Amaranthyx, Human Cleric

Chardastes

Hello! I'd like to apply with Amaranthyx, a human cleric. I'm unsure about Sylvan for a language... is it a good pick for this campaign? If not, can you recommend an alternative? Any other feedback/advice? Draft character sheet: Amaranthyx :: Dungeons & Dragons 5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets Thanks for your consideration!

y4mZ3TQRo01Kv9XAzrms4jOr5RslaVN_SNoNPCpHcXLerfu0pk05uM-vwiWm6QhY5tSNnFSP2JLyxAH7kUihDTjZs8OJQeDpTKPIy-Bu2_qd7gV1ISBExs-gN5j5G437UBCwpz-EPF9Zu-E8ELh5K8vTa1fBi8AaAxkPsBFcPFfWZWCVNZYQ89ti0muGMcNkpne?width=417&height=305&cropmode=none

Backstory:

Amaranthyx was born and raised among the village of Woodsedge, a day's walk from Sea Gate, where the forest draws closest to town. She was well-liked by the woodcutters and woodcarvers of the village, but her true joy as a child came from exploring nature and playing in the woods. She was initially apprenticed to her father, a master carver, but found herself drawn more and more to the ministry of Mother Cawl, leaving her father's workshop after a year to focus full-time on religious and natural studies.

Last year Woodsedge came under attack from some previously-unknown enemy. Though it appeared plant-like, it moved far too quickly and was alien to this forest. Twining roots sought to starve the local plants, while whip-fast vines covered in wicked stickers drove back the human defenders. Amaranthyx organized and led the counteroffensive, inspiring the woodcutters and carvers to greater feats of strength with their axes (Bless & Guidance), while channeling divine might through her willowy arms and smashing the seed-pods that seemed to be coordinating the assault (Shillelagh). Through hard work, determination, and coordination, they pushed back the invaders until they turned and fled--none has seen them since. An aspiring bard in the village has named this occasion "The Chorus of Might" and recognized Amaranthyx as a heroine within the song he wrote and performs in the region.

Now, with the village secure and her studies complete, Amaranthyx is eager to continue her exploration even farther afield than the woods that she has always called home. The trip to Sea Gate, farther than she's ever been from home, is a start. And the drink and song of the city is a seductive tempatation. But she yearns to see more of the world, other forests, other wonderful aspects of Talib.

Other Rules:

• What's your experience with D&D 5e?  Are you a new player? I've been playing D&D since the 80s. I used to DM with the Rules Cyclopedia (BECMI OD&D). I started with 5e maybe three and half years ago and have mostly been playing through Myth-weavers.
  • How familiar are you with Zendikar?  Those with no knowledge of the world are more than welcome, and I'll include some world information soon! I skimmed the Plane Shift Sendikar PDF, but that's it. I'm slightly familiar with MtG--I've played and enjoy it, but haven't dived into the lore at all.
  • What posting rate are you comfortable with? 3-4 posts per week is my personal sweet spot. I can generally post up to daily if requested. And I'm happy to alert in advance if I'll need to take a few days away.
  • Include some character art!  MtG has plenty of card art to look at and use! I looked through the 2 decks that I own for an inspiring card and found "Chorus of Might." I tried inserting it above (we'll see how intuitive Baldr is for me... not the first try, maybe the second will work...)
  • OPTIONAL: If you're familiar with Magic: the Gathering, you'll know that different colors of mana are used to summon creatures and cast spells.  What color or colors of mana are tied to your character? Green for sure
Edited by Chardastes (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Level 2 updates:

1d8 additional hit die

hp adding (rolling in the stack) 8 (6 + constitution bonus) added

+1 lv 1 spell slot

+1 prepared spell (to be added at the next long rest)

+ channel divinity (Turn Undead + Charm Animals and Plants)

Edited by Chardastes (see edit history)
Name
Hit points
1d8+2 6