LargestFriends' Collection of Large Friends

Almost missed this... oof, been a long week.

I've been looking forward to this all December and I've had a huge backlog of character concepts... One of which I was even able to squeeze into a game before the end of 2023 so I might not include them (a ghost archer who was feared as a folkloric devil; she's been fun so far.) . Anyway, typically these will probably be characters made in Pathfinder 2e since it's a very flexible system, though I may use other systems if I find resources for that.

1 January - "Echo"

• System: Pathfinder 2e
  • Ancestry and Heritage: Android, Impersonator
  • Background: Time Traveler
  • Class and Subclass: Thaumaturge, Tome Implement
  • Archetype(s): Wit Swashbuckler
  • Level: 5
  • Sheet link: Here
  • Inspiration art: Here, I'll try to track down the original artist when I'm more free.

History

Built in the distant future, "Echo" had a low-level government job for the tyrannical empire that she was built under. As other androids surveyed the world, Echo was merely the editor to make sure the info submitted was accurate to accepted numbers... a job she often had to 'fudge' in order to keep her head. Echo grew to love the world, however, and grew increasingly distressed with how her position was aiding in the destruction of her world and the billions of lives who lived there. With the help out of connections she made in secrecy, she found a way to travel back in the past to attempt to undue the future that created her...

...Or at least that's what she told her newly found companions, those who cared to listen to her stories. In truth, she was a time traveler, and she was from a dystopian future, but her intentions were, at least in the beginning, less altruistic. In her time, "Chronotourism" had taken off among the future's middle class. Echo, having booked a trip to the "Age of Legends", had in the moment decided to simply flee, to live her life in the past, after she was reminded of how soul-crushingly mundane her living situation was in her present.

Personality and mechanics

Emotional, quick to anger and neurotic, Echo uses her ever expanded copy of Encyclopedia Galactica to find information on nearly every creature and town she comes across and often relies on her absurd and bizarre insults to distract and frighten enemies. Though not particularly smart, Echo has a working knowledge of many different fields, represented by her large amount of lores, and if in a pinch, can rely on the EG for help. Her high dexterity doesn't come from being a great acrobat or fighter, but more from being extremely skittish and quick to fear. Still, though her morals may not rock-solid, given her willingness to lie, she does have a good heart and see's her new lot in life as a way to do good she never could in her native world.

Notes

I thought the idea of a thaumaturge essentially using future Wikipedia was a cute concept and one that had a lot of fun RP potential beyond just the novelty of the gag. Though the character was partly intended to be comedic, I wanted there to be some sort of tragedy behind her too. She's an emotional wreck whose high charisma comes from her freaking weird but also sort of magnetic in a way. She was primarily inspired by the song "Echo in the Mirror", which is a song that means a lot to me personally.

In short she's the definition of "girlfailure".

Missed yesterday due to chronic fatigue, I'll try to make it up by having two characters tomorrow.

3 January - Lili the Storm-Maiden

• System: Pathfinder 2e
  • Ancestry and Heritage: Orc, Hold-Scared
  • Background: Concordance Scout
  • Class and Subclass: Kineticist, Air (Single)
  • Archetype(s): Wit Swashbuckler
  • Level: 5
  • Sheet link: Here

I don't have much history or personality to gush on for Lili. Echo was a character I've wanted to play or write for a very long time; Lili is too but in a different way. I'm an aspiring folklorist who has been studying Japanese folklore and creatures. Lili is an Orc whose reflavored to act like an Oni, who have been my primary object of interest lately due to their convoluted, confusing, bizarre and disturbing history and culture. Lili is a Kineticist due to Oni's connection with thunder and storms; though another way I thought of building her was as a very bulky Ruffian Rogue to but decided I wanted to build off Kineticsts instead. My only real problem with the class (aside with how overly wordy a lot of Pathfinder 2e class feats and features have gotten since Dark Archived tbqh) is how their feats never felt as flavorful as other classes. The flavor is up to you to make from; which can be great of course but I think works best if it's a character you've actively wrote out for awhile before you really played as them, if that makes sense.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. My next characters will be more fleshed out.