OOC

igordragonian12

5 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

edgelord

Well Doc has to be against her in principal of this, lol. Not that he wasn't before, since she killed her kid as part of her plan and is trying to brainwash people over the radio.

5 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

actually sort of exciting. Do you think they would like small interactions with the game?

Inserting NPCs and stuff like that?

Maybe, but that might get complicated for us since we don't have full control of those?

Wow. I guess Nemesis is an effective villian, despite her being a waifu!

I am actually more and more pleased with her- maybe watching trillion youtube writing adviced paid off for once!

BTW- have you ever handled mass combat in d&d?

11 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

Wow. I guess Nemesis is an effective villain, despite her being a waifu!

Well she has been mind-controlling ponies to help her slaughter hundreds of innocents, including children. That kind of evil actions makes it hard for Doc to find her waifu attractive, lol. She'd have to really turn around in her ways and repent for Doc to like her again.

Not sure who you had in mind for a villain, but you got one.

maybe watching trillion YouTube writing advice paid off for once!

If you wanted a real villain for your part of the campaign, it definitely did pay off.

BTW- have you ever handled mass combat in d&d?

I did once back in 3.5 edition. The Miniatures Handbook had the rules that I used, but I can't find an online copy of them anymore. GURPS Wild West had their own version that I used once for a Civil War game, but that book has been out of print for a long time.

Alright, so here some simple ideas I have collected over the internet and my exprience.

- There is the d12 system that Theo has devolped and we have test run with it a mass combat.

Basicly we calculate +1 and -1 in general and then we roll.

The calculation is the long part but the roll is very decisive.

- IRL I run freeform-ish Games Of Thrones so what we do in big battle are few options-

Usually each side get a dice that represent his relative power, for example d6 vs d8.

Usually it represent unit vs unit.

who rolls highers wins, and the gap means how difficult it was.

Sides can gain bonuses and change dice size depend on the devolpment of the battle.

Sometimes we roll to see losses.

-treat units like single characters,HP is the number of soldiers.

-Treat the battle as background and give three important quests for the player characters, that their success will determine the results before the big battle with the boss.

I think Gurps system was close to the d12 version, but 3d6 of course. The system gave bonuses and penalties determined by categories such as troop size, experience, if they are adequately equipped for combat, etc.

I never seen the GoT version. That feels a little like the system Iron Claw with the changing die sizes. But I didn't get to play Iron Claw either. XD

The last one feels like an interesting one. Is it like those long skill tests in D&D 4th edition?

GUESS WHO ROLLED A 3!! :D

That's right, time to roll on the chart and see what Doc changes into! I love this part. Good thing everyone is distracted by the circus. XD

Transform

Doc is a Pegasus again! I'll edit my post to make it a little funny.

Edited by Digodragon (see edit history)
Name
Transform
1d6+1d10 3,8