Edit History

codexgigas

codexgigas

Amdiran, Son of Amdirgir Dunédain Warden (Counselor) 4
spacer.png

AC: 15/17 | HP: 27/27 | HD: 4/4d8 | Initiative: +4 | Passive Perception: 17 | Warden's Gift: 3/3 | Discourse 0/1 | Foresight: 1/1
Shadow Points: 3 | DM Inspiration: 0/1

What does Amdiran want from Anna? He hasn't actually given sufficient thought to this question. Hallas' advice compelled him to this point. He knows he is beyond his depth with the tablet. Hearing the Schoolmistress confirm his worst fears makes his blood run cold. This is the weakness of my people, he thinks. We are too proud. I have meddled where I should not have, believing myself capable to a task that is beyond me. This is what caused the fall of Numenor of old. Our overweening pride caused Arnor to splinter and each of the successor kingdoms to fall. Have I doomed us?

For a long time, he does not meet Anna's eyes. When he finally does, shame makes his tongue clumsy. He hesitates to speak, and when he does, his words lack their usual conviction. "It was made in our lifetimes? But the shades it called forth were ancient," he stammers. "Will you take it? I do not trust myself with it. It called to me, and I proved myself all too susceptible to its lure. There is a sorcerer who is moving to cause some foul mischief in Eriador, and I fear I have attracted his attention and his ire. The tablet will be safer with you. You can keep it secret and keep it safe. With your aid, my companions and I can track down the sorcerer who created this and put an end to his evil."

Tabletop

Amdiran fails his persuasion check. If possible, I'd like to use his Discourse ability here, knowing that this means it won't be available in the next adventuring phase. I'll go ahead and roll for it, so we don't have to wait for me to roll if you allow this. Anna gets to make an opposed wisdom saving throw to the discourse check. If she fails, she becomes friendly toward Amdiran.

Alright, I spent Inspiration and called upon Amdiran's Hope ("I give comfort to my allies--it is possible to strike a blow against the Shadow.") to get the Persuasion check up to a 17. I'll leave it you to do decide if this is the straight Persuasion check or the Discourse feature.

codexgigas

codexgigas

spacer.png

AC: 15/17 | HP: 27/27 | HD: 4/4d8 | Initiative: +4 | Passive Perception: 17 | Warden's Gift: 3/3 | Discourse 0/1 | Foresight: 1/1
Shadow Points: 3 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

What does Amdiran want from Anna? He hasn't actually given sufficient thought to this question. Hallas' advice compelled him to this point. He knows he is beyond his depth with the tablet. Hearing the Schoolmistress confirm his worst fears makes his blood run cold. This is the weakness of my people, he thinks. We are too proud. I have meddled where I should not have, believing myself capable to a task that is beyond me. This is what caused the fall of Numenor of old. Our overweening pride caused Arnor to splinter and each of the successor kingdoms to fall. Have I doomed us?

For a long time, he does not meet Anna's eyes. When he finally does, shame makes his tongue clumsy. He hesitates to speak, and when he does, his words lack their usual conviction. "It was made in our lifetimes? But the shades it called forth were ancient," he stammers. "Will you take it? I do not trust myself with it. It called to me, and I proved myself all too susceptible to its lure. There is a sorcerer who is moving to cause some foul mischief in Eriador, and I fear I have attracted his attention and his ire. The tablet will be safer with you. You can keep it secret and keep it safe."

Tabletop

Amdiran fails his persuasion check. If possible, I'd like to use his Discourse ability here, knowing that this means it won't be available in the next adventuring phase. I'll go ahead and roll for it, so we don't have to wait for me to roll if you allow this. Anna gets to make an opposed wisdom saving throw to the discourse check. If she fails, she becomes friendly toward Amdiran.

codexgigas

codexgigas

spacer.png

AC: 15/17 | HP: 27/27 | HD: 4/4d8 | Initiative: +4 | Passive Perception: 17 | Warden's Gift: 3/3 | Discourse 1/1 | Foresight: 1/1

HOLD

Tabletop

codexgigas

codexgigas

spacer.png

AC: 15/17 | HP: 27/27 | HD: 4/4d8 | Initiative: +4 | Passive Perception: 17 | Warden's Gift: 3/3 | Discourse 1/1 | Foresight: 1/1

HOLD

Tabletop

Amdiran will use his Ever Watchful ability before going to the Schoolhouse.

• Wardens make a point of keeping up with the latest news, both local and from afar, as well as making an effort to know the wise and the powerful. If you can freely wander about an area talking with locals and passing travelers for a few hours, you can make a DC 12 Intelligence (Investigation) check with advantage. Success indicates that you hear all the latest useful rumors, including news of trouble. Failure means you hear all the latest rumors and news, but cannot discern the true from the false. On a success, you can also glean the names, whereabouts, and general appearances of all local influential individuals, households, and factions, as well as well as what livery, colors, and heraldry they typically bear, if any.