Edit History

Tsunami1768

Tsunami1768

5 hours ago, bwatford said:

The only time a post gets mangled by the site being flex is when a user creates a table or image, etc and hardcodes it to a pixels size beyond what a phone can handle. Tables should be set to 100% width and no more than two column if you want it to look right on mobile. 

When used properly Baldr makes posting and viewing across all devices easy and simple to do. I to had to learn to avoid complex tables and find other approaches that work other than how we designed on ogmw.

All modern design is done by flexible design now and a lot of the older design is not used anymore.

See my post below for an example of a formatted app that flexes to look correct regardless of screen size or device.

https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/365-bwatfords-fancier-format-examples/&do=findComment&comment=9079

This will surely take some getting used to. It's like art, when I design something I like it to resemble what I crafted, lol..

But yes understandable,  I can use the  "view desk top site" option on my phone if needed but I'm sure I can adapt and overcome the challenges about learning more of this web site coding stuff. 

OGMW was and is very is easy for me to DM on/create posts/make edits and whatever else I needed to do via my phone. 

I feel like I have to go take some college courses or get a certificate in some programming course atm, this is not going to be an easy win.

I can come over your house @bwatford and you can teach me the ways! 😁

spacer.png

Tsunami1768

Tsunami1768

The only time a post gets mangled by the site being flex is when a user creates a table or image, etc and hardcodes it to a pixels size beyond what a phone can handle. Tables should be set to 100% width and no more than two column if you want it to look right on mobile. 

When used properly Baldr makes posting and viewing across all devices easy and simple to do. I to had to learn to avoid complex tables and find other approaches that work other than how we designed on ogmw.

All modern design is done by flexible design now and a lot of the older design is not used anymore.

See my post below for an example of a formatted app that flexes to look correct regardless of screen size or device.

https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/365-bwatfords-fancier-format-examples/&do=findComment&comment=9079

This will surely take some getting used to. It's like art, when I design something I like it to resemble what I crafted, lol..

But yes understandable,  I can use the  "view desk top site" option on my phone if needed but I'm sure I can adapt and overcome the challenges about learning more of this web site coding stuff. 

OGMW was and is very is easy for me to DM on/create posts/make edit and whatever else I needed to do via my phone. 

I feel like I have to go take some college courses or get a certificate in some programming course atm, this is not going to be an easy win.

spacer.png

Tsunami1768

Tsunami1768

OGMW was and is very is for me to DM on/create posts/make edit and whatever else I needed to do via my phone. 

spacer.png