Edit History

On 2/21/2024 at 10:09 AM, dalamb said:
Garth Stormchaser

GarthStormchaser.jpg.92f048dce8abec5ae3615e40283a0f33.jpg

“Name?” the hadozee asks each person who enters. “And what skills might ye have that would suit a fine ship like the Swift Vengeance?”

image.png.0927ed9ab1849203da4e7fd79f1db0c2.pngKhan pushes open the door to the Purple Dolphin with little fuss or fanfare. He props the door open with his staff as he walks in to stop it swinging back toward him. He then promptly uses the same staff to nudge, guide or thwack those that get in his way as he approaches the anteroom where Garth is. He smells of recent smoke and wears his always present black stained cloak.

Stopping before the hadozee he slowly looks up and glares at the first-mate. He then throws back his black hood and his yellow eyes pinned the man-ape to where he stands. The staring match carries on for a few moments before Khan gruffly snaps. "Garth, if you don't know me from all the time we've spent at sea then your addled brain has become even more dense." He speaks extremely well for a kobold, his enunciation on point and his voice sounds raspy like a seasoned cigar smoker.

"Tell Melara I've finished with the family business I needed to sort and I'm back to get her ship back to ship-shape condition. And you best not tell me some-one has made a mess of my stores." He grunts as though clearing his throat and a puff of black smoke rises from his nostrils "If I need to rearrange everything, I swear I'll have you and the other lifers in there doing the heavy lifting!"

Looking past the Hadozee he tries to peer into the room beyond. "Is the captain in there or am I required to do this interview process as well?"

Garth

Part of my backstory is working on the ship previously for a few forays.

Garth will know Khan is primarily a spellcaster, that he's a meticulous Quartermaster and he keeps records of everything. He's a generally well-meaning but gruff old kobold who has a soft spot for the crew of the Vengeance.

Garth Stormchaser

“Name?” the hadozee asks each person who enters. “And what skills might ye have that would suit a fine ship like the Swift Vengeance?”

image.png.e45fad0a5f43dcb36b0cce62a75da7ac.pngKhan pushes open the door to the Purple Dolphin with little fuss or fanfare. He props the door open with his staff as he walks in to stop it swinging back toward him. He then promptly uses the same staff to nudge, guide or thwack those that get in his way as he approaches the anteroom where Garth is. He smells of recent smoke and wears his always present black stained cloak.

Stopping before the hadozee he slowly looks up and glares at the first-mate. He then throws back his black hood and his yellow eyes pinned the man-ape to where he stands. The staring match carries on for a few moments before Khan gruffly snaps. "Garth, if you don't know me from all the time we've spent at sea then your addled brain has become even more dense." He speaks extremely well for a kobold, his enunciation on point and his voice sounds raspy like a seasoned cigar smoker.

"Tell Melara I've finished with the family business I needed to sort and I'm back to get her ship back to ship-shape condition. And you best not tell me some-one has made a mess of my stores." He grunts as though clearing his throat and a puff of black smoke rises from his nostrils "If I need to rearrange everything, I swear I'll have you and the other lifers in there doing the heavy lifting!"

Looking past the Hadozee he tries to peer into the room beyond. "Is the captain in there or am I required to do this interview process as well?"

Garth

Garth will know Khan is primarily a spellcaster, that he's a meticulous Quartermaster and he keeps records of everything. He's a generally well-meaning but gruff old kobold who has a soft spot for the crew of the Vengeance.

Garth Stormchaser

image.png.e45fad0a5f43dcb36b0cce62a75da7ac.pngKhan pushes open the door to the Purple Dolphin with little fuss or fanfare. He props the door open with his staff as he walks in to stop it swinging back toward him. He then promptly uses the same staff to nudge, guide or thwack those that get in his way as he approaches the anteroom where Garth is.

Garth