Edit History

codexgigas

codexgigas

token_1.png.451fa62d12c0f2185636025bbfd5d519.pngArlo Thistleknott

Kender Entertainer Arcane Trickster Rogue

AC: 16 (Studded Leather) | HP: 48/48 | Speed: 40 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17, Insight 14, Investigation 15
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 18 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Kenderpseak, and Thieves' Cant

Arlo smiles cheerfully at Fairla and Rakath. "It's always wonderful to meet new friends! Don't worry about not having seen Uncle Trapspringer; no one else has either. I'm sure he's fine. He's a very capable Kender, and I know he wouldn't leave home without his lockpicks. My cousin Pricklypear thought he might be in Hylo, so I just took a trip there to find him. He wasn't there, but I did meet some cousins that I didn't know I had, so it was a very good trip."

Arlo rummages in his backpack as he speaks. He pulls out a battered-looking book, which he places carefully on the bar in front of Fairla. It's immediately obvious that this "spellbook" is unlike any other that she has ever seen. The pages are dog-eared and tattered. Various makeshift bookmarks bulge out from between the covers. Fairla sees numerous leaves, pressed wildflowers, and shells marking points in the book. There is a mysterious stain on the front cover. When she opens the book, it is filled with a childish scrawl that wanders over every page. Arlo has tried to mimic the magical runes that wizards use to write their spells, but most of the runes are complete nonsense. The few actual runes are consistently misused. The margins of the pages are filled with various doodles. As she pages through the book, there is a set of images of a Kender and an old man with a beard riding a unicorn together. They are depicted having various adventures, and the words "best friends" are written below each doodle. It seems like Arlo has been drawing pictures of himself and Par-Salian.

Meanwhile, Arlo studies Fairla's spellbook. As he concentrates, the tip of his tongue peeks out of his mouth. His brow furrows as he fails to understand anything he reads. "That's funny. I can't understand anything in here. When I found the spellbook that Black Robe lost in the Inn of the Last Home, I could read her spells. I didn't keep the book, Fairla, don't worry. That would be wrong. She didn't come back for it, so I took it to Par-Salian for safe keeping. He promised me that he knew who she was and that he would make sure she got it back. He's a White Robe, like you are, so I knew I could trust him." He hands the spellbook back to Fairla with some reluctance. He loves puzzles, and Fairla's spellbook seems like a wonderful puzzle to solve.

"I've never heard that rhyme before," Arlo tells Rakath. "I didn't know that the gods still sent messages. I tried to talk to Nuitari once, but Par-Salian told me that he doesn't really care for Kender. I'd love to meet a god. I don't think Corbin knows any, though. If he does, he hasn't introduced me to them, which is awfully rude of him, because he is my familiar. I summoned him with a spell and he came to me. Watch what he can do!" Arlo waves his hand, dismissing Corbin, who pops out of view. A few seconds later, the crow appears perchd on Arlo's other shoulder.

"How did you become a knight?" he asks Rakath. "I've never met an elf who's a knight before. Do you like being a Knight of Solamnia? Are you allowed to tell jokes? All the knights I've met never seem impressed with the jokes I tell them. I bet it's really fun to be a knight. Probably not as much fun as being a wizard, but no one ever tries to put knights in jail, do they? Everyone tries to round us Kender up to 'stop you from causing mischief.'" Arlo imitates a gruff human voice. "I would never cause mischief. I'm a very respectable Kender. My Uncle Trapspringer is the most famous Kender ever, after all. You do meet the most interesting people in jail though, and some of them have surprisingly good food. I hear good things about Kalaman's jail. It's a recommended destination for Kender with wanderlust. My grandmother told me, 'Arlo, you have to spend at least a night in Kalaman's jail. It's the nicest one in Ansalon.'"

OOC

Taunt: 3/3
Spell Slots: 3/3 1st Level

codexgigas

codexgigas

token_1.png.451fa62d12c0f2185636025bbfd5d519.pngArlo Thistleknott

Kender Entertainer Arcane Trickster Rogue

AC: 16 (Studded Leather) | HP: 48/48 | Speed: 40 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17, Insight 14, Investigation 15
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 18 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Kenderpseak, and Thieves' Cant

Arlo smiles cheerfully at Fairla and Rakath. "It's always wonderful to meet new friends! Don't worry about not having seen Uncle Trapspringer; no one else has either. I'm sure he's fine. He's a very capable Kender, and I know he wouldn't leave home without his lockpicks. My cousin Pricklypear thought he might be in Hylo, so I just took a trip there to find him. He wasn't there, but I did meet some cousins that I didn't know I had, so it was a very good trip."

Arlo rummages in his backpack as he speaks. He pulls out a battered-looking book, which he places carefully on the bar in front of Fairla. It's immediately obvious that this "spellbook" is unlike any other that she has ever seen. The pages are dog-eared and tattered. Various makeshift bookmarks bulge out from between the covers. Fairla sees numerous leaves, pressed wildflowers, and shells marking points in the book. There is a mysterious stain on the front cover. When she opens the book, it is filled with a childish scrawl that wanders over every page. Arlo has tried to mimic the magical runes that wizards use to write their spells, but most of the runes are complete nonsense. The few actual runes are consistently misused. The margins of the pages are filled with various doodles. As she pages through the book, there is a set of images of a Kender and an old man with a beard riding a unicorn together. They are depicted having various adventures, and the words "best friends" are written below each doodle. It seems like Arlo has been drawing pictures of himself and Par-Salian.

Meanwhile, Arlo studies Fairla's spellbook.

OOC

Taunt: 3/3
Spell Slots: 3/3 1st Level