Edit History

Starhawk

Starhawk

1 hour ago, Eborne1 said:

@Starhawk Your err is accounted for. Thank you for clarifying. It's why I asked. It shouldn't be a stretch to recognize how your mistaken post would stir the confusion.

Please don't misquote me. I said they "are basically surrendering" and perhaps that's incorrect, but they HAVE surrendered the prisoner which happens to be our current mission, at present, and probably shouldn't be considered such a frivolous thing as your post seems to suggest.

And please stop being so contentious with every little thing. You've developed the reputation for it on MW and it gets annoying. I didn't care to see the passive aggressive posts about the last player you didn't like in this game and I don't like feeling like I can't try to clarify my confusion without being trashed every time for it because you feel your integrity is being threatened. I shouldn't have to feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time to enjoy a MW game.

Lighten up.

I don't feel I was being contentious in this instance. I asked the DM to clarify. I was, I admit, somewhat taken aback when a character I believed I'd amply represented as showing restraint, kindness and mercy, somehow did not come across that way. That seemed to come out of nowhere.

I can appreciate how others might see me as being contentious. I am fine, I believe, until I am presented with God Moding.. players dictating what will happen in regards my, and others, characters, since I feel that's just taking cheap shots. There are more than a few players who do that.

I am not a fan of players who attempt to put antipathy into narrative.. you know the kind of thing.. 'Character A ignores the 'wittering' of Character B'. PC's should not be allowed to defame other PC's so. This, to me, is an attempt to tie the hands of another player behind their back (since nothing was communicated outside of internal thoughts), slap them silly and then call it 'character expression'. There are more than a few players who do that.I just don't believe it's the players right to dictate the reality of 'this and that' where it relates to other characters. I believe that's the DM's job.

The only other thing that aggravates me is when every PC a player ever plays showing antipathy to every PC another player plays. That's bare hostility. For my part, when I encounter such, I choose to deliberately avoid these people on account of their ungentlemanly conduct, to the point of not putting myself forward for games they're in. I don't think it's too much to ask that people play fairly and I think you would agree that there are quite a few players that don't.

I've played in Rakle's games for years without contention, as far as I can recall. Indeed, I've played in the vast majority of games I've been in without being 'contentious', and am becoming even less contentious over time... going so far as to not engage with people coming after me in OOC.

For my part, I have zero problem with you in any way, shape or form. Indeed, I think your rp'ing of Madame Zelda is inspired, frankly so much so that I cannot help but note 'precedents' that appear to be of the day and night variety. I'm sorry, you've taken that as anything but a reflection of my enjoyment of Zelda. That was not my intention.

I hope that, in addition to my reputation for being prickly, people have noted that I don't ghost, or leave players waiting weeks for my post, or post without reference to what's come before in previous players' posts. I also don't god mode, write objectionable stuff in narrative and avoid situations where I have to rp with people who wind me up.

Starhawk

Starhawk

36 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

@Starhawk Your err is accounted for. Thank you for clarifying. It's why I asked. It shouldn't be a stretch to recognize how your mistaken post would stir the confusion.

Please don't misquote me. I said they "are basically surrendering" and perhaps that's incorrect, but they HAVE surrendered the prisoner which happens to be our current mission, at present, and probably shouldn't be considered such a frivolous thing as your post seems to suggest.

And please stop being so contentious with every little thing. You've developed the reputation for it on MW and it gets annoying. I didn't care to see the passive aggressive posts about the last player you didn't like in this game and I don't like feeling like I can't try to clarify my confusion without being trashed every time for it because you feel your integrity is being threatened. I shouldn't have to feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time to enjoy a MW game.

Lighten up.

I don't feel I was being contentious in this instance. I asked the DM to clarify. I was, I admit, somewhat taken aback when a character I believed I'd amply represented as showing restraint, kindness and mercy, somehow did not come across that way. That seemed to come out of nowhere.

I can appreciate how others might see me as being contentious. I am fine, I believe, until I am presented with God Moding.. players dictating what will happen in regards my, and others, characters, since I feel that's just taking cheap shots. There are more than a few players who do that.

I am not a fan of players who attempt to put antipathy into narrative.. you know the kind of thing.. 'Character A ignores the 'wittering' of Character B'. PC's should not be allowed to defame other PC's so. This, to me, is an attempt to tie the hands of another player behind their back (since nothing was communicated outside of internal thoughts), slap them silly and then call it 'character expression'. There are more than a few players who do that.I just don't believe it's the players right to dictate the reality of 'this and that' where it relates to other characters. I believe that's the DM's job.

The only other thing that aggravates me is when every PC a player ever plays showing antipathy to every PC another player plays. That's bare hostility. For my part, when I encounter such, I choose to deliberately avoid these people on account of their ungentlemanly conduct, to the point of not putting myself forward for games they're in. I don't think it's too much to ask that people play fairly and I think you would agree that there are quite a few players that don't.

I've played in Rakle's games for years without contention, as far as I can recall. Indeed, I've played in the vast majority of games I've been in without being 'contentious', and am becoming even less contentious over time... going so far as to not engage with people coming after me in OOC.

For my part, I have zero problem with you in any way, shape or form. Indeed, I think your rp'ing of Madame Zelda is inspired, frankly so much so that I cannot help but note 'precedents' that appear to be of the day and night variety. I'm sorry, you've taken that as anything but a reflection of my enjoyment of Zelda. That was not my intention.

I hope that, in addition to my reputation for being prickly, people have noted that I don't ghost, or leave players waiting weeks for my post, or post without reference to what's come before in previous players' posts.

Starhawk

Starhawk

9 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

Lighten up.

I don't feel I was being contentious in this instance. I asked the DM to clarify.

I can appreciate how others might see me as being contentious. I am fine, I believe, until I am presented with God Moding.. players dictating what will happen in regards my, and others, characters, since I feel that's just taking cheap shots. I am not a fan of players who attempt to put antipathy into narrative.. you know the kind of thing.. 'Character A ignores the 'wittering' of Character B'. PC's should not be allowed to defame other PC's so. This, to me, is an attempt to tie the hands of another player behind their back (since nothing was communicated outside of internal thoughts), slap them silly and then call it 'character expression'. I just don't believe it's the players right to dictate the reality of 'this and that' where it relates to other characters. I believe that's the DM's job. The only other thing that aggravates me is every PC a player ever plays showing antipathy to every PC another player plays. That's bare hostility. For my part, when I encounter such, I choose to deliberately avoid these people on account of their ungentlemanly conduct, to the point of not putting myself forward for games they're in. I don't think it's too much to ask that people play fairly and some players don't.

For my part, I have zero problem with you in any way, shape or form. Indeed, I think your rp'ing of Madame Zelda is inspired, frankly so much so that I cannot help but note 'precedents' that appear to be of the day and night variety.