Edit History

Nina Veldii - a.k.a. Steel Nina Twi'lek Backwater Bounty Hunter

Init +3 | Perception +7 (Low-light Vision) | Basic, Ryl, Huttese, Bocce | Persuasion +3 | Deception +8 | Gather Info +8 | Stealth +13 | Deceptive | Seducer

Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 15 | HP 41/41 | DT 18 | CT 0 -1 -2 -5 -10 H | FP 6/6 |TFP 0/1 | Credits 235 | Sport Hunter | Point Blank Shot | Improved Stealth | Precise Shot

SteelNinaTwilekAIRendering.jpg.6c39a2b1fb4f3e9edff48464c5d58e2e.jpgNina nodded approvingly to the Viceroy's information about Kessra and her gang. Most of it she had already surmised, but confirmation was always appreciated. "I don't like her either," she agreed. "You should go now," she told the neimoidian, "hide in some other part of the cantina until we come back with the rest of your payment."

After the Viceroy's departure, the twi'lek turned to her companions, her voice pleasantly thoughtful, speaking to herself as much as the others. "I think I'm going outside to have a word with Kessra. Mostly, I need to ascertain her relationship to the Hutt."

Nina strummed a pleasant chord on the yookoo'lele, her words speculative as she developed her deception. "Our cover story goes like this. I'm one of the hutt's all-time favorite slaves: a singing dancing sensation, and an effective negotiator and envoy."

She looked to her companions, her words coming more confidently. "If Kessra is allied with or employed by the Hutt, the rest of the story goes like this. I was stolen years ago--before the hutt came to this planet--by one of his rivals. All of you rescued me from the rival, I told you who I was and my relationship to the hutt, and you decided there might be a reward for returning me. But of course, we would never tell lowlifes like the Vipers about this stuff, because they'd likely take me and claim the reward for themselves."

Nina waited for at least a few head-nods of confirmation before continuing. "And if Kessra is the Hutt's enemy or competitor, the rest of the story instead goes like this. I wasn't stolen years ago--I was given to a rival in order to close an important deal. The rest of you rescued me from the rival. I told you who I was and my relationship to the hutt. But years of mistreatment by the rival filled me with cold hatred for the hutt. Now I want payback. Happily for all of you, I know things about the hutt; and before I was sold out, I'd taken precautions--an insurance policy so to speak. Maybe I planted a backdoor into his chief security droid's software, maybe I know an override password to his main treasure safe, maybe his majordomo was in love with me. Whatever the details, they were good enough to convince the rest of you that we can sneak in to the hutt's hidey-hole, wreck his security, rob him blind, and get away."

"But regardless of which story we use, we're just here on the planet looking for the Hutt, not really sharing why. If pressed we might say something vague, like, we have a gift for him. And if our backs are pushed to the wall and we've got no other choice, we'll tell the vipers our secret. And if we chose the wrong story and they react poorly, we'll switch to the other story."

The twilek looked to her companions. She guessed she'd produced much more cover story than some of them thought necessary. But deception ran in her blood, and she'd been trained in the art--furthering her natural talent. That thought took her back to her days at the Training House, she could almost hear Iya Igba's lecturing tone. A well-crafted deception includes three key features. First, it increases your power over the target or situation. Second, it is easily adaptable to the evolving situation. And third, when fully revealed, it explains to those who might have sensed your dishonesty why you were withholding the truth, easing their suspicions.

The steel-blue female surreptitiously drew her concealed holdout slugthrower pistol and tucked it into her belt at her toned belly--beneath the edge of the table. Turning to Remy, she asked, "Will you watch my pack and chuq-chuk while I go out there?"

At the droid's response, she address everyone at the table. "So do some of you need to get into position before I go out there? Or do I go out there to draw their attention so that you can get into position?"

With the plans finalized, Nina rose from the table, softly picking the strings of her yookoo'lele--which now concealed the hold-out pistol at her belly. The sounds were both soothing and perky--like windswept raindrops pinging against the corrugated durasteel rooftops of frontier planets.

OOC

Main Hand -

Off Hand -

Actions

Action: Persuasion check to smooth over any possible bad impression that may have resulted from Tetra's "all look alike" joke.

Swift Action

Move Action

Possible Reaction

Effects/Conditions

Statblock

Twi'lek Female Scout 2 Scoundrel 1

Destiny Points 0 Dark Side Score 0

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 14

Skills Athletics +6, Deception +8, Gather Information +8, Perception +7, Stealth +13/+18, Survival +7

Speed 6

Melee +1 Snap Baton (2d4+1 bludgeoning)

Ranged +4 Chuq-chuk (2d12+2 piercing), +4 Saturday Night Special (3d6+2 piercing)

Equipment

• All-Temperature Outfit (worn): zippered all-temperature low-cut t-shirt, all-temperature stretch pants, all-temperature crop jacket with hood in large zippered collar, all-temperature stretch neck gaiter (in jacket pocket), all-temperature gloves, all-temperature hiking boots, polarized sunglasses (in jacket pocket)
  • Camouflage Poncho
  • [Female Twi'lek] Earbud Comlink (concealed in ear: DC 33 Perception check to spot)
  • Hypoinjector Wristband (worn)
  • Miniatureized Survival Knife (sheathed on thigh)
    • Fire Paste (in miniaturized survival knife hilt)
  • Hip Holster (concealed in field kit pack)
    • Chuq-Chuk (concealed in musical instrument case)
      • Retractable Stock
      • Bipod
      • Rangefinder
      • Targeting Scope
  • Concealed Shoulder Holster
    • Saturday Night Special (DC 23 Perception check to spot)
  • Cotsum Synth-Leather Utility Belt
    • Pocket 1: Snap Baton
    • Pocket 2: Flash Suppressor/Silencer, Medisensor, Recording Unit: Audio & Video
    • Pocket 3: Half a roll of Mesh Tape, , Liquid Cable Dispenser
    • Pocket 4: Ammo Clip (20 rounds), Ammo Clip (20 stun rounds), Ammo Clip (10 rounds)
    • Pocket 5: makeup kit, hygiene kit, perfume
    • Pocket 6: Ration Pack x3, Personal Multitool
    • Pocket 7: Medpac, Antitoxin Patch
    • Pocket 8: Flash Canister
    • Pocket 9: Smoke Grenade
    • Hooked on Belt: 1 liter condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
  • Lectro Yookoo'Lele (in carrying case on shoulder strap)
  • Field Kit (on ship)
    • condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
    • sunshield roll
    • ration packs x28
    • glowrod x2
    • breath mask x2, filter x24, atmospheric canister x12
    • synthrope
    • survival knife
    • half a roll of mesh tape
  • Backpack (from Field Kit)
    • twi'lek dancing girl (entertainer's) outfits
    • formal dress
    • casual clothes
    • dancing slippers

Nina Veldii - a.k.a. Steel Nina Twi'lek Backwater Bounty Hunter

Init +3 | Perception +7 (Low-light Vision) | Basic, Ryl, Huttese, Bocce | Persuasion +3 | Deception +8 | Gather Info +8 | Stealth +13 | Deceptive | Seducer

Fort 18 | Ref 17 | Will 15 | HP 41/41 | DT 18 | CT 0 -1 -2 -5 -10 H | FP 6/6 |TFP 0/1 | Credits 235 | Sport Hunter | Point Blank Shot | Improved Stealth | Precise Shot

SteelNinaTwilekAIRendering.jpg.6c39a2b1fb4f3e9edff48464c5d58e2e.jpgNina nodded approvingly to the Viceroy's information about Kessra and her gang. Most of it she had already surmised, but confirmation was always appreciated. "I don't like her either," she agreed. "You should go now, she told the neimoidian, "hide in some other part of the cantina until we come back with the rest of your payment."

After the Viceroy's departure, the twi'lek turned to her companions, her voice pleasantly thoughtful, speaking to herself as much as the others. "I think I'm going outside to have a word with Kessra. Mostly, I need to ascertain her relationship to the Hutt."

Nina strummed a pleasant chord on the yookoo'lele, her words speculative as she developed her deception. "Our cover story goes like this. I'm one of the hutt's all-time favorite slaves: a singing dancing sensation, and an effective negotiator and envoy."

She looked to her companions, her words coming more confidently. "If Kessra is allied with or employed by the Hutt, the rest of the story goes like this. I was stolen years ago--before the hutt came to this planet--by one of his rivals. All of you rescued me from the rival, I told you who I was and my relationship to the hutt, and you decided there might be a reward for returning me. But of course, we would never tell lowlifes like the Vipers about this stuff, because they'd likely take me and claim the reward for themselves."

Nina waited for at least a few head-nods of confirmation before continuing. "And if Kessra is the Hutt's enemy or competitor, the rest of the story instead goes like this. I wasn't stolen years ago--I was given to a rival in order to close an important deal. The rest of you rescued me from the rival. I told you who I was and my relationship to the hutt. But years of mistreatment by the rival filled me with cold hatred for the hutt. Now I want payback. Happily for all of you, I know things about the hutt; and before I was sold out, I'd taken precautions--an insurance policy so to speak. Maybe I planted a backdoor into his chief security droid's software, maybe I know an override password to his main treasure safe, maybe his majordomo was in love with me. Whatever the details, they were good enough to convince the rest of you that we can sneak in to the hutt's hidey-hole, wreck his security, rob him blind, and get away."

"But regardless of which story we use, we're just here on the planet looking for the Hutt, not really sharing why. If pressed we might say something vague, like, we have a gift for him. And if our backs are pushed to the wall and we've got no other choice, we'll tell the vipers our secret. And if we chose the wrong story and they react poorly, we'll switch to the other story."

The twilek looked to her companions. She guessed she'd produced much more cover story than some of them thought necessary. But deception ran in her blood, and she'd been trained in the art--furthering her natural talent. That thought took her back to her days at the Training House, she could almost hear Iya Igba's lecturing tone. A well-crafted deception includes three key features. First, it increases your power over the target or situation. Second, it is easily adaptable to the evolving situation. And third, when fully revealed, it explains to those who might have sensed your dishonesty why you were withholding the truth, easing their suspicions.

The steel-blue female surreptitiously drew her concealed holdout slugthrower pistol and tucked it into her belt at her toned belly--beneath the edge of the table. Turning to Remy, she asked, "Will you watch my pack and chuq-chuk while I go out there?"

At the droid's response, she address everyone at the table. "So do some of you need to get into position before I go out there? Or do I go out there to draw their attention so that you can get into position?"

With the plans finalized, Nina rose from the table, softly picking the strings of her yookoo'lele--which now concealed the hold-out pistol at her belly. The sounds were both soothing and perky--like windswept raindrops pinging against the corrugated durasteel rooftops of frontier planets.

OOC

Main Hand -

Off Hand -

Actions

Action: Persuasion check to smooth over any possible bad impression that may have resulted from Tetra's "all look alike" joke.

Swift Action

Move Action

Possible Reaction

Effects/Conditions

Statblock

Twi'lek Female Scout 2 Scoundrel 1

Destiny Points 0 Dark Side Score 0

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 14

Skills Athletics +6, Deception +8, Gather Information +8, Perception +7, Stealth +13/+18, Survival +7

Speed 6

Melee +1 Snap Baton (2d4+1 bludgeoning)

Ranged +4 Chuq-chuk (2d12+2 piercing), +4 Saturday Night Special (3d6+2 piercing)

Equipment

• All-Temperature Outfit (worn): zippered all-temperature low-cut t-shirt, all-temperature stretch pants, all-temperature crop jacket with hood in large zippered collar, all-temperature stretch neck gaiter (in jacket pocket), all-temperature gloves, all-temperature hiking boots, polarized sunglasses (in jacket pocket)
  • Camouflage Poncho
  • [Female Twi'lek] Earbud Comlink (concealed in ear: DC 33 Perception check to spot)
  • Hypoinjector Wristband (worn)
  • Miniatureized Survival Knife (sheathed on thigh)
    • Fire Paste (in miniaturized survival knife hilt)
  • Hip Holster (concealed in field kit pack)
    • Chuq-Chuk (concealed in musical instrument case)
      • Retractable Stock
      • Bipod
      • Rangefinder
      • Targeting Scope
  • Concealed Shoulder Holster
    • Saturday Night Special (DC 23 Perception check to spot)
  • Cotsum Synth-Leather Utility Belt
    • Pocket 1: Snap Baton
    • Pocket 2: Flash Suppressor/Silencer, Medisensor, Recording Unit: Audio & Video
    • Pocket 3: Half a roll of Mesh Tape, , Liquid Cable Dispenser
    • Pocket 4: Ammo Clip (20 rounds), Ammo Clip (20 stun rounds), Ammo Clip (10 rounds)
    • Pocket 5: makeup kit, hygiene kit, perfume
    • Pocket 6: Ration Pack x3, Personal Multitool
    • Pocket 7: Medpac, Antitoxin Patch
    • Pocket 8: Flash Canister
    • Pocket 9: Smoke Grenade
    • Hooked on Belt: 1 liter condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
  • Lectro Yookoo'Lele (in carrying case on shoulder strap)
  • Field Kit (on ship)
    • condensing canteen w/built-in water purification
    • sunshield roll
    • ration packs x28
    • glowrod x2
    • breath mask x2, filter x24, atmospheric canister x12
    • synthrope
    • survival knife
    • half a roll of mesh tape
  • Backpack (from Field Kit)
    • twi'lek dancing girl (entertainer's) outfits
    • formal dress