Edit History

Vedast

Vedast

token_1.png.89de49c37e89361f2a64c21ee7e4cefd.pngCaltrix Nimblesquirl
Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'

HP: 15/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

Perception (E): +7 | Fort (T): +4 | Ref (E): +9| Will (E): +7 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Sneak Atk Dmg |Hero Pts.: 1

Caltrix_HeroForge.png.420877772c107e646505809a6af16979.png

Caltrix mounted the stairs to the entrance of Zellara's Wonders, 3 Lancet Street, in the wake of the flamboyantly haired half-orc who had made his way through the foyer and into a larger space beyond as though he'd walk through a wall rather than allow himself to be diverted to use an inconveniently placed doorway.

Before closing the door, she checked lest others were arriving. As the street seemed, still, a bit preternaturally quiet, she shut the door quietly and, pondering for a moment, closed any obvious latch or bolt.

The many curios and objects of interest in the store immediately clamored for her attention. Though she'd been obliged to use her skills to purloin any number of coins and curiosities over the past few weeks, she wasn't a kleptomaniac. Oh, she admitted that the challenge of the act was intoxicating and, possibly, addicting, but whilst she pondered any number of meals so near to hand, she firmly resisted the temptation. Besides, there were far too many inquisitive eyes.

"I'm Val. Valerica. My friends call me Val."

The others looked like the fabled parted sea ... no doubt from the passing of the one she originally thought of as the Cautious One, but whom she might now label "The Cutwater." He seemed to have strode past The Strong Woman - Valerica - and around the shop counter into a room beyond: maybe at an invitation, perhaps on his own initiative?

She made a closer inspection of the others as they turned to follow The Cutwater into the room beyond,

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask
  • The Esoteric Man (whose eyes - and that of the raven - she noted with interest: was he the Card Harrower?)

"Good evening all. My name is Ionacu," the latter, introducing himself.

Caltrix examined this room closely, most immediately for any means of egress. One always sought for ways into and out of a place.

The Cutwater was already seated ... impatiently so, or, at least, so he made it appear. This pose of a brusque facade might be as much of a mask as that worn by the theatrical one. He had selected his seat wisely to surveil the room. Caltrix looked at the chairs ... well, one could hardly expect a halfling-sized bit of furniture. Her people only constituted 3% of the Korvosan population (though prominent in the shipping industry - thus her use of nautical expressions).

She glanced about, finally spotting a pair of finely embroidered cushions: she walked around next to The Cutwater; adroitly hopped up the chair (she was used to doing so); placed her cushions; and sat; purposely flashing a smile at the painted face adjacent.

Caltrix, she announced. The LOCKSMITH.

She wondered what impact, if any, this gambit would effect?

PS Late Add: Would like to make some sort of Lore Check to recognize the figures on the tapestries. I'm not a big fan of rolling all four of arcana/nature/occultism/religion in hopes of a good roll, so I'll try Occultism here, albeit with only a +2 modifier. I doubt any of my three specific lore subjects would apply. -- well, meh.

image.png.9c353d20b58ccab182af970caadc77b0.png

OOC

I'm assuming that Caltrix cannot yet see Lira.

PS @Thramzorean  so your familiar is now with you (descended from #6 Lancet St.)?

ACTIONS

Recall Knowledge (Occultism) +2

Vedast

Vedast

Twilight Halfling; Acrobat; Rogue (Thief; 1); (TBA) Archetype; Harrow Card: 'The Locksmith'

HP: 15/15 AC:17: Explorer's | Speed: 25' |Senses: Low-light vision; Keen Eyes | Lang: Common; Halfling; Gnome; Varisian

Caltrix mounted the stairs to the entrance of Zellara's Wonders, 3 Lancet Street, in the wake of the flamboyantly haired half-orc who had made his way through the foyer and into a larger space beyond as though he'd walk through a wall rather than allow himself to be diverted to use an inconveniently placed doorway.

Before closing the door, she checked lest others were arriving. As the street seemed, still, a bit preternaturally quiet, she shut the door quietly and, pondering for a moment, closed any obvious latch or bolt.

The many curios and objects of interest in the store immediately clamored for her attention. Though she'd been obliged to use her skills to purloin any number of coins and curiosities over the past few weeks, she wasn't a kleptomaniac. Oh, she admitted that the challenge of the act was intoxicating and, possibly, addicting, but whilst she pondered any number of meals so near to hand, she firmly resisted the temptation. Besides, there were far too many inquisitive eyes.

The others looked like the fabled parted sea ... no doubt from the passing of the one she originally thought of as the Cautious One, but whom she might now label "The Cutwater." He seemed to have strode past The Strong Woman - Valerica - and around the shop counter into a room beyond: maybe at an invitation, perhaps on his own initiative?

She made a closer inspection of the others as they turned to follow The Cutwater into the room beyond,

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask
  • The Esoteric Man (whose eyes - and that of the raven - she noted with interest: was he the Card harrower?)

Caltrix examined this room closely, most immediately for any means of egress. One always sought for ways into and out of a place.

The Cutwater was already seated ... impatiently so, or, at least, so he made it appear. This pose of a brusque facade might be as much of a mask as that worn by the theatrical one. He had selected his seat wisely to surveil the room. Caltrix looked at the chairs ... well, one could hardly expect a halfling-sized bit of furniture. Her people only constituted 3% of the Korvosan population (though prominent in the shipping industry).

She glanced about, finally spotting a pair of finely embroidered cushions: she walked around next to The Cutwater; adroitly hopped up (she was used to doing so); placed her cushions; and sat; purposely flashing a smile at the painted face adjacent.

PS Late Add: Would like to make some sort of Lore Check to recognize the figures on the tapestries. I'm not a big fan of rolling all four of arcana/nature/occultism/religion in hopes of a good roll, so I'll try Occultism here, albeit with only a +2 modifier. I doubt any of my three specific lore subjects would apply. -- well, meh.

OOC

PS @Thramzorean  so your familiar is now with you (descended from #6 Lancet St.)?

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask
  • The Esoteric Man (whose eyes - and that of the raven - she noted with interest: was he the Card harrower?)

The Cutwater was already seated ... impatiently so, or, at least, so he made it appear. This pose of a brusque facade might be as much of a mask as that worn by the theatrical one. He had selected his seat wisely to surveil the room. Caltrix looked at the chairs ... well, one could hardly expect a halfling-sized bit of furniture. Her people only constituted 3% of the Korvosan population (though prominent in the shipping industry).

She glanced about, finally spotting a pair of finely embroidered cushions: she walked around next to The Cutwater; adroitly hopped up (she was used to this); placed her cushions; and sat; purposely flashing a smile at the painted face adjacent.

PS Late Add: Would like to make some sort of Lore Check to recognize the figures on the tapestries. I'm not a bit fan of rolling all four of arcana/nature/occultism/religion in hopes of a good roll, so I'll try Occultism here, albeit with only a +2 modifier. I doubt any of my three specific lore subjects would apply. -- well, meh.

OOC

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

The many curios and objects of interest in the store immediately clamored for her attention. Though she'd been obliged to use her skills to purloin any number of coins and curiosities over the past few weeks, it was not her nature to view petty theft as de rigour. Oh, she admitted that the challenge of the act was intoxicating and, possibly, addicting, but whilst she pondered any number of meals so near to hand, she firmly resisted the temptation. Besides, there were far too many inquisitive eyes.

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask

She glanced about, finally spotting a pair of finely embroidered cushions: she walked around next to The Cutwater; adroitly hopped up (she was used to this); placed her cushions; and sat; purposely flashing a smile at the painted face adjacent.

PS Late Add: Would like to make some sort of Lore Check to recognize the figures on the tapestries. I'm not a bit fan of rolling all four of arcana/nature/occultism/religion in hopes of a good roll, so I'll try Occultism here, albeit with only a +2 modifier. I doubt any of my three specific lore subjects would apply.

OOC

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

The many curios and objects of interest in the store immediately clamored for her attention. Though she'd been obliged to use her skills to purloin any number of coins and curiosities over the past few weeks, it was not her nature to view petty theft as de rigour. Oh, she admitted that the challenge of the act was intoxicating and, possibly, addicting, but whilst she pondered any number of meals so near to hand, she firmly resisted the temptation. Besides, there were far too many inquisitive eyes.

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask

OOC

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask
  • The Esoteric Man (whose eyes she noted with interest: was he the Card harrower?)

OOC

I'm assuming that Caltrix cannot yet see Lira

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask
  • The Esoteric Man (whose eyes she noted with interest: was he the Card harrower?)

The Cutwater was already seated ... impatiently so, or, at least, so he made it appear. This pose might be as much of a mask as that worn by the theatrical one. He had selected his seat wisely to surveil the room. Caltrix looked at the chairs ... well, one could hardly expect a halfling-sized bit of furniture. Her people only constituted 3% of the Korvosan population (though prominent in the shipping industry).

OOC

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

The others looked like the fabled parted sea ... no doubt from the passing of the one she originally thought of as the Cautious One, but whom she might now label "The Cutwater." He seemed to have gone past the shop counter into a room beyond: maybe at an invitation, perhaps on his own initiative?

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask

The Cutwater was already seated ... impatiently so, or, at least, so he made it appear. This pose might be as much of a mask as that worn by the theatrical one. He had selected his seat wisely to surveil the room. Caltrix looked at the chairs ... well, one could hardly expect a halfling-sized bit of furniture. Her people only constituted 3% of the Korvosan population (though prominent in the shipping industry).

OOC

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

The others looked like the fabled parted sea ... no doubt from the passing of the one she originally thought of as the Cautious One, but whom she might now label "The Cutwater." He seemed to have gone past the shop counter into a room beyond: maybe at an invitation, perhaps on his own initiative?

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask

The Cutwater was already seated ... impatiently so, or, at least, so he made it appear. This pose might be as much of a mask as that worn by the theatrical one. He had selected his seat wisely to surveil the room. Caltrix looked at the chairs ... well, one could hardly expect a halfling sized bit of furniture. Her people only constituted 3% of the Korvosan population.

She glanced about finally spotting a pair of finely embroidered cushions: she walked around next to The Cutwater; adroitly hopped up (she was used to this); placed her cushions; and sat; purposely flashing a smile at the painted face adjacent.

OOC

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask

The Cutwater was already seated ... impatiently so, or, at least, so he made it appear. This pose might be as much of a mask as that worn by the theatrical one. He had selected his seat wisely to surveil the room. Caltrix looked at the chairs ... well, one could hardly expect a halfling sized bit of furniture. Her people only constituted 3% of the Korvosan population.

She glanced about finally spotting a pair of finely embroidered cushions: she walked around next to The Cutwater; adroitly hopped up (she was used to this); placed her cushions; and sat; purposely flashing a smile at the painted face adjacent.

She wondered what, if any impact, this gambit would effect?

OOC

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

Caltrix mounted the stairs to the entrance of Zellara's Wonders, 3 Lancet Street, in the wake of the flamboyantly haired half-orc who made his way through the foyer and into a larger space beyond as though he'd walk through a wall rather than allow himself to be diverted to use a doorway.

• The Blue One
  • The Strong Woman
  • The Mask

"Good evening all. My name is Ionacu."

The Cutwater was already seated ... impatiently so, or, at least, so he made it appear. It might be as much of a mask as that worn by the theatrical one. He had selected his seat wisely to surveil the room. Caltrix looked at the chairs ... well, one could hardly expect a halfling sized bit of furniture. Her people only constituted 3% of the Korvosan population.

She looked about finally spotting a pair of finely embroidered cushions: she walked around next to The Cutwater; adroitly hopped up (she was used to this); placed her cushions; and sat; purposely flashing a smile at the painted face adjacent.

She wondered what, if any impact, this gambit would effect?

OOC

ACTIONS