Prologue โ€“ 'Parallel Pathways'

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, LDDragon said:

> Duck, and deflect bolts with lightsaber if need be.

Using the Force to enhance your agility, you duck at the perfect moment. The first two bolts surge through the air, but time seems to slow. One bolt singes your hair and the other misses you completely. They both leave a smoking blast mark in the northern wall.

You took no damage. Your Hit Points, also known as Health Points or Health (HP), remain at maximum (5 out of 5).

The third volley strikes your emerald blade, ricochets off its pulsing energy, and hits the sign above the swiping port. Broken, the plasteel sign falls to the floor, revealing an indentation in the wall. (+1 Evasion)

Updated 'Abilities and Skills'
Awareness = 1 (cognizance, perception)
Dexterity = 1
Evasion = 1

OOC: Your Health Points start at five. If they drop to ZERO, you will lose consciousness. The maximum amount of hit points can be increased by achieving secret goals. As for shields, most personal shield generators will add ten points to your health.

And... I'll just review and elaborate on your 'Abilities / Skills'. If a particular skill has a point value of ZERO, then your character is average at that skill.
Performing specific actions at the right time (and in the proper situation) increases the corresponding ability. For instance, your 'Evasion' just increased by one because you ducked and deflected.
Now, Evasion is positive, meaning your character is proficient in that skill, and will start to evade automatically.
By the same token, attempting actions that are beyond your capacity decreases the corresponding ability. If a skill has a negative point value, then your character is incompetent with that skill. The character will neglect using that ability unless you command it.

Hope that helps. I will be adding all this to the 'Rules and Guides' section. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you may have. As previously stated, comments and suggestions are always welcomed.

6 hours ago, Barrigan said:

> Force Pull to disarm both Stormtroopers of their weapons. Examine the second Stormtrooper for keycards, code cylinders or anything which could open a cell and Force Pull that too, but into our hand.

You use Force Pull again, focusing on the weapons of both stormtroopers. The E-11 blaster rifles jump out of the troopers' hands, fly across the corridor, and clatter upon the floor. KS-527 and his 'friend' are perplexed by the feat.

Although you see no code cylinders on the 'friend', you do spot a key card hanging from the nameless trooper's utility belt. You Force Pull yet again, with haste. However, this time the Force feels a bit 'depleted' as the card lands in your palm. You notice it's marked with a magenta square.

Your instincts tell you that the Force needs to 'replenish'. Whether or not this is associated with your inability to sense other beings is unknown.

Updated 'Force Abilities and Skills'
Jedi Mind Trick
Force Pull

Alignment
DARK SIDE<<<<<NEUTRAL>>>>>LIGHT SIDE +2

OOC: And now... 'Force Abilities and Skills'- Force skills are unlocked when used at the right time (and in the proper situation). Once an ability is unlocked, the character will perform actions pertaining to that skill automatically (when they are applicable). With each successful usage, a skill becomes more powerful and more likely to be employed automatically. Certain Force abilities can only be unlocked if the player is aligned with the appropriate side. Neutral skills can be unlocked regardless of alignment.

Again, hope that helps. I will be adding all this to the 'Rules and Guides' section. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you may have. As previously stated, comments and suggestions are always welcomed.

Edited by Green Ice Cream (see edit history)

Thank you for the explanations. That helps clarify things a lot. And having more Evasion is definitely a plus. I foresee many people will be shooting at us in the future!

Since our first card didn't open the human's cell, perhaps this new one will. Although we also need to deal with these disarmed Stormtroopers.

> Brandish the lightsaber and with determination say "I don't want to kill you, but I will defend myself. You should probably run." Then, keeping an eye on them, open the human's cell with the new keycard.

Thanks for the explanations, they are helpful. Might be nothing, but I feel like it will bug me if I don't do it...

> Examine indentation, keeping aware of any dangers, ready to dodge, duck, or deflect with lightsaber if needed.

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2024 at 11:18 AM, Barrigan said:

> Brandish the lightsaber and with determination say "I don't want to kill you, but I will defend myself. You should probably run." Then, keeping an eye on them, open the human's cell with the new keycard.

Standing near the holding cell in Section 4 of the east-west hallway, you deter the stormtroopers by flourishing your emerald blade. You inform the duo that you have no intention to harm them, but you will defend yourself if need be. "You should probably run." Your suggestion is spoken with resolution.

KS-527 and his companion slowly back away with their hands up. They are backtracking towards the east end of the corridor. "Easy," 527 says, attempting to keep you calm.

Watching the pair of troopers carefully, you cross the hall and swipe the newly acquired card through the port. The red-tinted ray shield instantly vanishes.

In the holding cell, a human male jumps up from his position on the floor and assesses the situation. Realizing the shield is gone, he slowly approaches the east-west corridor. However, he remains in the cell, examining you from a distance. "Who are you?"

The light-skinned man has brown eyes and hair. He's about two meters tall, and appears self-confident. His long sleeved shirt is thermal and white. He also wears black gloves that match his trousers and boots. His beard is trimmed.

On 3/18/2024 at 10:13 PM, LDDragon said:

> Examine indentation, keeping aware of any dangers, ready to dodge, duck, or deflect with lightsaber if needed.

Knowing the stormtroopers are still in your vicinity, you stay vigilant. Though you're ready to spring into action, you decide to study the indentation in the north wall.

The tiny recess is located where the sign used to hang. Glancing at the uncovered indentation while keeping track of the troopers, you discover an object.

There's a third key card placed in the recess. Like the others, it's black. However, this one's marked with a bronze square.

You're still focused on the east wing of the hallway, but you can now hear multiple beings approaching from the west. "There's the Jedi!" The voice sounds familiar. It must be the Imperial officer you encountered earlier.

OOC: No problem. I'll always explain new rule dynamics. By the way, the game sections have been updated. There's now a list of all implemented rules, so players don't have to search the posts for specific descriptions. Also, I've created a section for helpful statistics and information. Please feel free to post in any section! Posting your own notes on the adventure is perfectly acceptable. 😀

If the guy does come with us, I wonder if we can also deflect blaster bolts aimed at him, with the lightsaber, if we stick close enough together.

> Get bronze square key card from recess, still ready to dodge, duck or deflect if needed, while quickly and firmly saying "I am a jedi. Come with me if you want a chance at freedom. I will do my best to defend you."

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

Good answer! I was trying to figure out how to answer that considering we don't know who we are 😅

Missed opportunity for a classic line though!

spacer.png

> Toss the freed human the magenta keycard and say "What's your name? Use that to free anyone else you know from the cells. Blasters are in the rack on the wall. We're about to have company!" Turn to face the direction we heard the Officer's voice and prepare to deflect blaster fire, preferably back at whoever fired it.

It's a risk to trust this guy we've just met but we're in a pretty dire situation and we can use all the help we can get. Hopefully he's at least a little grateful to be freed and won't shoot us in the back. A full on prison break is probably our best way of getting out of here, even if all we do is let a bunch of people out and then sneak off while the Imps are trying to deal with the mob. That's not Plan A though, there's strength in numbers and we all have a common goal, at least for now.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:34 PM, LDDragon said:

> Get bronze square key card from recess, still ready to dodge, duck or deflect if needed, while quickly and firmly saying "I am a jedi. Come with me if you want a chance at freedom. I will do my best to defend you."

Glancing back and forth between the east and west, you swipe the third key card from the wall's recess. Black key card (bronze square): Taken.
(Player 1 earns twenty points for hidden item. / Score: 23 out of a possible 1,138) Every time you shift your glance, you adjust your emerald blade accordingly. Its intimidating hum continues to discourage your adversaries. To the east, KS-527 and his peer have stopped backtracking. To the west, the female officer advances slowly. Another Imp, probably of higher rank, follows far behind her.

"I am a Jedi," you tell the male human. He's still standing near the aperture. "Come with me if you want a chance at freedom." The light-skinned man scoffs, and places his gloved hand upon his hip. The other hand strokes his beard. "I will do my best to defend you." Your succinct speech doesn't appear to impress.

"Jedi?" he questions suspiciously. "You're a Jedi?" It's possible he doesn't believe you.

<Please Select Gender> (The first player to post chooses gender. However, you may consult with each other before selection.)

On 3/20/2024 at 8:20 AM, Barrigan said:

> Toss the freed human the magenta keycard and say "What's your name? Use that to free anyone else you know from the cells. Blasters are in the rack on the wall. We're about to have company!" Turn to face the direction we heard the Officer's voice and prepare to deflect blaster fire, preferably back at whoever fired it.

OOC: A classic line indeed! 😎

You toss the freed man a black key card (the one with the magenta square). Due to his casual posture, he catches the card awkwardly. "What's your name?" you ask.

After a moment of hesitation, he responds. "Just call me Sulon." The brown-haired man eyes the magenta square. "Who are you?" he asks again, stepping out of his holding cell. He immediately notices the four Imperials.

"Use that to free anyone else you know from the cells," you reply, turning towards the Imperial officer. She's still a section away. "Blasters are in the rack on the wall. We're about to have company!" you explain in a tone conveying urgency.

You prepare to deflect blaster fire from the oncoming Imps, leaving Sulon to confront the two stormtroopers. Acknowledging the dire situation, he grabs an E-11 and heads east.

As the female officer approaches, you suddenly realize she has no weapon. At the same time, Sulon yells to you from down the east-west hallway. "This thing's got no ammo!!!"

Have consulted with Barrigan through private message, who said would default to male but no problems if I want to go female. For some reason I had been thinking that the protagonist is female, so since Barrigan is okay with either, will go with female.

> Select female

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, LDDragon said:

> Select female

<You Have Selected> female
Your character is now a female (species and name unknown).

Hallway EE-S [Section 4] (East-West Hallway)
Tagged in Aurebesh text, two halves of a broken sign lie upon the pristine floor. A pair of E-11 blaster rifles sit on the floor as well.

A horizontal swiping port juts out from a console on the northern wall. To the right of the console, a plasteel equipment rack is recessed into the wall. The rack holds three E-11 blaster rifles. There's also a small, empty recess above the console.

There's a holding cell to the south. Its designation is written in Aurebesh, which you can't read. Due to its ray shield being deactivated, the cell is accessible.

You notice a schematic attached to the southern wall on both sides of the cell's aperture:
schematic-detentionblockEEA2.jpg.8845f364b071c594e134a9f108499f21.jpg
The rooms depicted by the schematic are labeled in Aurebesh. (Since you cannot read Aurebesh at the moment, the labels are not shown.)

To your east, the 'guards' donning jade tabards have joined KS-527 and the other trooper. Sulon backs away from them with haste, shaking his uncooperative blaster as he returns to your location. To your west, the female Imperial officer halts and waits for her superior.

> Say to the female officer "You are unarmed. What is your intention?" Stay close to Sulon and be ready to defend Sulon and self if needed, by deflecting any bolts with the lightsaber.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Barrigan said:

> Reply to Sulon: "The ones on the floor are loaded. Can you make sense of this blue diagram? Which way do we go?"

You tilt your head towards the immaculate floor, motioning at the blaster rifles you Force-pulled. "The ones on the floor are loaded," you tell Sulon, who has just reached your position. Now standing back-to-back in defensive stances, you both keep tabs on your corresponding adversaries. Sulon faces east, while you face west.

He picks up the nearest E-11 and responds to you with cynicism. "Oh really? These are loaded? You told me the other ones were loaded!" Sulon drops the useless blaster rifle, and prepares the new one. "I've got your head right in my sights trooper!" he yells down the corridor. However, the pair of stormtroopers have switched places with the jade guards.

Wielding their cyclers, the guards approach, with the troopers bringing up the rear. They've found new E-11s as well.

Still tracking the Imperial officer and her superior, you quietly address Sulon. "Can you make sense of this blue diagram?" Again, you motion with a head tilt, this time towards the wall.

Stunned by your inquiry, Sulon answers loudly. "Sure!" he exclaims in jest. "I'll just break down the cell block schematics in their entirety for you! It's not like we're surrounded by six enemies!"

You reply with another question. "Which way do we go?" Attempting to blast Sulon, KS-527 and trooper #2 pull their triggers in unison. To your surprise, their aim is so horrendous that both bolts strike the swiping port on the north wall. A small explosion produces shards of plasteel.

"Well, considering the situation, I'd say any direction that leads away from 'here' would be a solid choice!!!" Sulon charges at the two jade guards, as the stormtroopers prepare to fire again.

20 hours ago, LDDragon said:

> Say to the female officer "You are unarmed. What is your intention?" Stay close to Sulon and be ready to defend Sulon and self if needed, by deflecting any bolts with the lightsaber.

'He is a bold one,' you think to yourself, and follow suit. "You are unarmed," you say to the Imperial officer. "What is your intention?"

(Your alignment increases by 1.) Alignment- LIGHT SIDE: +3

She flashes you a wry smile and says nothing. Then, she folds her hands behind her back, moves aside, and allows her superior to approach you.

Staying close to Sulon is not possible at the moment. He's rushed towards the east end of the hallway to face four adversaries on his own. Just turning to look at him would surely put you in danger. You remain focused on the west. Keeping steady, you place your shimmering blade between you and your new foe.

You hear a distinctive and recognizable sound from behind you. It's the combined sound of a high-pitched crack, and a reverberating whine. You know it's one of the cycler rifles. Then, you hear it two more times, just before laser fire becomes the dominant noise. Obviously, Sulon's got himself into a difficult firefight.

Your new foe stands in front of you, ever so close to your humming emerald blade. He wears a white tailored jacket. It's both crisp and adorned with code cylinders. "My name is Breuten Halaarsk." You notice a decorative medal displayed on his chest, and multiple badges attached to his collar. "I have been tasked with preventing Sulon's escape from this outpost." The golden epaulettes on his shoulders gleam brightly from your saber light. "Presently, I am quite distraught, for a datacard of extreme importance went missing earlier today." This guy certainly conveys a sense of professionalism and prestige. "Am I to understand that you're responsible for that loathsome criminal's release?"

For some reason I'm hearing Halaarsk in the voice of Grand Moff Kilran from SWtOR. Upper class English with sinister undertones.

> Be mildly irritated at Sulon's attitude. "No I didn't, I just said there were blasters on the wall!" Realise this is not the time. Examine Breuten Halaarsk for weapons or anything threatening. Respond to his question: "What can I say? I was lonely escaping all by myself." Attempt to intimidate him. He is well within lightsaber striking distance. "Stand aside and I will not harm you."

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 9:34 PM, Barrigan said:

> Be mildly irritated at Sulon's attitude. "No I didn't, I just said there were blasters on the wall!" Realise this is not the time. Examine Breuten Halaarsk for weapons or anything threatening. Respond to his question: "What can I say? I was lonely escaping all by myself." Attempt to intimidate him. He is well within lightsaber striking distance. "Stand aside and I will not harm you."

"No I didn't. I just said there were blasters on the wall!" By the time you speak your mind, Sulon is already at the hallway's east end. Hence, your irritation with him goes unheard. 'Better off,' you muse, realizing that now is not the time. Alignment- LIGHT SIDE: +4

Keeping your emerald blade a few inches away from Halaarsk's brow, you remain in a defensive stance. His underling, the female Imperial officer, has not moved. Her hands are still behind her back. You use this opportunity to examine Breuten more closely, looking for any threats or weapons.

His crisp tailored jacket is obviously made from high-quality fabric. As far as you know, it's typical Imperial garb for a high ranking officer. Your instincts tell you that he must've earned the rank of admiral or better, considering how much his attire features the color white.

Breuten's utility belt is equipped with a holster, but it's empty. His polished leather boots shine magnificently. You suppose it's possible that he could use them to conceal a weapon. Due to your proximity to him, you now notice a thin mustache.

"What can I say?" you reply to his inquiry. "I was lonely escaping all by myself." Halaarsk doesn't look the slightest bit intimidated, and you tighten your grip on your hilt. With a stern face, you continue. "Stand aside and I will not harm you." Alignment- LIGHT SIDE: +5

Breuten Halaarsk sports a sly grin. He does not budge. "Haven't I already conveyed how distraught I am over the missing datacard?" His grin vanishes. "I truly believe it would be in your best interest to cooperate." He interlocks his fingers and remains inches from your blade. "Considering you freed the culprit, I think it's only fair that the task of questioning him falls to you." Breuten turns to his officer. "Kasari, please elaborate on the situation."

They trade places. However, Kasari doesn't stand quite as close to your lightsaber. (+1 Intimidation) Still, she conveys her disdain for your kind. "Wretched...

<Please Select Species> Cerean, Duros, Human, Mirialan, Rodian, Sullustan, Twi'lek, Zabrak (Don't be too concerned about your pick. You'll be able to cycle through these species later in the game.)

"Wretched <Species>, you have no business being a Knight." She composes herself. "The missing datacard contains override codes for Imperial encryption. Since the encryption was used to reprogram Sulon's starfighter, we have no doubt that he's behind the theft." Kasari pauses. "He's headed for the hangar bay. Obviously, he'll use the codes to override our security encryption. He must not escape this outpost." She looks to her superior.

Halaarsk waves his hand. "Officer Kesyk, you're dismissed." She nods, turns around, and heads back west. Breuten points a finger at you. "You are to find Sulon and acquire that datacard. No one is to know you're working for me. Stormtroopers have been trained to hunt you down, so don't expect immunity."

On 3/26/2024 at 5:18 AM, LDDragon said:

> Ask Breuten Halaarsk "What is it that Sulon did?"

"What is it that Sulon did?" You maintain your defensive positioning and realize how quiet it's become. The ruckus from the east end has ended. You and Breuten Halaarsk are the only beings left in the corridor.

The sly grin returns. "Let's just say he's stumbled upon our ravine and wants to purloin some valuable artifacts."

ร—
ร—