Kuri's Creations

2 days left. Well lets go back to exalted 2nd edition and go with my personal favorite exalted type the Sidreals.

Show this

Name: Silver tongued Nightingale
Nickname: Silver
Caste: Chosen of Serenity
Concept: Peace bringer
Motivation: To end factional conflicts in the five fold fellowship
Faction: Independent

Description: Silver stands a full five feet eight inches in height and has an incredibly toned build for a woman of her size. She keeps her dark brown hair long enough so it falls almost down to the middle of her back and the way she frames it only draws people to look into her eyes more. Unlike people from the south her skin remains a healthy peach color, sometimes tanned but people can always tell the lighter tone of her skin when compared with natives

She has many modes of dress but she tends to favor fabrics and dresses that are close against the skin, simultaneously showing off her figure and making it difficult to grab hold of her. Her most common mode of dress tends to be a black kimono with a stylized floral pattern that is cut to allow her great maneuverability.

Personality: Silver seems quite happy most of the time whether in the middle of a heated argument with a god or sidereal or practicing kata’s. No matter what the situation she always seems to have what others call a healing smile on her face. The kind that just make the problems of the moment go away in her presence.

She has strong beliefs about most things, especially when it comes to factional business but shes never one to let it bother her and thus makes it hard for any expressed opinions to bother most other Sidreals or even gods. Her strongest belief is quite abstract in the form of trying to do the right thing and never falling short of that. Its earned her the ire of other Sidreals a few times but as friendly and welcoming as she seems to be she also becomes that kind of person that you just cant hate for long.

No matter what the situation she often seems talkative though her way of talking often gets others to start talking and then she becomes the listener. She often does so so the person can use her as a kind of release valve to get questions, concerns, or emotions off their chest and soon after helping them to feel a bit better about themselves or a given situation.

Silver doesn’t have very many personal interests because shes often far to busy working but she is known for her skill at telling stories and writing or reciting poetry. She also takes great strides to take care of her body and when asked helps others improve their own. Usually this involves vigorous excersise or martial arts training

Background: Silver was born on the blessed isle nearly twenty years ago, the daughter of two renowned instructors within one of the many schools that educated dynast children. She was the first of three children, the other two both boys and who would not come for years later. Before she could barely walk she was spirited away to heaven.

Silver is one of those few exaltations that have gone right for the five score fellowship. When it was examined the loom of fate was read correctly and said that the previous owner of her exaltation would die from old age and the woman to possess his exaltation would exalt less then a year later. While the fellowship waited for the coming day Silver was placed in the care of some minor matron gods who raised her to the age of six. Then she was turned over to the Division of Serenity, serving primarily Uvanavu as a messenger and secretary however one day each week one of the Joybringers would take her away for special training. It didn’t take long before her smiles and hard work ethic endeared her into the hearts of the Joybringers and several of the gods, even her prior exaltation.

Fourteen years later the oldest Joybringer in existence passed on, surrounded by friends, coworkers, and even Silver. Only a month past before her turn came, she knew nothing of the destiny that had been foretold years ago but she did know that she was no longer the little girl that made others smile. At that moment she became one of them

Only a few days after her Exaltation she went to the Bureau of heaven to requisition some things she would need as a Joybringer. They handed over the hearthstone bracers easily enough but as she applied for a manse she found something odd. She knew exactly who to talk to, what to say and how to say it, as well as who to bribe with how much. What she didn’t understand at the time was her previous exaltation had seen his death coming and made an effort to keep the golden pagoda that housed his manse in the hands of his protégé. Eventually she was given the manse, to the surprise of many lower ranked gods and Sidreals alike

When she came to the Pagoda she could only look around stunned by its majestic beauty as it soaked up the light of the Unconquered sun. Inside she found the halls empty but when she reached the center chamber she found a small hearthstone glowing brightly as well as a sealed wooden box. Inside was a note from her predecessor that explained his life from the day he was exalted, through his service to the primordials, through his choice to help the Bronze faction destroy and imprison the Solars, through his help in making the dragonblooded the power they are today, and even in his last moments as he questioned whether the decisions he made in life were the right ones.

Silver took his story to heart, memorizing the entire scroll before she fulfilled his final request: each year on the first day of calibration she would lay flowers on his grave.

Attributes
Strength 3        Charisma 4        Perception 2
Dexterity 3        Manipulation 4    Intelligence 2
Stamina 3        Appearance 3         Wits 3

%Notes a caste ability
*Notes a favored ability

Archery* 3
Martial arts* 3
Melee
Thrown
War

Integrity* 3
Performance% 4
Presence* 4
Resistance 1
Survival

Craft (air)% 1
Investigation 1
Lore 3
Medicine 2
Occult 2

Athletics 1
Awareness 2
Dodge% 2
Larceny
Stealth 1

Bureaucracy 2
Linguistics% 3
Ride
Sail 1
Socialize% 4

%Notes a caste skill
*Notes a favored skill

Specialties

Languages
Old realm(Native)
Riverspeak

Compassion 3
Conviction 2
Temperance 2
Valor 2
Flaw:

Backgrounds
Artifact 2 (Hearthstone bracers) 2
Backing (Convention of fire) 1
Backing (Convention of plague) 1
Backing (Division of serenity) 3
Celestial manse (Gem of inhuman beauty) 4
Connections (Bureau of Heaven) 1
Connections (Bureau of Humanity) 1
Salary 3
Savant 2
Sifu (Righteous devil style, crane style, Dreaming pearl courtesan style, Quicksilver hand of dreams style, border of kaleidoscope logic style) 3

Willpower 5/5
Essence 2
Personal /
Peripheral /
Committed

Soak B L A
Health levels
0 [] []
-1 [] []
-2 [] []
-4 []

Equipment
2 flame pieces

Charms
Ox body technique
Absence (2m)
Second performance Excellency (2m per success)
Heart-Brightening Presentation style (2m)
Perfection in life (5m)
Second bureaucracy Excellency (2m per success)
Second socialize Excellency (2m per success)
Shun the smiling lady (7m)
Second martial arts Excellency (2m per success)
Icy Hand (1m)

Righteous devil style charms
Kiss of the sun concentration (1-3m)
Blossom of inevitable demise technique (3m)

Colleges
The lovers 2
The musician 2
The pillar 1
The gauntlet 1
The peacock 1

Combos
Second martial arts Excellency + Blossom of inevitable demise technique (3m + 2m per success)

Bonus points
Celestial manse 4 = 2
Connections (Bureau of heaven) 1 = 1
Connections (Bureau of Humanity) 1 =1
Savant 2 = 2
Salary 3 =1
Athletics 1 = 2
Performance 3 = 1
Performance 4 = 1
Presence 3 = 1
Presence 4 = 1
Socialize 4 = 1
Craft air 1 = 1
Linguistics 3 = 1
Combos = 2

There we have it 31 characters in 31 days each one from a different system or setting. When I took on this challenge I wasnt sure if I could meet that second goal, I knew I knew a lot of systems, but I wasnt sure how many or which ones I was really interested enough in to do some good characters. Im not happy with all of the characters as some have writing flaws or need more detail but for most of them I only had about 2 hours real time to work on them. There are also a few systems Ill likely never touch again but overall I had fun with this

If anything I hope that Ive given you all some good character reading and most of all if Ive inspired anyone to look at some of the amazing TTRPG settings and systems that are out there then I did what I set out to do.