[Interest] Dead Cells Inspired D&D 4e game

ice9004

Hey everyone. I've been interested in running a dead cells game where the players are just heads and need to use bodies from other creatures to keep going. Also when a character changes bodies they will roll on a table for new class powers. Not sure how it will work mechanically yet but Willing to hear ideas about it.

Randomizing class powers feels very imbalanced, escpecially when done long term.

How about being able to switch between bodies, which have their own character classes and changing them results in balanced characters, and giving the players high versatility?

Well I like the idea the but switching between bodies anytime seems a little... narratively difficult to explain.

to expand on what I was think the PCs would roll for one of the at-will powers but the others would stay the same.

Example: the fighter's body dies with Cleave and Tide of Iron as at-will powers.

when they get a new body, they roll on the fighter power table for a new at-will replacing either of their current ones

I Like your idea the more I think about it but still need some help seeing it from a narrative perspective