Edit History

codexgigas

codexgigas

Amdiran, Son of Amdirgir Dunédain Warden (Counselor) 4
spacer.png

AC: 15/17 | HP: 27/27 | HD: 4/4d8 | Initiative: +4 | Passive Perception: 17 | Warden's Gift: 3/3 | Discourse 1/1 | Foresight: 1/1
Shadow Points: 3 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Hallas tells Amdiran nothing that the Ranger did not already fear. "A madness took me, but it is passed," he tells the captain. "I do not wish to use the tablet further. I will take more care to ensure that my companions and I are not caught off guard by servants of the Enemy again."

The journey back to Bree is pleasant, a welcome change from the Ranger's wanderings during Yuletide. Amdiran walks at an easy pace, enjoying the signs of new growth around him. Still, he remains watchful. He has been touched by the Shadow from his experiences in Midgewater, and he wonders if he will ever feel free and at peace again. He keeps a wary eye out on his journey for anything that might be Gorlanc's spy.

Before he heads to the Schoolhouse, Amdiran takes a moment to ask questions to a few of the Bree-men. He wants to understand how the mood is in Bree now that winter is past, as well as anything they might say about the Schoolmistress. She is not someone Amdiran has had many dealings with before.

"Well met," the Ranger says in return to the Schoolmistress' greeting. "I am called Fletcher. I am afraid I come bearing ill tidings. My companions and I found this tablet last year in the Barrow Downs." He pauses to remove the tablet from his pack and place it on a desk for her inspection. "It... called to me a few months back in Midgewater, and shades of Men came in response to my call. I mislike it, but dare not discard it by the wayside. My people advised me to seek you out and to hear your wisdom as to this sorcerous thing."

Tabletop

Amdiran will use his Ever Watchful ability before going to the Schoolhouse.

• Wardens make a point of keeping up with the latest news, both local and from afar, as well as making an effort to know the wise and the powerful. If you can freely wander about an area talking with locals and passing travelers for a few hours, you can make a DC 12 Intelligence (Investigation) check with advantage. Success indicates that you hear all the latest useful rumors, including news of trouble. Failure means you hear all the latest rumors and news, but cannot discern the true from the false. On a success, you can also glean the names, whereabouts, and general appearances of all local influential individuals, households, and factions, as well as well as what livery, colors, and heraldry they typically bear, if any.

codexgigas

codexgigas

Amdiran, Son of Amdirgir Dunédain Warden (Counselor) 4
spacer.png

AC: 15/17 | HP: 27/27 | HD: 4/4d8 | Initiative: +4 | Passive Perception: 17 | Warden's Gift: 3/3 | Discourse 1/1 | Foresight: 1/1
Shadow Points: 3 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Hallas tells Amdiran nothing that the Ranger did not already fear. "A madness took me, but it is passed," he tells the captain. "I do not wish to use the tablet further. I will take more care to ensure that my companions and I are not caught off guard by servants of the Enemy again."

The journey back to Bree is pleasant, a welcome change from the Ranger's wanderings during Yuletide. Amdiran walks at an easy pace, enjoying the signs of new growth around him. Still, he remains watchful. He has been touched by the Shadow from his experiences in Midgewater, and he wonders if he will ever feel free and at peace again. He keeps a wary eye out on his journey for anything that might be Gorlanc's spy.

Before he heads to the Schoolhouse, Amdiran takes a moment to ask questions to a few of the Bree-men. He wants to understand how the mood is in Bree now that winter is past, as well as anything they might say about the Schoolmistress. She is not someone Amdiran has had many dealings with before.

"Well met," the Ranger says in return to the Schoolmistress' greeting. "I am called Fletcher. I am afraid I come bearing ill tidings. My companions and I found this tablet last year in the Barrow Downs." He pauses to remove the tablet from his pack and place it on a desk for her inspection. "It... called to me a few months back in Midgewater, and shades of Men came in response to my call. I mislike it, but dare not discard it by the wayside. My people advised me to seek you out and to hear your wisdom as to this sorcerous thing."

Tabletop

Amdiran will use his Ever Watchful ability before going to the Schoolhouse.

• Wardens make a point of keeping up with the latest news, both local and from afar, as well as making an effort to know the wise and the powerful. If you can freely wander about an area talking with locals and passing travelers for a few hours, you can make a DC 12 Intelligence (Investigation) check with advantage. Success indicates that you hear all the latest useful rumors, including news of trouble. Failure means you hear all the latest rumors and news, but cannot discern the true from the false. On a success, you can also glean the names, whereabouts, and general appearances of all local influential individuals, households, and factions, as well as well as what livery, colors, and heraldry they typically bear, if any.