The Tavern

paula36

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. How geared up should I be? I just put the basics in, but I'm wondering what sort of world I should expect to have been in. Should I have contingencies for all the adventurer things? Is just a sword enough to protect myself? I don't need to know what you have planned, but I should have experience as to what he's been through before.

Well, how much do you enjoy keeping track of mundane stuff and buying them for the character?

If you like that, you can make a detailed list of what gear he has and stick to it strictly.

If you prefer, we can assume he prepares for specific situations; when he goes to explore some ruins, he automatically has mundane stuff he'd logically need, like ropes, torches, etc.

Supernatural or very expensive items are different, those should be listed.

Is just a sword enough to protect myself?

Are you referring to silver sword a-la-witcher kind of special arms?

Sometimes granularity is nice, but I think the latter option is better for this.

56 minutes ago, paula36 said:

Are you referring to silver sword a-la-witcher kind of special arms?

Sort of, I mean like do I need a bow for ranged attacks and a dagger for grappling and silver and cold iron weapons for damage reduction and stuff.

Where to start?

Mercenary guild hall?

A tavern?

Some old acquaintance?

Town guard headquarters?

The Grey House? (= town 'hospital', though that's quite a euphemism)

I supposed not. I thought it's a local thing Cyrus was going to do some time after arriving back.

If you want to, we can consider him a member whenever he has an hour or so in town and spends it to join. Would you like a roleplaying scene for it or just consider it done?

Is it ok if I make all 'sense rolls' for Cyrus?

That would include people sense as well as the physical senses. For me it feels in synergy with the occult mystery mood we're aiming for, with the player not knowing the rolls only the narrative part.

ร—
ร—