Finn, Half-Sea Elf Rogue

Finn, Rogue, Swashbuckler
Young adult 5'11 Male Half-Sea Elf Rogue, CG
move 30' / swim 30' | Inheiritor,
stats.. STR 14, DEX 16, CON 11, INT 15, WIS 12, CHA 16 | ..saves.. Dex +6, INT +5 | prof.. +3
Skills: Perception +7, Acrobatics +6, History +5, Stealth +9, Persuasion +6, Survival +4
Actions: Stabbing Spear +1 (+6, 1d6+3) | Dagger / Bottle (+6, 1d4+3, 20/60) | Unarmed (+5, 3)
Lang: Chondathan, Aquan, Elvish, Common, Thieves' Cant
Feats / BenefitsBuild
bonus feat: Observant: WIS +1
Half-Sea Elf.
Swim 30'
Child of the Sea

Level benefits
Fighting Style - Expertise (Stealth, Perception)
- Sneak Attack -extra 1d6 damage w/ advantage
Cunning Action - Take Dash, Disengage, or Hide action as a bonus action.
Steady Aim - Advantage on next attack roll as bonus action. , Archetype (Swashbuckler) -

Feat - Dual Wield
You master fighting with two weapons, gaining the following benefits: - You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand. - You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one-handed melee weapons you are wielding aren't light. - You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.

Uncanny Dodge - When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.

A 5’11’ lean well defined half elf with a deep contemplative stare.  He usually keeps his long platinum hair in a loose ponytail falling just below his shoulder.  He is well toned and lithe and moves with the grace common among the sea elves and in a certain light and in water his skin has a subdued greenish-blue tint, common among Sea-elves.  He wears simple clothing, usually of a material that easily beads water and is easily removable. In a cross style back sheath, he wears a twin pair of short assegai-style spears, traditional of the Seahaven royal family. He is seldom without a slight smile and a knowing wink.

OOC...Actions

main hand:
off hand: --

Actions -

ooc:

Background

In the realm of the sea, where royalty and adventure intertwine, Finn's story begins. He was born into a unique lineage, the son of sea elf royalty and a courageous sailor in the Baldurain navy. However, their love was not fully embraced by their families, who rejected the idea of a crossbreed child. Undeterred by her family's disapproval, Finn's mother, Taleani, chose love over tradition and left the sea to be with her husband. Their life together was far from easy but filled with simplicity and an abundance of love.

Tragedy struck when news of a great naval battle reached Finn's family, carrying with it the devastating tidings of his father's demise, lost to the depths of a watery grave. Bereft of her husband's protective presence, Finn's mother found life unbearable. With heavy hearts, they packed their meager belongings and returned to the depths of the Sea of Swords, where heritage and destiny awaited them. Though their arrival was met with hesitant acceptance by the Galashantar royal family, Finn's half-brother, Detaan, remained cold and distant.

Raised as a sea elf, Finn's upbringing came with its own set of challenges. The most notable was his inability to breathe underwater, a trait that made him the target of relentless bullying from his peers. However, fate intervened when Finn was bestowed with a magical ring, forgotten for centuries in the royal vault. Overcoming this hurdle, Finn flourished under the guidance of his grandfather and the esteemed King's court, earning the trust and respect of the royal family. But Finn possessed a curious spirit, forever drawn to the castle's hidden secrets. He would stealthily navigate the shadows, uncovering forgotten doors and passages.

One fateful evening, he stumbled upon a conversation between a sahuagin and an elf, their voices filled with sinister intentions. Though he couldn't comprehend all the details, the words "attack," "royal family," and "power" sent shivers down Finn's spine. Without hesitation, Finn rushed to his mother, finding her in the grand hall alongside the King and Queen. Bursting into the room, he desperately tried to convey what he had overheard. Initially met with skepticism, Finn's words were abruptly cut short as a spear pierced the King's chest.

Chaos erupted as sahuagin invaders flooded the room, overwhelming the royal guards and claiming the lives of the monarchs. With valiant effort, Finn fought back, but ultimately succumbed to the enemy's strength. As he was held captive, Finn's half-uncle stormed into the room, engaging in a conversation with the sahuagin commander. It was then that Finn recognized the familiar voice—none other than his uncle's.

In a surge of bravery, Finn unleashed a swift kick, catching the guards off guard. Seizing the opportunity, he snatched the royal seal from around the King's neck and made a daring escape into the depths of the coral jungle surrounding the Castle.

The treacherous Detaan wasted no time in spreading a false narrative, offering a hefty reward for Finn's capture. Blaming his half-nephew for orchestrating the attack, Detaan cunningly declared himself Regent, casting aside the law that required the royal seal for a legitimate claim to the throne. The Galashantar family's empire fell under his oppressive rule, and Finn became a hunted fugitive, fighting to reclaim his rightful place and expose the truth that lay hidden beneath the waves.

Gear

Gear - mundane

weapons belt, pouch, Royal seal medallion, sharkskin boots, dagger

magic item - *attuned (0)

• +1 Assegai (Short Spears) x2 (uncommon)
  • Mariners Leather +2

Story

Finn glided effortlessly from the water onto the dock, a move that would have left onlookers in awe had there been any around. With a swift motion, he drew his twin short spears from their back-scabbard and readjusting his gear after the arduous swim to the Slaver's pier. Taking a moment to catch his breath, he reflected on his mission once again. A band of marauding Orcs had pillaged a nearby village, looting its treasures and capturing a young half-elven maiden. Finn cared little for the stolen gold, but the fate of the maiden was a different matter entirely.

As he stealthily crept along the seawall, Finn's senses suddenly detected a familiar scent, one that belonged to only one creature in all Faerun—Sahuagin. Lowering himself to a vantage point at a window, he observed several Orcs adorned with the red wave insignia of the village raiders bowing before the fattest and most opulent Sahuagin he had ever laid eyes on. The chaotic sounds from the main room should mask his entry.

Scanning the spacious chamber, Finn spotted through a barely open door the terrified half-elf bound and gagged nearby, her eyes wide with fear as Orcs passed by, emitting menacing growls. Finn's lip curled in a snarl as he silently circled the building, gradually making his way towards the frightened elf.  Gliding through the rooms window he leaned in close and whispered,

"Shhh... I am a friend. You must remain quiet, or we may both become guests in this less than hospitable establishment. Do you understand?"

The young half-elf nodded; her eyes rimmed with red from her ordeal. Swiftly unsheathing a dagger from his boot, Finn skillfully sliced through the ropes binding her feet and hands, removing the gag from her mouth. The captive's eyes widened in terror as she let out a piercing scream, "Behind you!" Reacting swiftly, Finn somersaulted to the side, his spears ready to counter. The notched Halberd crashed through the space he had occupied just moments before. Motioning for the elf to take cover behind him, Finn faced his attacker—a towering Orc with a twisted grin, relishing the prospect of a new playmate. "Yu take Leder’s gurl. Bif take yur head! Leder give Bif bigger rank!" the Orc bellowed, almost gleefully. Finn couldn't help but grin. The Orc seemed eager to capture him alone, playing right into Finn's plan. "Fine!" Finn retorted, dropping his arms to his side. "I surrender." Bewildered by the lack of resistance, the Orc shrugged and advanced towards Finn, only to lose a hand to the swiftly swirling blades of Finn's attack. The first blade deftly sliced through the Orc's hand, rendering the massive halberd useless. As the blade continued its sweeping arc, it cleanly separated the Orc's head, leaving a look of puzzlement frozen on its face. Letting the lifeless body fall, Finn gestured for the elf to hurry towards the window. After confirming that no one was in pursuit, he slipped through the opening onto the seawall, making his way with the girl towards the small boat that had brought Finn to the Pirates' den. The journey back to the village was mostly silent, until the shore finally came into view over the crest of the last wave. Breaking the silence, the maiden asked, "Who are you?" Finn turned from his position at the small sail, grinning broadly at the young half-elf. "That, my lady, is a long story. Would you prefer the shortened version?"

The maiden nodded shyly; her interest piqued. "I am called Finn. I wander along the Sword Coast, taking on various jobs and assignments. I stumbled upon your village by chance, and when I heard of the attack, I hoped that my skills with spear and stealth would be of use. So, for a modest fee, I offered to secure your freedom."

"You're a privateer?" she exclaimed, a hint of disgust in her voice. With a graceful bow, Finn's shirt shifted, revealing a greenish-blue medallion that caught the sunlight and shimmered. "I recognize this symbol. It's from the court of Seahaven, home of the Sea Elves. It's the royal family's crest," the maiden exclaimed, her eyes filled with excitement. "You're a half-elf like me, a half-Sea Elf. That's why your skin has that bluish-green hue... But if you possess the crest of the royal family..." The young maiden struggled to piece together the clues before her, prompting Finn to gently place a finger on her lips. "This crest belongs to a life, long past, maiden. I am a different person now. I ask that you keep the crest a secret—a wish from the one who rescued you from certain harm. Can I trust you with that, little one?"

The maiden frowned slightly, as if a snatched cookie had to be replaced. "Yes, you have my word. I won't breathe a word about the crest."

"Thank you," Finn replied as he guided the boat towards the shore. "Since the reward of your safe return is greater than my original fee, I won't seek any further payment. Have a safe journey, young one." With those words, Finn pushed the small boat back into the surf, where it quickly caught a breeze and sailed away towards the horizon.

MISC

Build

bonus feat: Observant: WIS +1

Half-Sea Elf.

Swim 30'

Stats

STR 14, DEX 15, CON 11, INT 14, WIS 11, CHA 14
Rolled 1st (13,9,14,14,12,16) 2nd (14,14,14,11,11,15)
Half Sea Elf. CHA+2, STR, INT +1
Observent WIS +1

Background - Inheritor

Skills: Survival, History
Tools: Flute
Languages: Aquan
Equipment: two daggers, Leather Armor, Thieves' tools, Explorer's pack, set of traveler's clothes and a pouch containing 15gp

Rogue - Rogue/Swashbuckler 5

ArmorLight Armor
WeaponsCrossbow, Hand, Longsword, Rapier, Short sword, Simple Weapons
ToolsFlute, Thieves' Tools
Saving ThrowsDexterity, Intelligence
SkillsAcrobatics, Perception, Persuasion, Stealth

Level benefits

1. Fighting Style - Expertise (Stealth, Perception)
    - Sneak Attack -extra 1d6 damage w/ advantage
  2. Cunning Action - Take Dash, Disengage, or Hide action as a bonus action.
  3. Steady Aim - Advantage on next attack roll as bonus action. , Archetype (Swashbuckler) -

Fancy Footwork

You learn how to land a strike and then slip away without reprisal. During your turn, if you make a melee attack against a creature, that creature can’t make opportunity attacks against you for the rest of your turn.

Rakish Audacity

your confidence propels you into battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Charisma modifier.

You also gain an additional way to use your Sneak Attack; you don’t need advantage on the attack roll to use your Sneak Attack against a creature if you are within 5 feet of it, no other creatures are within 5 feet of you, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. All the other rules for Sneak Attack still apply to you.

4. Feat - Dual Wield

You master fighting with two weapons, gaining the following benefits: - You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand. - You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one-handed melee weapons you are wielding aren't light. - You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.

5. Uncanny Dodge - When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.
  6. Expertise -Thieves Tools, Persuasion
  7. Evasion
  8. ---------------------------------

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)

Damn you! You are like meth to me.

::sigh:: Doesn't look like I'm making it this time...

Name
roll
repeat(keep(reroll(4d6,1,below,0),highest,3),6) 3,5,5,3,3,2,4,3,2,2,5,5,4,3,6,4,4,4,1,6,6,3,3,2,1,3,6,5,5,3
2nd try
repeat(reroll(drop(4d6,lowest,0),1,below,0),6) 1,1,2,6,6,1,3,5,6,1,1,2,3,6,1,1,3,6,5,3,3,6,6,1,1,3,6,2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 4:33 AM, JagrHunter said:

magic item - wishlist, *attuned (0)

• +1 Assegai (Short Spears) x2 (uncommon)
  • some sort of underwater breathing device (Ring maybe)
  • Mariners Leather +2

Sea Elf - Child of the Sea - Swim 30' can breathe air and underwater

DM Bonus item

• Orb of Time

Source: Xanathar's Guide to Everything

Wondrous item, common

While holding this orb, you can use an action to determine whether it is morning, afternoon, evening, or nighttime outside. This property functions only on the Material Plane.

• 2 weeks later...
image.png.f30a5bef2e2c14238ce00eb9e5c94373.pngFinn, Rogue, Swashbuckler (6th)
Young adult 5'11 Male Half-Sea Elf Rogue, CG
move 30' / swim 30' | Inheiritor,
stats.. STR 14, DEX 16, CON 11, INT 15, WIS 12, CHA 16 | ..saves.. Dex +6, INT +5 | prof.. +3
Skills: Perception +7, Acrobatics +6, History +5, Stealth +9, Persuasion +9, Survival +4
Actions: Stabbing Spear +1 (+6, 1d6+3/1d6+1) | Dagger / Bottle (+6, 1d4+3, 1d4+1, 20/60) | Unarmed (+5, 3)
Lang: Chondathan, Aquan, Elvish, Common, Thieves' Cant
Feats / Benefits

"I merely want to gather my gear taken by the Inn. I will then be on my way and never darken this port again." added Finn, his hands still raised.

OOC...Actions

main hand:
off hand:

Actions -

ooc: Finn will move to the cellar unless stopped. He will challenge the Half-orc if he sees him leaving with a lot of gear.