Edit History

Yamazaki

Yamazaki

I'm undeniably a sucker for isekai. It's my guilty pleasure. It's also the genre I trash a lot because most of it is indeed trash unless the writer is actually trying to do something with the genre (Re:Zero and Mushoku Tensei are prime examples of using the isekai genre to do character growth), but I still enjoy those silly ones quite a bit. Particularly fond of Slime and Skeleton Knight as my guilty pleasures.

Worth noting that isekai tends to be linked up with what is commonly called the 'LitRPG' genre (I'm guessing it's short for Literary RPG? I've only seen the term thrown around as the short hand), aka Video Game Mechanics. This is doubly so for the power fantasy stories, but sometimes they do a bit more than that.

That said, I have been slowly creating my own Isekai Campaign setting... Although I've not found the gumption to actually run anything in the setting yet.

Yamazaki

Yamazaki

I'm undeniably a sucker for isekai. It's my guilty pleasure. It's also the genre I trash a lot because most of it is indeed trash unless the writer is actually trying to do something with the genre (Re:Zero and Mushoku Tensei are prime examples of using the isekai genre to do character growth).

Worth noting that isekai tends to be linked up with what is commonly called the 'LitRPG' genre (I'm guessing it's short for Literary RPG? I've only seen the term thrown around as the short hand), aka Video Game Mechanics. This is doubly so for the power fantasy stories, but sometimes they do a bit more than that.

That said, I have been slowly creating my own Isekai Campaign setting... Although I've not found the gumption to actually run anything in the setting yet.