The Templar Dagger (RP: Linden)

Papa Bear

"Its not exactly an EMP. The signal that has an EMP-like effect began shutting down my systems. When it started affecting me, I realized that my sensors were blocked in a very useful way so that I would not notice and that is when I realized that we were being invaded by individuals with superior tech. Normally my sensors might get scrambled but that would alert that something was going on. I did not realize my sensors were being handled until my systems started shutting down." The robot explains. "At that point I hoped that 000 00 3's enhanced shielding might provide it with protection from shutdown like I was experiencing and ordered 000 00 3 to investigate. I also told 000 00 2 to go find help, such as the one calling himself Superion. But 000 00 2 was shutting down as well so I do not know if it made it out of the facility. I tried to find my friends to warn them that some individual or individuals were on site. If there is a message, it is that someone was attempting to infiltrate the facility with stealth and guile. If they had been successful, it is possible that we'd have never known they were present. I cannot speculate as to what their mission objective is and, to be sure, this is all conjecture."

I think I understand, Linden replies to One. I believe your friends know about the intrusion. I will try to reach out to 000 00 3 and see if I figure out his situation.

Linden focuses his thoughts and concentrates on the robot he knows as Three. As he did with One, he projects his powers to that robot and tries to begin a conversation. Hello. I am a friend of your associate, which your other friends call One. Rest assured I can hear your replies to me, even though I am not near by. Your home is being invaded, which I think you know. What can you tell me about what is going on there? I may be able to help.

the robot known as '3' replies back incredibly fast, running its words together without pause. "000001hastoldthisunitaboutyou.Wearebeinginvadedbymurderouspeople.Thisunitfoundthreeoftheminthedormslookingtomurderourfriendsintheirsleep.Thisunitlaunchedamissileatthem.Thisunitbelievesithaskilledoneofthembuttheothersescapedbecausethisunitwastrappedintherubblewhentheceilingcollapsed.FriendTomHawkandFriendKennedyrescuedthisunitandweareallinpursuitofthedastardlyvillain.FriendKennedyalreadycaughtoneoftheescapeesandthecowardlyvillainusedacyanidecapsuletokillitself."

OOC: OK, that's going to be insane to read, but I did it for flair because 3 is rather 'manic', which wouldn't come through in his normal beeps and sounds communication or in his text messages. But since Linden can actually speak to him... yeah, that's what he gets. However, its easier to hear than to read... so

TRANSLATION

"000 00 1 has told this unit about you. We are being invaded by murderous people. This unit found three of them in the dorms looking to murder our friends in their sleep. This unit launched a missile at them. This unit believes it has killed one of them but the others escaped because this unit was trapped in the rubble when the ceiling collapsed. Friend Tom-Hawk and Friend Kennedy rescued this unit and we are all in pursuit of the dastardly villain. Friend Kennedy already caught one of the escapees and the cowardly villain used a cyanide capsule to kill itself."

That is very helpful 3, thank you! I will try to let your friends know what is going on. Do you feel confident it's only three invaders? Could there be more?

When Linden gets a moment he switches back to Aria. It seems you're facing three Templar invaders. At the least. I'm trying to find out if there are more.

OOC: I rather like the flavor of 3's communication. Not something you'd expect, but I think it perfectly shows the robot's character. :)

@Civit

Posted (edited)

After reaching out to Aria and turning back to Three, the little robot is wild with excitement.

"Mistertalkingto,thereisanothertemplarinaverypowerfullookingsuitofarmor.IthitfriendKennedywithagianthammer.ThisunitisattemptingtoshocktheevilperpetratorasinstructedbyfriendTomHawk.Thisunitwasgoingtofireanothermissilebutconsideringwhathappenedlasttime,friendTomHawkisprobablycorrectinachangeoftacticsfrommyusualmodusoperandi.Oooothereisaspaceship!"

TRANSLATION

"Mister talking-to, there is another templar in a very powerful looking suit of armor. It hit friend Kennedy with a giant hammer. This unit is attempting to shock the evil perpetrator as instructed by friend Tom-Hawk. This unit was going to fire another missile but considering what happened last time, friend Tom-Hawk is probably correct in a change of tactics from my usual modus operandi. Oooo, there is a spaceship!"

OOC: Yeah, Three is an interesting little character. He adores his human friends, is manic, and ready to perform violence in a moment's notice.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

Linden rocks back in his chair. A spaceship? A spaceship?!? Can that be right? Well, I'll get to that later. Right now, there are other priorities.

Three, he addresses the robot again, I think friend Tom– Hawk is right. A missile launch in an indoor location could have disastrous effects on the people there with you. Can you describe the power armor? Where is it in relation to you right now?

• 3 weeks later...

Linden sits in his chair, nervously. His hands rub the side of his head, near the temples. He's been doing that more often these days.

I hope everything is OK over there. I hope no one got hurt. Or, worse...

After waiting a few minutes that felt more like hours, Linden finally decides to take action. He reaches out with his powers again:

Aria, hello? Is everything OK over there? Has anyone been hurt? If the situation is well in hand, perhaps we should make that meeting happen? Where would you like to meet? Pretty much anywhere in the city works for me.

He then relaxes, ever so slightly, and awaits a response. I hope she's OK...

@Civit

Linden lets out a deep breath as he gets Aria's response. Good, it seems they're OK. Right, let's go meet the neighbors.

He quickly gathers a few things, including his fighting baton. Not that he thinks it'll help much given what he's seen so far, but it does make him feel better. He tucks it into his courier's bag, along with a few assorted things. Then a thought comes to him. Do I still have a tail on me?

Discretely, he goes to a window a pulls back a shade, ever so slightly. He gives the street a good look, wondering if that FBI van is still out there. Or anyone else, for that matter. Once he's convinced he's in the clear, he heads out to his car, starts it up, and drives off.

He's seen enough TV shows to know, you can spot a tail if you're careful. Especially at this time of night, the traffic is likely to be sparse. He doesn't think surveillance of him would warrant a helicopter, so if anyone actually is following him, it'll be by vehicle. He takes his time, making turns and watching for cars that might follow him, or turn away only to be replaced by another. Sometimes, I think I might be a bit too paranoid for my own good. But then again, a legendary mercenary group is out to get me, so... Yeah, warranted.

It will take some time, but Linden eventually makes his way to the location Aria gave him. He parks his car a block or so away, walks about with purpose but in random directions, then finds himself at the base. How do I do this? Just knock? That might be strange, and get me shot by some self– defense system.

Aria, he says, as he reaches out with his power once more. I'll be at your business door in three minutes.

@Civit