Edit History

VennDygrem

VennDygrem

spacer.pngNivel Syrris HP: 226/255 | AC: 56 (Touch: 44) | CMD: 48 SP: 26/38 | IP: 26/27

If Nivel is satisfied with the effectiveness of his illusion-work, he doesn't show it. The situation is too serious, and besides, he rarely shows emotion in the heat of battle if he can help it. His connection to the Mistsoul requires a focused mind, and that's something he has worked hard to maintain in the most dire circumstances.

<<The portal hasn't yet closed, but it's crackling with residual energy. Given how unstable it is and our resultant trajectories... It could blow up in our faces. If that is the case, I suggest we move away from it while making sure nothing goes through until it collapses!>>

At the chorus of unearthly moans, Nivel stops to consider the implications.

<<Also, not to be a spoil-sport, but there may be more of these creatures than we wish to take on right away. Should we withdraw? I'll leave a little draconic 'friend' for them to play with in the meantime, in my usual style.>>

As Nivel retreats from the portal, he weaves his hands in the air and exerts a measure of will. Suddenly, a huge Black Dragon appears to pop out of the portal, flapping its wings and letting out a reptilian screech.

OOC/Actions

Knowledge: Arcana and/or Spellcraft to discern if my hunch has merit (ie: is the portal likely to explode or otherwise be dangerous): 41 Arcana, 43 Spellcraft

{Standard} Create an illusion [figment] (1 SP) of a Huge Black Dragon and use Phantom Mind (+1 SP) so it can react to stimuli with its own basic intelligence. It will react accordingly to attacks against it, lash out with appropriate AoO's, etc.

With all senses covered, a phantom mind, and all other relevant talents, my illusory dragon is practically indistinguishable from the real thing, except it doesn't deal lethal damage and therefore can't really affect the Zyclopses. I gave the party a warning to know it's not real, just in case. Impawsible Perspective requires creatures that would automatically see through an illusion to make a saving throw to disbelieve as though interacting with it, or else fail to disbelieve.

The figment has AC/Touch AC = 33 (10 - 2 size + 1/2 CL [CL 20/2=10] + Casting Modifier [15])

Illusion save DC 39 (35 base, +4 for Mind-drenching Mists assuming I'm invisible to the zyclops making the save) for interactions.

{Swift} Expend Martial Focus and create another petrifying poison and apply it to ammunition. As before, mindrot makes the save Will based instead of fort. Specialized Venom allows me to bypass the undead's immunity to poison/fort-save effects.

{Move} Floating north 50 feet, regaining martial focus per Mobile Focus.

--edit-- Stealth as part of move: 66

VennDygrem

VennDygrem

spacer.pngNivel Syrris HP: 226/255 | AC: 56 (Touch: 44) | CMD: 48 SP: 26/38 | IP: 26/27

If Nivel is satisfied with the effectiveness of his illusion-work, he doesn't show it. The situation is too serious, and besides, he rarely shows emotion in the heat of battle if he can help it. His connection to the Mistsoul requires a focused mind, and that's something he has worked hard to maintain in the most dire circumstances.

<<The portal hasn't yet closed, but it's crackling with residual energy. Given how unstable it is and our resultant trajectories... It could blow up in our faces. If that is the case, I suggest we move away from it while making sure nothing goes through until it collapses!>>

<<Also, not to be a spoil-sport, but there may be more of these creatures than we wish to take on right away. Should we withdraw? I'll leave a little draconic 'friend' for them to play with in the meantime, in my usual style.>>

As Nivel retreats from the portal, he weaves his hands in the air and exerts a measure of will. Suddenly, a huge Black Dragon appears to pop out of the portal, flapping its wings and letting out a reptilian screech.

OOC/Actions

Knowledge: Arcana and/or Spellcraft to discern if my hunch has merit (ie: is the portal likely to explode or otherwise be dangerous): 41 Arcana, 43 Spellcraft

{Standard} Create an illusion [figment] (1 SP) of a Huge Black Dragon and use Phantom Mind (+1 SP) so it can react to stimuli with its own basic intelligence. It will react accordingly to attacks against it, lash out with appropriate AoO's, etc.

With all senses covered, a phantom mind, and all other relevant talents, my illusory dragon is practically indistinguishable from the real thing, except it doesn't deal lethal damage and therefore can't really affect the Zyclopses. I gave the party a warning to know it's not real, just in case. Impawsible Perspective requires creatures that would automatically see through an illusion to make a saving throw to disbelieve as though interacting with it, or else fail to disbelieve.

The figment has AC/Touch AC = 33 (10 - 2 size + 1/2 CL [CL 20/2=10] + Casting Modifier [15])

Illusion save DC 39 (35 base, +4 for Mind-drenching Mists assuming I'm invisible to the zyclops making the save) for interactions.

{Swift} Expend Martial Focus and create another petrifying poison and apply it to ammunition. As before, mindrot makes the save Will based instead of fort. Specialized Venom allows me to bypass the undead's immunity to poison/fort-save effects.

VennDygrem

VennDygrem

spacer.pngNivel Syrris HP: 226/255 | AC: 56 (Touch: 44) | CMD: 48 

OOC/Actions