Edit History

Raistlinmc

Raistlinmc

I just read (and taught) Dawn, by Elie Wiesel, for the first time and really enjoyed it. He's much more famous for his autobiography Night, of course, but I actually like Dawn more since I'm much more of a fiction guy in general. Essentially, the novel follows an alternative version of the author himself after WWII, but instead of becoming a peace activist and writer (as Wiesel did in real life), the main character Elisha becomes an Israeli freedom fighter. The whole story takes place over the course of one night as the protagonist weighs his charge of executing a prisoner at dawn. It's a quick read - under a 100 pages - and if you like historical fiction at all, I recommend it highly.

Raistlinmc

Raistlinmc

I just read (and taught) Dawn by Elie Wiesel for the first time and really enjoyed it. He's much more famous for his autobiography Night, of course, but I actually like Dawn more since I'm much more of a fiction guy in general. Essentially, the novel follows an alternative version of the author himself after WWII, but instead of becoming a peace activist and writer (as Wiesel did in real life), the main character Elisha becomes an Israeli freedom fighter. The whole story takes place over the course of one night as the protagonist weighs his charge of executing a prisoner at dawn. It's a quick read - under a 100 pages - and if you like historical fiction at all, I recommend it highly.