Tedd Addams, Son of Odin

Tedd Addams

Odin’s Messenger Boy

Concept: Scion of Odin, fostered to the Morrigan

Paths:

Origin: Thrown to the Crows (Survival, Subterfuge, Athletics) Primary

Role: Spear-Shaker or Shakespeare? (Culture, Persuasion, Close Combat) Secondary

Pantheon: Herald-in-Training (Close Combat, Occult, Pilot) Tertiary

Calling:

Liminal •• (Traveler, Messenger)

Trickster •• (Cunning, Devil’s Advocate)

Sage • (Pupil)

Knacks:

Liminal: Experienced Traveler, Flatlander

Trickster: Smoke and Mirrors, Takes One to Know One

Sage: Omniglot Translation

Deeds:

Short-Term: Perform duties as messenger

Long-Term: Get Odin’s attention

Band: TBD

Attributes

Physical Mental Social
Force

Might

○○○○

Intellect

•••○○

Presence

••○○○

Finesse

Dexterity

••••

Cunning

•••••

Manipulation

••••

Resilience

Stamina

••○○○

Resolve

•••○○

Composure

•••○○

Skills

Academic

○○○○○

Athletics

•••○○

Culture

••○○○

Close Combat

•••○○

Empathy

○○○○○

Firearms

○○○○○

Integrity

○○○○○

Leadership

○○○○○

Medicine

○○○○○

Occult

○○○○

Persuasion

••○○○

Pilot

○○○○ 

Science

○○○○○

Subterfuge

•••○○

Survival

•••○○

Technology

○○○○○

Birthrights:

•••Guide: Crow of the MorriganThe Phantom Queen’s favored birds open the Scion’s eyes to signs and portents, whether he asked for them or not. They like to hang around looking mysterious wherever he goes, speaking dire warnings that only make sense when battle begins.

Asset Skills: Pilot, Subterfuge

Guide Stunt(1-5 successes): Gainan Enhancement equal to successes spent on your necktie initiative roll in the current session.

Purviews: Fortune

••Relic: iGjellar

••Relic: Ravenwing Dagger

Purviews:

Wyrd (Innate), Journeys (Innate), Fortune, Epic Dexterity

Edited by Psyconure (see edit history)

“Tedd Addams, two D’s. I should be on the list.” I told the bouncer. With the favors I had to do, I better be on the list. But there was no way I was going to miss this concert. Nidavellir hadn’t played in Midgard since before I was born. According to Aunt Morgan, they were better than The Rolling Stones. But then again, she was an Elvis Presley fan, so I’d have to judge for myself.

The bouncer looked over his clipboard. “Two D’s in Ted, or Adams?” “Yes.” At the bouncer’s blank look, I clarified. “Both.” Another look at the clipboard and I was met with a blank stare. “Not on the list. Maybe next time.” Conchobar was worthless. And it had taken me over two weeks to find a real unicorn horn. If I had known he couldn’t keep his end of the deal I would’ve just given him a narwhal tusk.

With an exasperated sigh, I walked away from the bouncer and lit a cigarette. Turning the corner I heard a familiar cackle. The familiar black shape of a crow was sitting on the bottom rung of a fire escape, laughing at me. To be fair, he had warned me that Conchobar would flake. Didn’t mean he had to laugh at me from the fire escape. From the fire escape…

I might have a chance to see this concert after all.

History

Born to Abigail Addams, who had married a man going by Ben Addams when she had gotten pregnant, right before Ben shipped out for the army. Unbeknownst to Abigail, Ben Addams was Odin Allfather, chief of the Aesir. Addams was a clever nod to Wednesday Addams, a joke Tedd wouldn’t get until after his visitation. Odin hadn’t intended to marry her, and hadn’t intended to get her pregnant, but once she was, he felt it was the polite thing to do. After shipping off, it was easy enough to arrange “Ben Addams”’s death and a military funeral. Everything would have been just fine, except Abigail died of cancer six years later. Tedd wound up in foster care, bouncing around for several years until landing with Morgan Crow, a stern old woman that insisted Tedd call her Macha. When Tedd asked why, her cryptic reply was, “It means Grandma in Russian if you spell it wrong. Of course, I’m nae Russian, am I lad?” Being a god herself, the Celtic Morrigan(or at least an aspect of her, triple goddesses are complicated), she knew what Tedd was…just not WHO (or more specifically, WHOSE) he was. She kept Tedd mostly out of trouble and refused to let him slip back into the system and disappear, and taught him what she could of the Tuatha’s ways, including a rather rigorous physical regimen that Tedd patently couldn’t keep up with, and an appreciation for the Gaelic sport of Hurling, especially the part where it was meant to train for battle when the Irish weren’t allowed to carry weapons around back in the day. The coordination required gave Tedd the muscles required to wield a sword, even if he didn’t know it. Between that and his job as a bike messenger, Tedd kept in good shape. As the years went on, the weirder aspects of Macha’s lifestyle became normal to Tedd, to the point that crows constantly surrounding the house wasn’t seen as odd, and the strange people that visited were no longer remarkable. Of course, it wasn’t people that dropped the bombshell on Tedd, but the crows, or rather, ravens.

Visitation

It wasn’t odd for crows to be around the house. Macha fed them, talked to them, and generally took care of them. They mostly left Tedd alone, though a few did follow him around every now and then, and one with white markings on its wings would regularly race Tedd as he rode his bike, keeping pace before zooming off with a caw that sounded vaguely like laughter.

But it was a surprise when, shortly after his eighteenth birthday, Tedd came outside to find two ravens, much larger than the crows he was accustomed to seeing, perched on his bike. The bigger surprise came when the one on the handlebars looked Tedd up and down and said, “We need to talk.” To Tedd’s credit, he did not freak out…too much. He swallowed, turned around, walked back inside, and told Macha there was something she needed to see. Macha at least, was not surprised. She looked at the birds, who looked right back at her, and told them, “Yer two days late. I was startin’ tae worry I’d have tae deal wit one a dem Roman bastards. Well, go on then…tell me lad here who his Da is, I’ve been tryin’ to suss it out fer years.” The raven shifted from foot to foot, somehow looking chagrined, before saying, “Sorry, Lady Morrigan, we were trying to be circumspicious.” “Circumspect. Look like an idiot when you make up words.”, the other bird corrected. The first continued, “The boy’s sire is Lord Odin the Allfather, who is rather busy…being Lord Odin the Allfather. He does thank you Lady Morrigan for…let me get this verboten,” “Verbatim…” “Ahem. Protecting his asset until maturity. A suitable weregild shall be presented upon delivery.” The Morrigan stared at the bird for a second, then spit on the ground. “He knows better than tae tell me what tae do. He can keep the gelt and the guilt. The lad can make his own choices. If the Allfather’s too busy to track down his son, that’s his choice. You lot’r a few days late. Old One Eye is years too late, if ye ask me. But go on, then, give ‘em ‘is quest, let’s be on with it.” “Quest?”, Tedd asked nervously. “What quest? What’s going on? Did you say my father is Odin? Like, father of Thor, king of Asgard, Odin? How does this make any sense?” And so, it was explained to Tedd how the world really worked, and a few things came together for him, and the world looked a bit bigger, a lot more confusing, and even more dangerous, but Tedd at least knew his place in it now, sort of. The ravens, who introduced themselves as Munin (the spokesman on the handlebars) and Huginn(the erudite grammar nazi on the bike seat) did indeed have a quest for Tedd, to retrieve an item from a vault in Muspelheim. When Tedd asked what item, Huginn replied cryptically, “That’s up to you.” When Tedd asked how he was supposed to get there, Munin hopped off of the bike and onto Tedd’s shoulder, before tapping his beak against Tedd’s temple. The memory of the map and route transferred, Munin hopped back to the handlebars and started preening himself, plucking a feather and throwing it to the ground. When it hit the ground, the feather transformed into a large black-bladed dagger, too big to be a knife but not quite long enough to call a sword. “To aid you in your quest.”, said Huginn.

Edited by Psyconure (see edit history)