Prologue โ€“ 'Parallel Pathways'

This Imperial's behaviour is bizarre but if he wants to let us go and, for whatever reason, think we're secretly working for him now then he's welcome to. In the meantime we will be heading for the hangar bay and getting the hell out of here.

> Select Mirialan. Deceive Breuten Halaarsk by pretending to accept his proposal. "Understood. Perhaps I can head him off. What's the quickest way to the hangar bay from here?"

spacer.png

Edited by Barrigan (see edit history)

On 3/30/2024 at 10:12 PM, Barrigan said:

> Select Mirialan. Deceive Breuten Halaarsk by pretending to accept his proposal. "Understood. Perhaps I can head him off. What's the quickest way to the hangar bay from here?"

<You Have Selected> Mirialan
Your character is now a female Mirialan (name unknown).

Unbeknownst to yourself, you possess an impressively effective charisma. Tapping into this ability, you feign acceptance of Breuten Halaarsk's strange proposal. "Understood," you say with clever grace. "Perhaps I can head him off." (+1 Deception) The high-ranking Imperial is already headed back toward the corridor's west end when you inquire about the bay. "What's the quickest way to the hangar bay from here?"

Turning to face a northern hallway, he answers. "Just head east." Then, Breuten leaves.

16 hours ago, LDDragon said:

> Ask "What does the datacard look like? Also, what are Sulon's capabilities and inclinations?"

Halaarsk is gone before you're able to ask your follow-up questions. You're left to hear nothing but the drone of the illumination banks, coupled with your saber's hum.

Staring ahead, beyond your greenish-yellow hands and the lightsaber, you're a bit stunned. 'He just... left?' you muse. You're still standing in the fourth section of Hallway EE-S.

You don't know when any adversaries may show up. However, it does dawn on you that three more unguarded cells exist within the east-west hallway.

We've been left unexpectedly unsupervised so we should probably take advantage. With luck we can even unlock some more cells, but I think we might have a problem. The swiping port took a couple of blaster bolts earlier so it might not work anymore, plus I think Sulon still has the keycard for this section and he's run off. So we may not be able to free anyone else.

On the other hand, if there is one swiping port per cell and only the one for Sulon's cell was damaged then the others may still work. Perhaps Sulon dropped the magenta keycard or possibly the black keycard we found is actually the master override one that Sulon stole and he managed to stash it there when he was brought in. If so then it should open all the cells and any other door we come across, but by the sounds of it the Imperials can trace wherever it is used so they may discover pretty quickly that we have it.

Either way, we need to look around a take stock while we have a moment.

> Examine the hallway, the swiping port/s and the cells. See if Sulon left the magenta card behind, or if there is another nearby. See if any of the other three cells are occupied. Call out to any occupants. "Hello in there! I'll get you out if I can. Any advice?"

ร—
ร—