The Headquarters

yxanthymir

I got it! By the by... is my slow-ass post rate holding people back? I love my character and like the game, but I'm also aware that I am NOT being good and regular as a member of the group.

Posted (edited)

You can share information OOC to speed things up as long as later you resume them IC. I also decided to make all acquired information available to everyone for the same reason. It would be really nice to have a conversation comparing notes, but not always you get what you want. 😭

Anyone has any doubt or question to make? Just ask.

I am trying to mimic a particular writing style of a famous police author, and the goal is to be as disorienting as possible at a first glance.

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Angelic Crux said:

I got it! By the by... is my slow-ass post rate holding people back? I love my character and like the game, but I'm also aware that I am NOT being good and regular as a member of the group.

I don't mind. Not every post needs to be a great one...

When to do stuff IC or OOC is always a little trickier in Play by post than at the table.

As I see where we're at, we don't have much in the way of solid lead to point us towards a particular location or person. We've got hints of what is going on, but we need to convert those into something solid. Given that we can't rely on witnesses for anything other than vague memories we probably need to find stuff out first hand

The only way I can think of doing this is to invest some time in staking out the neighborhood and hope to catch something when it's happening.

If anyone has thoughts on other courses of action I'm happy to go with them.

Just a few suggestions:

• You can use Space Continuum Sensitivity to try to locate the portals remains.
  • You can try to go to the school and inquire for the girl.
  • You can search the area where the car disappeared.
  • You can talk to one person that claims to have seen the ghost.
  • You can look for the weirdo that lives outside of town.
  • You can browse the occult store.

On 3/26/2024 at 8:05 PM, yxanthymir said:

I don't mind. Not every post needs to be a great one...

Oh, it's not even that. Like, work's getting CRAZY 'cause we're in the last month before APs.

I... might need to drop out. If you guys would let me have a one-month sabbatical, I'd love to BE back, but... uh... I don't want to be the one in scenes that's making it weird.

This probably is the right choice anyway, or we will have only two players.

So we will probably take a break during this month, unless we can recrute new players.

• 2 weeks later...