Edit History

Ultima

Ultima

5 hours ago, ice9004 said:

Hello!

So I was thinking and I have a few few questions:

• What kind of nephilim are you asking about?
    • A Judeo-Christian nephilim is actually more of a tieflings, but some media see it as a angle/demon hybrid.
  • Is the character any sort of evil?
    • I forgot to put it in character creation but I'm looking for non-evil characters.
  • What is this character's goal?
    • If you don't want to say here feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your time!

So yes, I'm more familiar with the version in which a nephilim is the child an angel and a mortal. I am a bit familiar with what you mean, though. I think it's because you started seeing it as a premise in some video games, most notoriously the Darksiders series in which the nephilim were a race of angel/demon hybrids and were a multiplanar threat comparable to saiyajins and viltrumites. Another game that does that is Diablo. I'd already been considering the former version due to Christianity being canon in the series. That level of power ruins the setting since it's usually mortals accompanied by the occasional dhampir/vampire with a heart of gold persevering against and managing at times to defeat outsiders that are above their paygrade with Dracula standing as a boundary of power between extraplanar outsiders and mortals.

I had sorta already thought about such a character while playing WotR in which you can play as the Knight Commander of a crusade in which the aforementioned character begins to gradually transform into an angel or several other mythic beings. My character in particular was an angel oracle purifier. Considering the game is based on a from what I can tell a popular adventure path, I'm guessing you're probably already familiar with it? I'm not petitioning for anything so grandiose as mythic levels, but some of the abilities that the angel Knight Commander expressed throughout the game prior to becoming a full-blown celestial being, coupled with the power of divine spellcasting and martial prowess of the oracle purifier could be a cool powerset for a nephilm within the Castlevania verse!

Nope, not evil! Absurdly ambitious, but far from wanting to cause mayhem and destruction, slaughter the innocent, or anything like that. He wants to and believes he's serving the greater good for humanity. He has more in common with characters like Prometheus, Gilgamesh, or Tony Stark. I was thinking Chaotic neutral-good alignment. I'll DM you about his motivations and goals!

Ultima

Ultima

5 hours ago, ice9004 said:

Hello!

• A Judeo-Christian nephilim is actually more of a tieflings, but some media see it as a angle/demon hybrid.
    • I forgot to put it in character creation but I'm looking for non-evil characters.

Thanks for your time!

So yes, I'm more familiar with the version in which a nephilim is the child an angel and a mortal. I am a bit familiar with what you mean, though. I think it's because you started seeing it as a premise in some video games, most notoriously the Darksiders series in which the nephilim were a race of angel/demon hybrids and were a multiplanar threat comparable to saiyajins and viltrumites. Another game that does that is Diablo. I'd already been considering the former version due to Christianity being canon in the series. That level of power ruins the setting since it's usually mortals accompanied by the occasional dhampir/vampire with a heart of gold persevering against and managing at times to defeat outsiders that are above their paygrade with Dracula standing as a boundary of power between extraplanar outsiders and mortals.

I had sorta already thought about such a character while playing WotR in which you can play as the Knight Commander of a crusade in which the aforementioned character begins to gradually transform into an angel or several other mythic beings. My character in particular was an angel oracle purifier. Considering the game is based on a from what I can tell a popular adventure path, I'm guessing you're probably already familiar with it? I'm not petitioning for anything so grandiose as mythic levels, but some of the abilities that the angel Knight Commander expressed throughout the game prior to becoming a full-blown celestial being, coupled with the power of divine spellcasting of the Oracle could be a cool powerset for a nephilm within the Castlevania verse!

Nope, not evil! Absurdly ambitious, but far from wanting to cause mayhem and destruction, slaughter the innocent, or anything like that. He wants to and believes he's serving the greater good for humanity. He has more in common with characters like Prometheus, Gilgamesh, or Tony Stark. I was thinking Chaotic neutral-good alignment. I'll DM you about his motivations and goals!

Ultima

Ultima

4 hours ago, ice9004 said:

Hello!

Thanks for your time!

I had sorta already thought about such a character while playing WotR in which you can play as the Knight Commander of a crusade in which the aforementioned character begins to gradually transform into an angel. My character in particular was an angel oracle purifier. Considering the game is based on a from what I can tell a popular adventure path, I'm guessing you're probably already familiar with it? I'm not petitioning for anything so grandiose as mythic levels, but some of the abilities that the angel Knight Commander expressed throughout the game prior to becoming a full-blown celestial being, coupled with the power of divine spellcasting of the Oracle could be a cool powerset for a nephilm within the Castlevania verse!