Edit History

Wyck.jpg.431ecbcc7a5921b763257074336757be.jpgWyckmere Mirth

The gnome's admission of ignorance garnered some response from Wyck, but only unspoken ones. He nodded and tilted his head, his eyes dancing to distance points as he tried to think while also listen. Her confusion was his confusion even if he didn't mirror the same sentiments about what it might mean for her existence here.

The soldier's theory held some water, but it also felt silly to admit it. Wyck had known what true loneliness felt like and he didn't care to linger on it. It was easier to dismiss the whole notion as being something else than it was to try and compare his feelings today to how he felt back then. He wasn't sure he remembered it all correctly. He nodded along as Roland finished and was grateful when Yopine carried the conversation elsewhere, as it gave him a chance to empty his bowl.

Her confession held weight, but only in that Wyck knew she needed to say it aloud. If he was meant to condemn her for her actions, he didn't know how to tell her that he didn't have it in him. For a second he thought to feign rebuttal and offer her a poignant social sentencing, simply because apathy felt far harsher. But he couldn't. It wasn't his place to condemn. It wasn't his place to give her reprieve. In the end he simply offered her the best shrug he could build and something that resembled an engaging smile.

"I haven't pieced together what it is that is important about you guys yet either. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you're all wonderfully interesting and should each feel some powerful urge to be better versions of you but whatever has brought D'Artegenon and I here, it rarely has anything to do with an individual or even a group of individuals, that I can promise you." His hand swept across the camp at the others, a peaceful inclusion to everyone around in his long-winded run-on sentence. "I just usually have a good guess on what it is by now. It's usually easier to see. Feel. Sometimes it's already happened and we're there to catch some small part of it's ending."

Something in his composure settled and he blinked away the cloudiness of his unintended mystique. "Sorry. It's just that we're here to witness something. And no, me telling you doesn't change the cosmos and keep it from happening. It doesn't work that way. But we don't really bother telling most people because usually there are no people, or it's such a short visit that we don't meet anyone worth telling."

He paused for a moment, but something in his body language suggested he wasn't looking for anyone to interrupt. "But we've with been with you all for soooo long, and nothing! It's weird. I think D'Artegenon can feel it too. Now we've got them with us, and I don't know if it's because of the something or because we're trying to hurry it up." He didn't need a gesture to tell them whom he referred to, "More people doesn't make it better or faster or easier to read. And if you're a part of it, you can't just leave either. If you can leave, you weren't a part of it anyways."

He paused again and gave them both direct looks that meant to suggest he was being serious, "Now you know why we don't bother telling people."

The gnome's admission of ignorance garnered some response from Wyck, but only unspoken ones. He nodded and tilted his head, his eyes dancing to distance points as he tried to think while also listen. Her confusion was his confusion even if he didn't mirror the same sentiments about what it might mean for her existence here.

The soldier's theory held some water, but it also felt silly to admit it. Wyck had known what true loneliness felt like and he didn't care to linger on it. It was easier to dismiss the whole notion as being something else than it was to try and compare his feelings today to how he felt back then. He wasn't sure he remembered it all correctly. He nodded along as Roland finished and was grateful when Yopine carried the conversation elsewhere, as it gave him a chance to empty his bowl.

Her confession held weight, but only in that Wyck knew she needed to say it aloud. If he was meant to condemn her for her actions, he didn't know how to tell her that he didn't have it in him. For a second he thought to feign rebuttal and offer her a poignant social sentencing, simply because apathy felt far harsher. But he couldn't. It wasn't his place to condemn. It wasn't his place to give her reprieve. In the end he simply offered her the best shrug he could build and something that resembled an engaging smile.

"I haven't pieced together what it is that is important about you guys yet either. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you're all wonderfully interesting and should each feel some powerful urge to be better versions of you but whatever has brought D'Artegenon and I here, it rarely has anything to do with an individual or even a group of individuals, that I can't promise you." His hand swept across the camp at the others, a peaceful inclusion to everyone around in his long-winded run-on sentence. "I just usually have a good guess on what it is by now. It's usually easier to see. Feel. Sometimes it's already happened and we're there to catch some small part of it's ending."

Something in his composure settled and he blinked away the cloudiness of his unintended mystique. "Sorry. It's just that we're here to witness something. And no, me telling you doesn't change the cosmos and keep it from happening. It doesn't work that way. But we don't really bother telling most people because usually there are no people, or it's such a short visit that we don't meet anyone worth telling."

He paused for a moment, but something in his body language suggested he wasn't looking for anyone to interrupt. "But we've with been with you all for soooo long, and nothing! It's weird. I think D'Artegenon can feel it too. Now we've got them with us, and I don't know if it's because of the something or because we're trying to hurry it up." He didn't need a gesture to tell them whom he referred to, "More people doesn't make it better or faster or easier to read. And if you're a part of it, you can't just leave either. If you can leave, you weren't a part of it anyways."

He paused again and gave them both direct looks that meant to suggest he was being serious, "Now you know why we don't bother telling people."

"I haven't pieced together what it is that is important about you guys yet either. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you're all wonderfully interesting and should each feel some powerful urge to be better versions of you but whatever has brought D'Artegenon and I here, it rarely has anything to do with an individual or even a group of individuals, that I can't promise you." His hand swept across the camp at the others, a peaceful inclusion to everyone around in his long-winded run-on sentence. "I just usually have a good guess on what it is by now. It's usually easier to see. Feel. Sometimes it's already happened and we're there to catch some small part of it's ending."

He paused for a moment, but something in his body language suggested he wasn't looking for anyone to interrupt. "But we've with been you all for soooo long, and nothing! It's weird. I think D'Artegenon can feel it too. Now we've got them with us, and I don't know if it's because of the something or because we're trying to hurry it up." He didn't need a gesture to tell them whom he referred to, "More people doesn't make it better or faster or easier to read. And if you're a part of it, you can't just leave either. If you can leave, you weren't a part of it anyways."