Character Creation Guidelines

Starting Level: 9th-level gestalt

Races: You may create a race using the Race Builder for Pathfinder RPG using 20 RP and have complete freedom over the specifics of its appearance, ecology, culture, plane of origin, etc.

Race Requirements: Race requirements for archetypes, favored class bonuses, feats, etc are hereby waived, although you must meet whatever other requirements they have, if any.

Classes: You may only use Spheres classes, the Spheres conversions of first-party Paizo classes from the Spheres wiki, and the Spheres Kineticist conversion. The Sage class is banned unless it obtains an official fix. I will allow the Pathfinder conversions of Starfinder classes on the Spheres wiki, but only if you take the appropriate archetypes that morph them into Spheres classes; do note that the Starfinder Envoy (NOT the actual Spheres Envoy) conversion is banned. Most third-party Spheres classes are also available, but you will need to check with me on those first.

Unofficial Spheres Content: I am generally fine with the non-Drop Dead Studios published Spheres content, but make sure to run them by me just to be sure.

Traditions: Everyone can create their own custom Traditions.

Available Spheres: All current Spheres as of the time of posting this are fair game except for Bear. Anything released after this must be cleared by me if you intend on using it.

Spheres Talents: I am placing no restrictions on Talents other than the wholesale banning of Deific Talents.

Spheres Kineticist Elements: Although the Spheres Kineticist variant does not make mention of them, the new Elements from the Spheres Wiki are also available to them.

Ability Scores: Purchase ability scores using a 30 point buy. Players cannot purchase more than four ability score boosts to any given ability score using the Advanced Traits section. Players retain the standard ability score bonuses from leveling up and may distribute them as they please.

Gold, Gear, and Crafting: Use the standard WBL for ninth-level characters. You may pre-craft if you have the abiltiy to do so, but only for yourself.

Feats: Characters gain a feat every level instead of every other level.

Traits: Two traits, neither of which can be a Campaign Trait, and no drawbacks for more.

Oaths: Players may not utilize the Oath system for Spheres.

Spellcrafting/Techniquecrafting: Available with my supervision and the usual GM fiat.

Background Skills: Available to all PCs, per the optional rule.

Skills: In Addition to Background Skills, the new Skill Uses, Intrigue Skill Checks, and Prolonged Skill Checks systems from the Spheres wiki will be in place.

HP: All characters and the companions they gain which would normally roll for HP should assume all HP rolls are maximum.

Combat Stamina and Skill Unlocks: Available to anyone wishing to purchase them, per their optional rules.

Fractional Bonuses: PCs who are looking to multiclass may choose whether to use the Fractional Bonuses alternate rule. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and can be a headache to manage in gestalt, but the option is there for those who are looking to multiclass.

Variant Multiclassing: Players may not utilize the Variant Multiclassing option in this game; gestalt should be more than adequate in helping people get their builds working properly.

Gatewalking (Su): This is a new power that all PCs have and allows them to create a magical portal for interplanar travel to any known plane (accurate second-hand knowledge is fine). This process takes three minutes- that is thirty rounds- of uninterrupted concentration and creates a portal that is functionally identical to the Planar Travel version of the Gate spell. The visuals of each Gate are unique to each Gatewalker and can assume many forms: a rippling circle of blue energy, an ornate golden door, a mechanical iris that opens in mid-air, etc.

Tongues (Su): Gatewalkers possess a supernatural understanding of language that transcends all barriers and function as if under the Tongues spell at all times.

Elephant in the Room: This game will not be using Elephant in the Room.

Edited by Saberfan (see edit history)

There are a few things I'd like to see on any submission and I'll try to be precise about what those things are. Anything beyond these two broad requirements is not necessary, although it may net you some bonus points with me if you decide to include more.

• A completed statblock. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it's something I need from people nonetheless because it's difficult to tell how a character will slot into a party without one.
  • A description of your character's appearance and personality, as well as a little bit about their background, race, and home world. If you plan on using an established setting as your character's homeworld, then I would like a little more in the way of specifics.
Edited by Saberfan (see edit history)