Edit History

Inash

Inash

Habus scratches his head, a bit uncertain. "I shoulda brought a talker with me. All I know how to do is look scary and talk straight." He rests the haft of his longaxe on the ground and leans on it like a staff. "It's like this, people... well, people are predictable. There's a plague, they gonna blame the rats. You know it, I know it. Hell, if the mob took a minute to think, they'd know it. That blame will get passed to anyone seen as rat-like, so wererats, ratfolk, sorry ysoki, and that one weasley looking merchant who they think mighta got the better of them that one time. It ain't smart, but it's the way it is. We all know it's only a matter of time before some big ass mob comes down here looking to 'burn those plauge-spreading vermin' or something. Ya got two choices, fight or don't be here when they come, right? Sounds like you lot are fixen to fight. And I understand. I'd want to fight too. You could probably take a good 20-30 of em... maybe a bit less if they brought some guards along or sumpin. Problem is, they gonna come by the hundreds. You're just gonna kill a couple dozen and then die, leaving a pissed off mob looking for more blood.

I know some of your folk picked not being found. If the mob is pissed about who they lost on top of being a buncha scared sheep about the plauge, they might keep looking until they find the others. Not saying the definitely will, but it's a thing to worry about."

He sighs and looks around at the group. "I guess there is a third option. Help us figure out how to stop the damn plauge. I'm sure y'all've seen a bit more of what's been going on than most surface folk, certainly more than me - I was out of town when it started."

Inash

Inash

Habus scratches his head, a bit uncertain. "I shoulda brought a talker with me. All I know how to do is look scary and talk straight."