Edit History

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

Jarren Grayson, the Nightshade

image.jpeg.7ee722c41543eea6cfe96701d4f48ece.jpeg

"OOF!" Jarren grunted, taking the blow from the war hulk. Feeling himself get thrown to the ground, he crashed onto the grass hard, and had to take a moment to recover. "I'm definitely feeling that tomorrow," he thought to himself, gritting his teeth.

Propping himself up on his elbows, he wiped a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth, looked up at Grugurg, and reluctantly said, "Friend, if you're in there... I'm sorry about this."

In a blur of motion, the Nightshade suddenly kipped up and darted forward. Grugurg barely had time to register the shadow moving his way as he rolled between the giant warrior's legs, popping up on the other side. A moment later, two blades plunged into his back, keenly aimed to take him down as swiftly and mercifully as possible.

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Male NG Dark Human LA 1/Rogue 5/Avenger 7 || Urban Ranger 3/Fighter 4/Swashbuckler 2/Urban Ranger +3/Barbarian 1, Level 13, Init 7, HP 79/131+26, DR 1/- (6/10), Speed 60ft
AC 23+4, Touch 16, Flat-footed 18+4, Fort 11+7, Ref 16+7, Will 6+7, Base Attack Bonus +13/+8/+3
Lesser Cold Assault Rogue Blade +19/+14/+9 (1d8+1+1d6 Cold, 18-20/x2)
+1 Light Swordbow (x40 Arrows) +19/+14/+9 (1d6+1 [Bow] | 1d8+1 [Rapier], x3 [Bow] | 18-20/x2 [Rapier])
+2 Short Sword +20/+15/+10 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)
+3 Least Iron Ward Mithral Chain Shirt (+7 Armor, +6 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 21, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 15
Condition

Dark Subtype

• Resistance: Cold 10
  • Hide in Plain Sight (Ex)

Rogue/Avenger

• Sneak Attack (+7d6+13)
  • Trap Sense (Ex) +1
  • Trapfinding
  • (Improved) Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
  • Evasion (Ex)
  • Poison Use
  • +3 to Saves vs Poison
  • Death Attack (DC 21)

Urban Ranger

• Favored Enemy (Human +4) (Gnoll +2) (Ex)
  • Urban Tracking
  • Wild Empathy (Ex) (1d20+3)
  • Combat Style (Two-Weapon) (Ex)
  • Improved Combat Style (Two-Weapon) (Ex)

Swashbuckler

• Weapon Finesse (Ex)
  • Grace (Ex) (+1)

Barbarian

• Ferocity (Ex) [0/1]x/day
  • Lion Totem

Shadows of Virtue

• Rank 30 (Nightshade)
  • Hire for Lesser Action
  • Hire for Greater Action
  • Nimble Charge
  • Nimble Stand
  • Dimension Door [0/1]x/day
  • Opportunist (Ex)

Magic Items

• Rogue Blade [2/2]x/day
  • Belt of Battle [0/3] charges
  • Rod of Ropes
  • Corsair's Eyepatch
  • Bracers of Murder
  • Cloak of the Bat
  • Necklace of Vine Strike [3/3]x/day
  • Anklet of Translocation [2/2]x/day
  • Ring of the Darkhidden
  • Shiftweave
  • Handy Haversack 

Active Effects: Nondetection (7 hours), Gift of Grace (until end of day); Conviction (130 minutes); Bear's Endurance (13 minutes); Freedom of Movement (70 minutes); Shield (1 minute)

OOC: Yeouch. 30 points of damage (reduced by 1 from DR).

Okay, time to break out the big moves.

Swift Action: Jarren activates his Belt of Battle to grant him another standard action, depleting the belt of its remaining charges for the day.

Move Action: Jarren will Tumble through Grugurg's space onto the other side. With a 30 minimum on the check, I don't think I need to roll, but I will if @Blue Jay would like. Even with environmental effects like "severely obstructed" or "severely slippery", he still hits the DC of 30. If a roll is required, I'll be applying a use of Jarren's Daredevil Athlete feat to add another +5 to the roll for a 35 minimum.

The successful Tumble triggers his Acrobatic Strike feat, which grants a +4 untyped bonus to his next attack roll against Grugurg this round. It also triggers his Acrobatic Backstab skill trick, which means he treats Grugurg as flat-footed against his next melee attack.

Standard Action(s): Jarren takes both of his standard actions to attack Grugurg. If these hit, both will deal sneak attack damage. Technically, since these are two separate standard actions and not a full attack, he gets full BAB to each attack. For style reasons, he'll make one attack with each weapon he's holding: his Rogue Blade first, and his +2 Short Sword second. With his Vexing Flanker feat, these attacks gain another +4 bonus to hit.

For clarity, the Rogue Blade attack has a +8 bonus on top of its normal attack modifier, and treats Grugurg as flat-footed. The Short Sword attack only has a +4 and rolls against normal AC.

Reaction: In the event Grugurg still survives long enough to make an attack on his turn, Jarren's Opportunist ability from his guild fires, granting him an opportunity attack, which presumably comes with its own sneak attack due to flanking.

TLDR: Jarren Tumbles through Grugurg's space. If Grugurg's AC (regular or flat-footed) is 29 or lower, Jarren deals 72 magical piercing damage and 4 cold damage. If Grugurg makes an attack on his next turn, Jarren gets an opportunity attack, dealing another 45 magical piercing damage and 2 cold damage.

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

"OOF!" Jarren grunted, taking the blow from the war hulk. Feeling himself get thrown to the ground, he crashed onto the grass hard, and had to take a moment to recover. "I'm definitely feeling that tomorrow," he thought to himself, gritting his teeth.

Propping himself up on his elbows, he wiped a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth, looked up at Grugurg, and reluctantly said, "Friend, if you're in there... I'm sorry about this."

In a blur of motion, the Nightshade suddenly kipped up and darted forward. Grugurg barely had time to register the shadow moving his way as he rolled between the giant warrior's legs, popping up on the other side. A moment later, two blades plunged into his back, keenly aimed to take him down as swiftly and mercifully as possible.

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Male NG Dark Human LA 1/Rogue 5/Avenger 7 || Urban Ranger 3/Fighter 4/Swashbuckler 2/Urban Ranger +3/Barbarian 1, Level 13, Init 7, HP 79/131+26, DR 1/- (6/10), Speed 60ft
AC 23+4, Touch 16, Flat-footed 18+4, Fort 11+7, Ref 16+7, Will 6+7, Base Attack Bonus +13/+8/+3
+1 Light Swordbow (x40 Arrows) +19/+14/+9 (1d6+1 [Bow] | 1d8+1 [Rapier], x3 [Bow] | 18-20/x2 [Rapier])
Condition

Dark Subtype

Rogue/Avenger

• Sneak Attack (+7d6+13)
  • Trap Sense (Ex) +1
  • Trapfinding
  • Evasion (Ex)
  • Poison Use
  • +3 to Saves vs Poison
  • Death Attack (DC 21)

Urban Ranger

• Urban Tracking

Swashbuckler

• Weapon Finesse (Ex)
  • Grace (Ex) (+1)

Barbarian

• Lion Totem

Shadows of Virtue

• Rank 30 (Nightshade)
  • Hire for Lesser Action
  • Nimble Charge
  • Nimble Stand
  • Opportunist (Ex)

Magic Items

• Rogue Blade [2/2]x/day
  • Rod of Ropes
  • Corsair's Eyepatch
  • Bracers of Murder
  • Cloak of the Bat
  • Ring of the Darkhidden
  • Shiftweave
  • Handy Haversack 

Active Effects: Nondetection (7 hours), Gift of Grace (until end of day); Conviction (130 minutes); Bear's Endurance (13 minutes); Freedom of Movement (70 minutes); Shield (1 minute)

Swift Action: Jarren activates his Belt of Battle to grant him another standard action, depleting the belt of its remaining charges for the day.

Move Action: Jarren will Tumble through Grugurg's space onto the other side. With a 30 minimum on the check, I don't think I need to roll, but I will if @Blue Jay would like. Even with environmental effects like "severely obstructed" or "severely slippery", he still hits the DC of 30. If a roll is required, I'll be applying a use of Jarren's Daredevil Athlete feat to add another +5 to the roll for a 35 minimum.

The successful Tumble triggers his Acrobatic Strike feat, which grants a +4 untyped bonus to his next attack roll against Grugurg this round. It also triggers his Acrobatic Backstab skill trick, which means he treats Grugurg as flat-footed against his next melee attack.

Standard Action(s): Jarren takes both of his standard actions to attack Grugurg. If these hit, both will deal sneak attack damage. Technically, since these are two separate standard actions and not a full attack, he gets full BAB to each attack. For style reasons, he'll make one attack with each weapon he's holding: his Rogue Blade first, and his +2 Short Sword second. With his Vexing Flanker feat, these attacks gain another +4 bonus to hit.

For clarity, the Rogue Blade attack has a +8 bonus on top of its normal attack modifier, and treats Grugurg as flat-footed. The Short Sword attack only has a +4 and rolls against normal AC.

Reaction: In the event Grugurg still survives long enough to make an attack on his turn, Jarren's Opportunist ability from his guild fires, granting him an opportunity attack, which presumably comes with its own sneak attack due to flanking.

TLDR: Jarren Tumbles through Grugurg's space. If Grugurg's AC (regular or flat-footed) is 29 or lower, Jarren deals 72 magical piercing damage and 4 cold damage. If Grugurg makes an attack on his next turn, Jarren gets an opportunity attack, dealing another 45 piercing damage and 2 cold damage.

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Condition

Dark Subtype

Rogue/Avenger

• Sneak Attack (+7d6+13)
  • Trap Sense (Ex) +1
  • Trapfinding
  • Evasion (Ex)
  • Poison Use
  • +3 to Saves vs Poison
  • Death Attack (DC 21)

Urban Ranger

• Urban Tracking

Swashbuckler

• Weapon Finesse (Ex)
  • Grace (Ex) (+1)

Barbarian

• Lion Totem

Shadows of Virtue

• Rank 30 (Nightshade)
  • Hire for Lesser Action
  • Nimble Charge
  • Nimble Stand
  • Opportunist (Ex)

Magic Items

• Rogue Blade [2/2]x/day
  • Rod of Ropes
  • Corsair's Eyepatch
  • Bracers of Murder
  • Cloak of the Bat
  • Ring of the Darkhidden
  • Shiftweave
  • Handy Haversack 

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

Mechanics & OOC

Statblock

Condition

Dark Subtype

Rogue/Avenger

• Sneak Attack (+7d6+13)
  • Trap Sense (Ex) +1
  • Trapfinding
  • Evasion (Ex)
  • Poison Use
  • +3 to Saves vs Poison
  • Death Attack (DC 21)

Urban Ranger

• Urban Tracking

Swashbuckler

• Weapon Finesse (Ex)
  • Grace (Ex) (+1)

Barbarian

• Lion Totem

Shadows of Virtue

• Rank 30 (Nightshade)
  • Hire for Lesser Action
  • Nimble Charge
  • Nimble Stand
  • Opportunist (Ex)

Magic Items

• Rogue Blade [2/2]x/day
  • Rod of Ropes
  • Corsair's Eyepatch
  • Bracers of Murder
  • Cloak of the Bat
  • Ring of the Darkhidden
  • Shiftweave
  • Handy Haversack