Edit History

rorytheromulan

rorytheromulan

minor, some typos

On 2/23/2024 at 1:58 PM, dalamb said:

The hadozee at the table near the outer door of the upper room eyes Althea as she enters and lies down. He clears his throat and asks, “Could I trouble you to give me your name, Ma’am? And what skills you might bring as a potential officer? I’m taking folks’ information for the Captain, before she decides who to interview next."

bariaurfemalecrop.jpg.7ad5343b6fda485a637cd8b35fc7fa71.jpg

Althea

In turn, Althea stops between notes and puts the pan flute away with an awkward cough, rises to her full height and approaches Garth's table.

"Oh, excuse me! I did not realize I was next..."

An awkward pause later, she resumes, but as she gets going, her passion fuels her dossier about her skills.

"My name is Althea - just 'Althea'. I am a skilled healer, both what you call a 'sawbones' and a miracle worker. I was born blessed with an innate connection to the Goddess of the Woodlands, and I draw my power from that connection. My situation has been likened to your divinely favored priests and workers of sorcery. I am also an herbalist, I specialize in natural salves and potions. Provided with a lab and ingredients, I can brew a cure for whatever ails your crewmen. I could even find it myself, and keep your men informed of any dangers in the wild..."

"I am also a crack shot with my bow, I can easily fire several shots from a 120-pound bow in just a few seconds, at full draw. I prefer to stay out of personal combat." She thinks back to the swivel grapeshot cannons mounted on the ship she rode on, and makes a suggestion to talk herself up: "In a pinch, I could take out an enemy boat's cannons - the ones above deck that can turn and fire...? Er, rather I can take out whoever is aiming them. Maybe even the captain, if we pass by the stern - that's the backside of the boat, right? Rear! The back end." She coughs again and hastily continues to talk past her poor choice of words. "I am also a fast runner, in an emergency I could speedily leave your ship or return to wherever I'm needed. And, finally, I my pet eagle acts as my eyes in the sky. That's--that's it."

She watches Garth scribbles on a pad of paper - more awkward silence, which she breaks with an offer to show him the eagle. "Um, he's not here at the moment, but he should be perching on the roof somewhere? I found him in an abandoned nest, and he imprinted on me after he hatched. If we open a window I could whistle for him..."

OOC: On my end, this is all ostensibly a formality in relation to how I wrote her background, although they haven't made a final decision on her yet.
(I'll have to reduce the Strength requirement on my bow to fire without penalty, oof.)

rorytheromulan

rorytheromulan

minor, some typos

8 hours ago, dalamb said:

The hadozee at the table near the outer door of the upper room eyes Althea as she enters and lies down. He clears his throat and asks, “Could I trouble you to give me your name, Ma’am? And what skills you might bring as a potential officer? I’m taking folks’ information for the Captain, before she decides who to interview next."

Althea

In turn, Althea stops between notes and puts the pan flute away with an awkward cough, rises to her full height and approaches Garth's table.

An awkward pause later, she resumes, but as she gets going, her passion fuels her dossier about her skills.

"My name is Althea - just 'Althea'. I am a skilled healer, both what you call a 'sawbones' and a miracle worker. I was born blessed with an innate connection to the Goddess of the Woodlands, and I draw my power from that connection. My situation has been likened to your divinely favored priests and workers of sorcery. I am also an herbalist, I specialize in natural salves and potions. Provided with a lab and ingredients, I can brew a cure for whatever ails your crewmen. I could even find it myself, and keep your men informed of any dangers in the wild..."

"I am also a crack shot with my bow, I can easily fire several shots from a 120-pound bow in just a few seconds, at full draw. I prefer to stay out of personal combat." She thinks back to the swivel grapeshot cannons mounted on the ship she rode on, and makes a suggestion to talk herself up: "In a pinch, I could take out an enemy boat's cannons - the ones above deck that can turn and fire...? Er, rather I can take out whoever is aiming them. Maybe even the captain, if we pass by the stern - that's the backside of the boat, right? Rear! The back end." She coughs again and hastily continues to talk past her poor choice of words. "I am also a fast runner, in an emergency I could speedily leave your ship or return to wherever I'm needed. And, finally, I my pet eagle acts as my eyes in the sky. That's--that's it."

She watches Garth scribbles on a pad of paper - more awkward silence, which she breaks with an offer to show him the eagle. "Um, he's not here at the moment, but he should be perching on the roof somewhere? I found him in an abandoned nest, and he imprinted on me after he hatched. If we open a window I could whistle for him..."

OOC: On my end, this is all ostensibly a formality in relation to how I wrote her background, although they haven't made a final decision on her yet.
(I'll have to reduce the Strength requirement on my bow to fire without penalty, oof.)

rorytheromulan

rorytheromulan

minor, some typos

4 hours ago, dalamb said:

Althea

"My name is Althea - just 'Althea'. I am a skilled healer, both what you call a 'sawbones' and a miracle worker. I was born blessed with an innate connection to the goddess of nature, and I draw my power from that connection. My situation has been likened to your divinely favored priests and workers of sorcery. I am also an herbalist, I specialize in natural salves and potions. Provided with a lab and ingredients, I can brew a cure for whatever ails your crewmen. I could even find it myself, and keep your men informed of any dangers in the wild..."

rorytheromulan

rorytheromulan

Althea

"My name is Althea - just 'Althea'. I am a skilled healer, both what you call a 'sawbones' and a miracle worker. I was born blessed with an innate connection to the goddess of nature, and I draw my power from that connection. My situation has been likened to your divinely favored priests and workers of sorcery. I am also an herbalist, I specialize in natural salves and potions. Provided with a lab and ingredients, I can brew a cure for whatever ails your crewmen. I could even find it myself, and keep your men informed of any dangers in the wild..."

She watches Garth scribbles on a pad of paper - more awkward silence, which she breaks with an offer to show him the eagle. "Um, he's not here at the moment, but he should be perching on the roof somewhere? I found him in an abandoned nest, and imprinted on me after he hatched. If we open a window I could whistle for him..."

rorytheromulan

rorytheromulan

Althea

"I am also a crack shot with my bow, I can easily fire several shots from a 120-pound bow, at full draw. I prefer to stay out of personal combat." She thinks back to the swivel grapeshot cannons mounted on the ship she rode on, and makes a suggestion to talk herself up: "In a pinch, I could take out an enemy boat's cannons - the ones above deck that can turn and fire...? Er, rather I can take out whoever is aiming them. Maybe even the captain, if we pass by the stern - that's the backside of the boat, right? Rear! The back end." She coughs again and hastily continues to talk past her poor choice of words. "I am also a fast runner, in an emergency I could speedily leave your ship or return to wherever I'm needed. And, finally, I my pet eagle acts as my eyes in the sky. That's--that's it."

She watches Garth scribbles on a pad of paper - more awkward silence, which she breaks with an offer to show him the eagle. "Um, he's not here at the moment, but he should be perching on the roof somewhere? I found him in an abandoned nest, and imprinted on me after he hatched. If we open a window I could whistle for him..."

rorytheromulan

rorytheromulan

Upstairs...

Althea

"I am also a crack shot with my bow, I can easily fire several shots from a 120-pound bow, at full draw. I prefer to stay out of personal combat." She thinks back to the swivel grapeshot cannons mounted on the ship she rode on, and makes a suggestion to talk herself up: "In a pinch, I could take out an enemy boat's cannons - the ones above deck that can turn and fire...? Er, rather I can take out whoever is aiming them. Maybe even the captain, if we pass by the stern - that's the backside of the boat, right? Rear! The back end." She coughs again and hastily continues to talk past her poor choice of words. "I am also a fast runner, in an emergency I could speedily leave your ship or return to wherever I'm needed. And, finally, I my pet eagle acts as my eyes in the sky. That's--that's it."