Specularum - Foreign Quarter

Modred Mistdragoon

Modred.jpg.fd41f92210d726ebf5cac918bf958859.jpgContent

4th-level human Magic-User (Magician):S-06 (-1), I-15 (+1), W-13(+1), D-16 (+2), C-18 (+3), Ch-13 (+1);

AL-L; AC: 7; HP 21/24; Dmg 1d4 -1(melee) or 1d4 (Thrown); MV 120’ (40’); speaks common, kobold, alignment tongue; Weapons: silver dagger, 12 normal daggers, 

Memorized Spells: level 1: Sleep x2 Level 2 Levitate, Knock

~The tower door opens as Allen clasps the handle and pushes in, the entrance hall is pretty plain looking, there is no dust on the stone floor and it looks like it's being kept/maintained somehow. A few cloaks are hanging on pegs and a few are empty. A mouth appears on the open door and a voice speaks, "Who dares knock and enter without first asking and announcing their intentions?"~

"A magic-mouth spell," Modred elucidates, his tone reflecting his keen intellect as he analyzes the mystical phenomenon adorning the open door. "It's a form of enchantment utilized to leave a message under specific conditions or events."

With a poised and wise gaze, the albino magician meticulously surveys the entry area before gracefully stepping inside, carefully positioning his staff against the wall deliberately. "Pray tell, is the Mistress of the tower currently in residence?" he inquires, his articulation resonating with erudition as he awaits a response, his mind already racing with potential implications and strategies.

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 4:28 PM, gnarg_firefist said:

"Ahem, greetings! We seek an audience with the mighty wizard who resides in this wonderful tower." Linnard speaks a little uncertainly towards the mouth on the door.

The magic mouth says, "Mistress Kadra Wolfscream is currently unavailable, but you may have a seat in the lounge to the left of the entranceway. One of her servants will be with you shortly."

Edited by Lando The Archmagi (see edit history)

On 4/4/2024 at 12:32 PM, Excior said:
Modred Mistdragoon

Modred.jpg.fd41f92210d726ebf5cac918bf958859.jpgContent

4th-level human Magic-User (Magician):S-06 (-1), I-15 (+1), W-13(+1), D-16 (+2), C-18 (+3), Ch-13 (+1);

AL-L; AC: 7; HP 21/24; Dmg 1d4 -1(melee) or 1d4 (Thrown); MV 120’ (40’); speaks common, kobold, alignment tongue; Weapons: silver dagger, 12 normal daggers, 

Memorized Spells: level 1: Sleep x2 Level 2 Levitate, Knock

With a poised and wise gaze, the albino magician meticulously surveys the entry area before gracefully stepping inside, carefully positioning his staff against the wall deliberately. "Pray tell, is the Mistress of the tower currently in residence?" he inquires, his articulation resonating with erudition as he awaits a response, his mind already racing with potential implications and strategies.

Allen, Modred, Yolanda all hear the response given to Linnard's response to the magic mouth's statement. Modred see the aforementioned lounge to the left of the entrance hall, to the right is what appears to be a small kitchen. There is a spiral staircase to the north that leads up to at least one or more levels. As the four look around, a unseen servant carrying a tray with drinks and some snacks comes out of the kitchen headed across to the lounge.

The lounge looks like a bit of a library/small study with several chairs, couch, desk, shelves of books, candles/lamps which seem to light up as anyone walks into the room.

"I suppose we should go wait in the lounge," Linnard suggests to the others. "Be ready, though, in case we have to take quick action." With that, he strolls towards one of the chairs in the lounge to sit down.

Modred Mistdragoon

Modred.jpg.fd41f92210d726ebf5cac918bf958859.jpg4th-level human Magic-User (Magician):S-06 (-1), I-15 (+1), W-13(+1), D-16 (+2), C-18 (+3), Ch-13 (+1);

Memorized Spells: level 1: Sleep x2 Level 2 Levitate, Knock

Upon entering the lounge, Modred casually takes a cloak from one of the pegs in the foyer, bringing it with him into the study where he selects an extra cushioned chair to settle into. With a scholarly air, the albino magician peruses the titles of the books lining the shelves, his keen intellect eager to glean knowledge from their contents.

Meanwhile, an unseen servant gracefully enters the room, bearing a tray laden with refreshments. Modred directs his attention to the offerings, inspecting them with discerning scrutiny to determine their edibility and suitability for consumption.

Posted (edited)

The louge/study looks maintained, although, a bit chaotic with the shelves of books and such. Linnard has his choice of places to sit when he enters.

Modred, Allen and Yolanda easily follow and can sit in any number of empty spots. The cloak Modred took from the foyer appears to be a fine cloak of wool and cotton with a full hood that can be pulled up and secured to keep one's head dry or warm. Modred sees most of the books appear to be books about the people and cultures of Mystara as well as some books on general magical theory etc. The unseen servant enters the room behind everyone setting a large serving tray on a table, there are goblets of some sort of wine, various treats/snacks as well. They all appear edible and smell delicious.

Edited by Lando The Archmagi (see edit history)

Modred Mistdragoon

Modred.jpg.fd41f92210d726ebf5cac918bf958859.jpg4th-level human Magic-User (Magician):S-06 (-1), I-15 (+1), W-13(+1), D-16 (+2), C-18 (+3), Ch-13 (+1);

Modred dons the cloak and settles comfortably into the plush chair, reaching for a glass from the tray of refreshments. "I cannot detect poison," he announces before taking a cautious sip from the glass, his demeanor composed yet vigilant.

As he savors the beverage, Modred remains attuned to any subtle signs or sensations, relying on his intuition and experience to assess the safety of the drink.

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

On 4/12/2024 at 8:13 PM, gnarg_firefist said:

Linnard motions to Modred and Yolanda and whispers, "Are either of you able to detect for poison?"

Yolanda looks at Modred and Linnard and shakes her head, "Alas, that is beyond me."

Modred tastes the wine and it's sweet and refreshing, and he doesn't fall over ill or die after a few moments. Yolanda takes a glass and tries it as well. "Tastes rather good, definitely has aged some."

Feeling reassured by his companions, Linnard picks up a glass of wine and takes a few sips of it. He then picks up a couple of snacks and munches on them while looking around the room, pulling a book off a nearby shelf and flipping through it.

The wine tastes aged and fruity. There are some crackers, cheeses, bread, butter/jam, some sausages on the tray. Everything looks, smells and tastes delicious. Linnard sees an assortment of books about various peoples/nations, basics about various gods and magic theory and the like. You flip through random book which happens to be about the kingdom of Karameikos. It has history, a timeline of events and such. Looks to be dated about 30ish years ago.

Modred Mistdragoon

"I do not believe the mistress of the tower is here; these seem to be automated responses she created through magic," Modred observes, his voice tinged with certainty as he stands and approaches the spiral staircase. "We need to be getting back, but I would like to conduct a quick search and see if she may have left anything behind."

Turning to his henchman, Modred asks, "Allen, would you mind going up before me and being on your guard?" The young fighter nods in agreement, readying his shield and placing his hand on the pommel of his sword as he ascends the stairs.

Modred then glances at his companions, a hint of anticipation in his eyes. "Coming?" he asks, inviting them to join him in exploring the upper levels of the wizard's tower.

1 hour ago, Excior said:
Modred Mistdragoon

Turning to his henchman, Modred asks, "Allen, would you mind going up before me and being on your guard?" The young fighter nods in agreement, readying his shield and placing his hand on the pommel of his sword as he ascends the stairs.

Modred then glances at his companions, a hint of anticipation in his eyes. "Coming?" he asks, inviting them to join him in exploring the upper levels of the wizard's tower.

Yolanda looks up at Modred, "Yes, we should probably get back soon. I have other performances to do and you have your own business. As for your idea, are you sure you want to risk exploring and stealing from a wizard's tower? Remember the trap on the door and you did break in. Who knows what lies further in or up this tower?" She sets her goblet down and gets up, loosening the blade sheathed on her hip and adjusting the lute back over her shoulder.

Modred Mistdrdagoon

Upon Yolanda's reminder of the trapped door, Modred halts in mid-step, his expression thoughtful as he considers the potential risks. He looks up towards Allen and nods decisively. "Allen, let's return to the others. We can save our search for forgotten wizard treasure for another day."

With everyone gathered on the bottom step of the spiral staircase, Modred allows Yolanda to take the lead in guiding them back towards the inn. Following closely behind, Modred reflects on their expedition to the wizard's tower, already formulating plans for their next venture. Together, the group retraces their steps through the winding streets of Specularum

5 minutes ago, Excior said:
Modred Mistdrdagoon

Upon Yolanda's reminder of the trapped door, Modred halts in mid-step, his expression thoughtful as he considers the potential risks. He looks up towards Allen and nods decisively. "Allen, let's return to the others. We can save our search for forgotten wizard treasure for another day."

With everyone gathered on the bottom step of the spiral staircase, Modred allows Yolanda to take the lead in guiding them back towards the inn. Following closely behind, Modred reflects on their expedition to the wizard's tower, already formulating plans for their next venture. Together, the group retraces their steps through the winding streets of Specularum

"This was the better course of action, I believe, " Linnard mentioned calmly to Modred as they strolled back towards the tavern. "I was about to remind you of the trap and warn against other traps when Yolanda brought it up. I wouldn't want for any of us to find any other nasty surprises she might have set for unwelcome guests. Hopefully the others will have some good news for us."