Edit History

Starhawk

Starhawk

31 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

Your thoughtful and considerate response is highly appreciated.

I very much agree with you about the gaming plights you described, and agree that those are more severe than anything I have observed from you. It is only that, in my experience, some of your OOC responses come off as unnecessarily biting and that some few of your posts read as passive aggressive expressions of your feelings about a players choices. Several of the first posts I saw of yours in this game seemed to make such comments about the previous player.

I realize a lot can be misinterpreted in the translation to text and that perhaps that is not your intent. If I am mistaken, then I apologize. I, personally, try to completely disassociate myself from my characters to avoid this possibility. I also realize that that is not everyone's style, and some players prefer to embody their characters more than I.

Your timely participation in any game I've seen with you is very noteworthy and as I mentioned, your mature response above is appreciated.

Anhotep has very much seemed the patient pacifist thus far, hence my confusion at reading your (previously unknown to be) incomplete post. You had mentioned in OOC that Anhotep wanted to kill them, and so I figured you had decided to run with that. My clarifying question was not intended to be rudely suggestive or disrespectful.

I appreciate your compliments. I always try to add to the enjoyment of the narrative through my characters, whether it be descriptive, dramatic, or comedic writing. Your appreciation is flattering and I could easily say the same of most your own writing.

It is not my intent to create hostility and I thank you again for your clarifying reciprocation.

I am, I admit, sometimes unwantedly terse. Though I've never been medically tested, it's clear to me that I am borderline spectrum. While I believe wholeheartedly in gentlemanly conduct and sportsmanlike behavior I bounce over the line. As to the previous player, he decided to insult all the players from the get go. His PC then insulted every NPC she met. He also decided, unilaterally, that his character could jab another character in the chest.. ie. godmoding. He also went in for the antipathy narrative thing. Basically the unholy trinity. Then he topped it all with a cherry, by ghosting. This just wound me up and I let it get the better of me on this occasion. The game is a cooperative player undertaking and I take that very seriously, yeah too seriously.

Starhawk

Starhawk

7 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

Your thoughtful and considerate response is highly appreciated.

I very much agree with you about the gaming plights you described, and agree that those are more severe than anything I have observed from you. It is only that, in my experience, some of your OOC responses come off as unnecessarily biting and that some few of your posts read as passive aggressive expressions of your feelings about a players choices. Several of the first posts I saw of yours in this game seemed to make such comments about the previous player.

I realize a lot can be misinterpreted in the translation to text and that perhaps that is not your intent. If I am mistaken, then I apologize. I, personally, try to completely disassociate myself from my characters to avoid this possibility. I also realize that that is not everyone's style, and some players prefer to embody their characters more than I.

Your timely participation in any game I've seen with you is very noteworthy and as I mentioned, your mature response above is appreciated.

Anhotep has very much seemed the patient pacifist thus far, hence my confusion at reading your (previously unknown to be) incomplete post. You had mentioned in OOC that Anhotep wanted to kill them, and so I figured you had decided to run with that. My clarifying question was not intended to be rudely suggestive or disrespectful.

I appreciate your compliments. I always try to add to the enjoyment of the narrative through my characters, whether it be descriptive, dramatic, or comedic writing. Your appreciation is flattering and I could easily say the same of most your own writing.

It is not my intent to create hostility and I thank you again for your clarifying reciprocation.

I am, I admit, sometimes unwantedly terse. Though I've never been medically tested, it's clear to me that I am borderline spectrum. While I believe wholeheartedly in gentlemanly conduct and sportsmanlike behavior I bounce over the line. As to the previous player, he decided to insult all the players from the get go. His PC then insulted every NPC she met. He also decided, unilaterally, that his character could jab another character in the chest. He also went in for the antipathy narrative thing. Basically the unholy trinity. Then he topped it all with a cherry, by ghosting. This just wound me up and I let it get the better of me on this occasion. The game is a cooperative player undertaking and I take that very seriously, yeah to seriously.