespasser, the elven nourishers decided to leave him be. Over time, Torgar managed to learn some of the elves' secrets as he was repeatedly exposed to their markings within the rocky tower. Torgar felt no need to join the elves in their community. He was always with his family, sharing and wrestling and sleeping together.

Torgar grew older and, though he was still short by minotaur standards, he filled out into a strong bull. Mother died, Green flowing again to Green, and Torgar found himself feeling restless within the pack. There was an itch at the base of his horns and he knew that the cure would not be found by staying at Ora Ondar. Torgar left behind the oasis and the igneous fields to seek out the wilder, livelier spaces of the world. It has proven to be exhilarating, as shown by the scythe tiger blades that are strapped to his already formidable horns.

Due to contact with a particular few individuals, Torgar slowly became socialized, but he still vastly prefers the company of Zendikar itself to any society or culture. Still, his dreams have been troubled of late. He is drawn to Sea Gate not by choice, but by necessity. The hungry noses of the "wall-shelled" might help point him in the direction that he needs to go... The minotaur's obvious feral mannerisms and preference for Zendikar's wilder inhabitants have earned him the moniker "Beastborn" among more civilized folk.

(I have an idea for a background NPC or two, but I will wait until final picks are made before suggesting anything. If a PC can fill certain roles instead of an NPC, all the better. Also, any chance that I can trade in the hunting trap for something else? It's 25 lbs. of dead weight in my inventory and the 5 gold could go toward something more important.)

What's your experience with 5e? Not brand new, but still a novice. Currently up to level 5 with a Storm cleric in a Curse of Strahd campaign with another guy. No experience whatsoever with mid- or late-game 5e.

How familiar are you with Zendikar? As stated in the Questions thread, the world of Zendikar is brand new to me and I am desperately reading whatever I can get my hands on.

What posting rate are you comfortable with? I would like to say that I could get a post up every other day, but it would be more realistic to say two or three times a week.

What colors of mana are tied to your character? Green is intimately tied with Torgar's character due to his upbringing. If he has to have a secondary color, I would say white due to his protective nature. Perhaps red as a tertiary due to his minotaur heritage.

Edited by Prehysterical (see edit history)

• 4 months later...