Nhoririn Darzuul the Vampire Hexblade

RedDingo

Nhoririn Darzuul

spacer.png
Race: Vampire
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Mana: B.png.e1e96a87c54a2dea9b2663ba58fbc6bb.pngBlack, U.png.cf74868c4e74ec8d5b3f350002eb1fd1.pngBlue, R.png.66b0fa65b548321610056fa18d5356d2.pngRed
Class: Warlock
Background: Mercenary Veteran

Passive Perception: 9
Passive Investigation: 11
Passive Insight: 9

Hit Points: 15
Hit Dice: 2d8
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet

"I don't play with my food, so your deaths will be swift!"

ABILITIES & SKILLS

Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

(+0)

(+2)

(+2)

(+1)

(-1)

(+3)

Save +0 Save +2 Save +2 Save +1 Save +1 Save +5
Athletics +2

Acrobatics +2

Stealth +2

Sleight +2

History +1

Arcane +3

Investigation +1

Religion +1

Insight -1

Perception -1

Medicine -1

Animal Handling -1

Survival -1

Persuasion +5

Intimidation +5

Deception +3

Performance +3

Bold denotes proficency/(E) denotes expertise

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES LANGUAGES CLASS ABILITIES RACIAL TRAITS FEATS

Dice Set

Vehicles (land)

Light Armor

Medium Armor

Simple Weapons

Martial Weapons

Common

Vampire

Warlock Class Abilities

Otherworldly PatronAt 1st level, you have struck a bargain with an otherworldly being of your choice. Your choice grants you features at 1st level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level. HexbladeYou have made your pact with a mysterious entity from the Shadowfell – a force that manifests in sentient magic weapons carved from the stuff of shadow. The mighty sword Blackrazor is the most notable of these weapons, which have been spread across the multiverse over the ages. The shadowy force behind these weapons can offer power to warlocks who form pacts with it. Many hexblade warlocks create weapons that emulate those formed in the Shadowfell. Others forgo such arms, content to weave the dark magic of that plane into their spellcasting.

Because the Raven Queen is known to have forged the first of these weapons, many sages speculate that she and the force are one and that the weapons, along with hexblade warlocks, are tools she uses to manipulate events on the Material Plane to her inscrutable ends.

Pact MagicYour arcane research and the magic bestowed on you by your patron have given you facility with spells.

Spellcasting FocusYou can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus for your warlock spells.

Hexblade's CurseStarting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

* You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.

* Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.

* If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Hex WarriorAt 1st level, you acquire the training necessary to effectively arm yourself for battle. You gain proficiency with medium armor, shields, and martial weapons.

The influence of your patron also allows you to mystically channel your will through a particular weapon. Whenever you finish a long rest, you can touch one weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the two-handed property. When you attack with that weapon, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls. This benefit lasts until you finish a long rest. If you later gain the Pact of the Blade feature, this benefit extends to every pact weapon you conjure with that feature, no matter the weapon's type.

Eldritch InvocationsIn your study of occult lore, you have unearthed Eldritch Invocations, fragments of forbidden knowledge that imbue you with an abiding magical ability.

At 2nd level, you gain two eldritch invocations of your choice. When you gain certain warlock levels, you gain additional invocations of your choice, as shown in the Invocations Known column of the Warlock table. A level prerequisite refers to your level in this class.

Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the invocations you know and replace it with another invocation that you could learn at that level.

Agonizing BlastWhen you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.

Armor of ShadowsYou can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Ability Score IncreaseIncrease one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. +2 Cha, +1 Con

DarkvisionThanks to your heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray. 60'

Vampiric ResistanceYou have resistance to necrotic damage.

Blood ThirstYou can drain blood and life energy from a willing creature, or one that is grappled by you, incapacitated, or restrained. Make a melee attack against the target. If you hit, you deal 1 piercing damage and 1d6 necrotic damage. The target’s hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken, and you regain hit points equal to that amount. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0. A humanoid killed in this way becomes a null, a faceless zombie that is stronger and faster than the typical zombie.

[Feats and/or ASI here]

8437-200.pngATTACKS

WEAPON TO HIT DAMAGE PROPERTIES / (RANGE)
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing versatile (1d10) / melee
Eldritch Blast +5 1d10+3 force

(120')

Daggers +4 1d4+2 piercing light, finesse thrown (20'/60')
Shortsword +4 1d6+2 piercing light, finesse

spacer.pngSPELLS

Spell Slots: 2/2

Warkock - Spell Save DC: 13 Spell Attack Mod: +5 Spells Known: 3 Cantrips: 2 Max Spell Level: 1

CANTRIPS 1ST LEVEL 2ND LEVEL 3RD LEVEL

Warlock

Eldritch Blast B.png.e1e96a87c54a2dea9b2663ba58fbc6bb.png

Sword Burst B.png.e1e96a87c54a2dea9b2663ba58fbc6bb.pngR.png.66b0fa65b548321610056fa18d5356d2.png

Warlock

Hex (C, B) B.png.e1e96a87c54a2dea9b2663ba58fbc6bb.png

Expeditious Retreat (C, B) U.png.cf74868c4e74ec8d5b3f350002eb1fd1.png

Shield (R) U.png.cf74868c4e74ec8d5b3f350002eb1fd1.png

Mage Armor* U.png.cf74868c4e74ec8d5b3f350002eb1fd1.png

4TH LEVEL 5TH LEVEL 6TH LEVEL 7TH LEVEL

8TH LEVEL 9TH LEVEL    

* Denotes an eldritch invocation spell. / (C) Denotes concentration. / (R) Denotes reaction spell. / (B) Denotes bonus action spell.

money-dollar-circle-512.pngMONEY

Copper: 0 Silver: 0 Gold: 10 Obsidian: 0 Platinum: 0

(16 Coins * .02 lbs. = .32 lbs. Total Weight)

Encumbrance, heaviness, load, mass, sinker, stowage, weight icon - Download  on IconfinderENCUMBRANCE

Weight: 95.82 lbs. / 150 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
Penalty: None

688885-200.pngEQUIPMENT READIED

Equipped Items: (40 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

ARMOR (24 lbs.) WEAPONS (7 lbs.) READIED ITEMS (8 lbs.)

Uniform - 2 gp (4 lbs.)

Leather Armor - 10 gp (10 lbs.)

Hide Armor - 10 gp (20 lb)

Light Crossbow - 25 gp (5 lbs.)

Longsword - 15 gp (3 lbs.)

Short Sword - 10 gp (2lbs)

Dagger (x2) - 4 gp (2 lbs.)

Mace - 5 gp (4 lbs.)

Orb (spellcasting focus) - 30 gp (3 lbs.)

Backpack (1 cubic ft/30 lbs) - 2 gp (5 lbs.)

Crossbow Bolts (x20) - 1 gp (1.5 lbs.)

Bolded denotes Hexwarrior bond / strike denotes item was traded in or sold

education_icons_IF-06-512.pngEQUIPMENT STORED

Stored Items: (56.82 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

IN BACKPACK (28.82 lbs.) STRAPPED TO BACKPACK (28 lbs.) AT HOME (-- lbs.)

Hammer - 1 gp (3 lbs.)

Crowbar - 2 gp (5 lbs.)

Pitons (x10) - 50 cp (2.5 lbs.)

Rations (x6) - 30 sp (12 lbs.)

Torches (x5) - 5 cp (5 lbs.)

Tinderbox - 5 sp (1 lbs.)

Coins - 16 gp (.32 lbs.)

Waterskin (full) - 2 sp (5 lbs.)

Hempen Rope (50') - 1 gp (10 lbs.)

Rations (x4) - 20 sp (8 lbs.)

Torches (x5) - 5 cp (5 lbs.)

[--]

Item_necklace_9.pngMAGIC ITEMS

Magic Items: (0 lbs.)

NON-ATTUNED (0.0 lbs) ATTUNED 0/3 (x lbs.)

CHARACTER OVERVIEW

Appearance
Hair: Black Eyes: Red Complexion: Light Purple

A tall yet lithe vampire male with a striking grin and eyes of hungering red. He has abandoned the tribal body of decoration of his homeland and now wears the fashion of a mortal warrior...a wolf in sheep's raiment. In a tavern, he is cheerful and open to fellow patrons and adventurers. In battle, he laughs for joy and a macabre aesthetic as though at a feast.

spacer.pngBACKGROUND

Mercenary Veteran

Personality Traits: "I am curious about the notion of Fate and the greater cosmos."

Ideals: "Seeing my enemies destroyed, my thirst sated, and my debts paid. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy ourselves along the way though."

Bonds: "Over the course of my life, I've met many, liked a few, and loved a handful. Now I find meaning in the small interactions with those I meet on my path to power...even if it brings them death."

Flaws: "My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning."

Background Feature: Mercenary LifeYou know the mercenary life as only someone who has experienced it can. You are able to identify mercenary companies by their emblems, and you know a little about any such company, including the names and reputations of its commanders and leaders, and who has hired them recently. You can find the taverns and festhalls where mercenaries abide in any area, as long as you speak the language. You can find mercenary work between adventures sufficient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.

Backstory

"How long has it been since that Bloodchief made me? I can hardly recall now..."

"I was sired by Kalitas of Family Ghet, part of their campaign to replenish their numbers and regain their status as I would later learn. Of my past life, I remember very little. From what scraps of memory that remain...I might have been an artist of some sort. When I inquired further, my creators...strongly discouraged me from pursuing that line of thinking. I discovered two things while learning to survive the game of blood and politick in the canals of Malakir: that I was but a strand in the web of Ghet's machinations and that I did not inherit the tendencies and cravings of my Bloodchief like my kin. More accurately, I did not inherit the traits Kalitas wanted me to have. The Bloodchief desired footsoldiers that were cunning, ruthless, and unquestioningly obedient. I had the former two characteristics in spades but I could not help question things. I pondered the nature our Curse of Years, the thoughts and feelings of our prey, and the fathomless line between action and happenstance. In an effort to become a better soldier for that, I would inquire the reasoning and goals for the commands I was given. Looking back now though, I realize that my superiors misread my curiosity for a doubt in their obvious brilliance that bordered on treachery. Perhaps it was that inadvertent wound to their pride that convinced Ghet to sacrifice me to the Lacerators that day...

The Bloodbrand

"It was a simple job, another warehouse of exports to discreetly capture in Ghet's effort to gain control of Nimana and thus the flow of slaves to consume or turn. In truth, it was also a relay for the infamous  assassins to receive their orders before leaving Guul Draz to kill abroad. Our superiors must have known this. I escaped the initial slaughter only to find myself denied my Family's protection. It was a masterful stroke. The Lacerator den was discovered and abandoned, and the Bloodchiefs of Ghet disowned me and my compatriots, saying we had acted on our own accord, so Nirkana would only kill us in retribution. I became prey, an offering to the of alter of the game of blood and politick.

"My creators expected me to die right there in that warehouse. Yet I survived. I escaped. I fled into the swamp lands of Guul Draz like an escaped chattel. The Lacerator's hunted me for days. I suppose I should take some measure of pride in eluding them for so long, it was no small task for a vampire of my age and station. At the time though, I was consumed by desperation, fear, and hatred, for both my creator and executioners. It was only a matter of time before I succumb to either the thirst, the filth bursts, or the Nirkanas. At last, I did find myself surrounded by those hated assassins.

"As the Lacerators poised themselves to disembowel me and hang my flayed corpse from the gates of Nimana, I cursed the world. Was this really my lot, plucked from an unknown mortal life just to be a victim for someone else' design? I seethed for hatred of all things vampiric. I roared for a lust to seize control of my fate. That was how It heard me...

"I knew not what it was at the moment. Time had slowed to the stillness of a portrait and all around me the world was monochrome save the black sword wreath in a crimson double helix. The sword spoke to me, claiming to be a weapon of intellect and a walker of planes. It gave me a choice: swear to serve it in return for life and power or die ignominiously as an eternal victim. The absurdity of what it came to be aside, I saw what this pact was: another form of servitude. Yet with thralldom came life; and with life came the chance for freedom. This master was different: a sword needs a wielder after all.

"So I accept the terms of this Planeswalker that called itself the Bloodbrand. I doubt that was Its true name, just some title for the benefit of my race and Its own sense of humor. In that moment, black and red mana surged through me and eradicated the three pouncing Lacerators in midair. The Bloodbrand told me that this merely a demonstration of its true power that I must earn the right to use freely. When I asked it what it wanted of me, my Patron merely said that all would be clear in time. I ill liked that answer but decided to focus on my current situation.

"Returning to Malakir would mean certain doom and I had not the patience for the game they played. I hated my creators and all other vampires. Let them fester in their cosmopolitan labyrinth of betrayal and deceit! I went to the Free City of Nimana, boarded an embarking slave galley, killed most of the crew, and forced the rest to take me from Guul Draz. From where we disembarked, I traveled, becoming a mercenary. The rest of Zendikar certainly had no want for death and war. For the decades I spent killing for sport, I learned enough about mortals and their own less intricate games. Whereas vampires thought and planned in terms of centuries, most shorter lived species like the kor and humans planned for the next year at best. Yet there  was a certain stability in their short existence. The longer-lived Elves were more vampire-like in terms of forethought, but they were not predators and their low birth rate presented their nations with the inverse of Malakir's problems. These insights gave me a greater appreciation for the world and, more importantly, better tools for manipulating others once I got around to natural wariness that they had for me and my race.

"Now the Bloodbrand has guided me to join the Expeditionary Houses here in Sea Gate. After much hesitation on their part and a legally binding oath not to feast on civilians and fellow adventurers of mine, they permitted me entry into their organization. Only time will tell what my benefactor wishes for me but I have sworn to never again become a victim."

Player Information

What's your experience with D&D 5e?  Are you a new player?

I've been playing 5e for over a year now. Before that, it was and still is Pathfinder and a little bit of 3.5

How familiar are you with Zendikar?  Those with no knowledge of the world are more than welcome, and I'll include some world information soon!

I've read up on it to know that it was used to seal the Eldrazi until Nicol Bolas, genius that he is, unsealed them for some reason.

What posting rate are you comfortable with?

I can do three times or more a week. If something comes up, I keep the group informed.

Edited by RedDingo (see edit history)

Nhoririn Darzuul - Vampire Warlockspacer.png

AC: 15 | HP: 15/15| Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 9 | Spell Slots: 1st 2/2 | Darkvision: 60'

Narration

"Speech"

thoughts in italics

Mechanics

Main Hand: Longsword
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by RedDingo (see edit history)

• 3 months later...