Edit History

RagallachMC

RagallachMC

Vigdan 'The Dog' Luchen, Variant Human Smuggler Scout Rogue

smuggler11.png.47f1780fa209335b172a3fa86207fa7c.png

Name: Vigdan 'The Dog' Luchen

Character Concept: A smuggler working the waters and forests near Kalaman caught up in a war and trying to protect those he cares about.

Race, Background, Subclass Class: Variant Human, Smuggler, Scout, Rogue

Description: Vigdan has a tanned, shaved head with a neatly trimmed goatee. He has deep set, brown eyes and a prominent Solamnic nose. His build is lean and athletic and his height is average for a human male. He typically wears a set of waxed clothing in various shades of brown and green and a short grey cloak.

Quiet and careful is how he has made his way through life and that is how he carries himself. Some would say he is cold, but those that know him well know he has a good heart.

Your Character’s Plothook: Working the waterways of the Vingaard River as a smuggler, Vigdan has connections in all of the towns near Kalaman and looks for opportunities to make coin. The Kingfisher festival in Vogler was one such opportunity. Bringing a selection of luxury goods, foodstuffs and fine brandy hidden in baskets of fish, Vigdan was able to sneak these items right under the nose of Wharfinger Upton, the Dockmaster at Vogler. He decides to stay and enjoy the festival and spend some of his new coins. When the town is attacked, He fights to protect the people of Vogler and himself and puts arrows into several of the reptilian attackers. Although his boat is small, only a double sized rowboat, he's able to rescue 4 Vogler villagers, rowing like the 2nd Cataclysm is on his tail. Back in Kalaman, he knows that the Dragon Army won't stop. They'll come to Kalaman soon. His mother and younger sister live near the docks. He was just a smuggler, but he knew the area well. Maybe he could help?

Past is Prologue: Born to a family of fisherfolk in the Solamnic city of Kalaman, Vigdan grew up working the river and bay with his Da. His Da taught him all that he knew of the waters and of the secret coves and inlets. Their family was poor, but they never seemed to want for things. When Vigdan was 17, his Da disappeared. Their boat was still tied up, but he was gone. His body washed up in the Bay several days later. He had been stabbed in the back. The family was devastated. Vigdan knew he would have to support the family now. He took their boat out onto the water for the first time and found a small pouch of gold under the seat of the double rowboat. Asking around to his Da's friends and other fishers, Vigdan learned that day that his father supplemented his income with off the books shipping. His Da was a smuggler, and that's probably what got him killed.. With the pressure of supporting his mother and baby sister Vigdan began to do the same, despite the danger. Using all the hiding spots his Da had shown him and using tricks of his own, he began to ship goods into Kalaman and neighboring towns without paying duties. It's been five years since his Da died, and Vigdan still doesn't know why he was killed. He's built a small, but prosperous smuggling business.

Truths, Rumors, and Lies:

1. [True Rumor] He has 'friends' in the Kalaman militia. Some of them look the other way at his business dealings.
  2. [False Rumor] He has connections in Nightlund that can get items that are forbidden by the Solamnic Knights.
  3. [True or False Rumor] They call him 'The Dog' because he once stole a prized pedigree hound from a Solamnic noble in Kalaman and smuggled it to another noble in Palanthas

Include at least two of the following in your application:
Is Might Right? *Laughs* 'The only people who care about that question are those with might or those trying to get it. Let them fight for it. The rest of us will go about our lives.
The Knights that run Kalaman are mighty, but they are not a bad lot. A little snooty and stuck up for me, but they run things fair. If they didn't, well, they'd have a whole city full of people looking to use their might to make things right. I guess thats the real answer. As long as everybody gets a fair shot, then the ones at top are Right.'

Deity: 'I'm not very religious. I say a prayer to Shinare when I'm setting forth on a trip, so that good coins will come my way. Mostly, I just pray to Habbakuk for calm waters and for good fishing for my Ma and sister.'

Connections: Vigdan's Ma (Ashlan) and his young sister (Korinna) live in a small fishing shack near the docks of Kalaman.

Someone murdered Vigdan's father and he doesn't know who or why. Is that person still out there?

RagallachMC

RagallachMC

Character Concept: A smuggler working the waters and forests near Kalaman caught up in a war and trying to protect those he cares about.

Description: Vigdan has a tanned, shaved head with a neatly trimmed goatee. He has deep set, brown eyes and a prominent Solamnic nose. His build is lean and athletic and his height is average for a human male. He typically wears a set of waxed clothing in various shades of brown and green and a short grey cloak.

Quiet and careful is how he has made his way through life and that is how he carries himself. Some would say he is cold, but those that know him well know he has a good heart.

Your Character’s Plothook: Working the waterways of the Vingaard River as a smuggler, Vigdan has connections in all of the towns near Kalaman and looks for opportunities to make coin. The Kingfisher festival in Vogler was one such opportunity. Bringing a selection of luxury goods, foodstuffs and fine brandy hidden in baskets of fish, Vigdan was able to sneak these items right under the nose of Wharfinger Upton, the Dockmaster at Vogler. He decides to stay and enjoy the festival and spend some of his new coins. When the town is attacked, He fights to protect the people of Vogler and himself and puts arrows into several of the reptilian attackers. Although his boat is small, only a double sized rowboat, he's able to rescue 4 Vogler villagers, rowing like the 2nd Cataclysm is on his tail. Back in Kalaman, he knows that the Dragon Army won't stop. They'll come to Kalaman soon. His mother and younger sister live near the docks. He was just a smuggler, but he knew the area well. Maybe he could help?

Past is Prologue: Born to a family of fisherfolk in the Solamnic city of Kalaman, Vigdan grew up working the river and bay with his Da. His Da taught him all that he knew of the waters and of the secret coves and inlets. Their family was poor, but they never seemed to want for things. When Vigdan was 17, his Da disappeared. Their boat was still tied up, but he was gone. His body washed up in the Bay several days later. He had been stabbed in the back. The family was devastated. Vigdan knew he would have to support the family now. He took their boat out onto the water for the first time and found a small pouch of gold under the seat of the double rowboat. Asking around to his Da's friends and other fishers, Vigdan learned that day that his father supplemented his income with off the books shipping. His Da was a smuggler, and that's probably what got him killed.. With the pressure of supporting his mother and baby sister Vigdan began to do the same, despite the danger. Using all the hiding spots his Da had shown him and using tricks of his own, he began to ship goods into Kalaman and neighboring towns without paying duties. It's been five years since his Da died, and Vigdan still doesn't know why he was killed. He's built a small, but prosperous smuggling business.

1. [True Rumor] He has 'friends' in the Kalaman militia. Some of them look the other way at his business dealings.
  2. [False Rumor] He has connections in Nightlund that can get items that are forbidden by the Solamnic Knights.
  3. [True or False Rumor] They call him 'The Dog' because he once stole a prized pedigree hound from a Solamnic noble in Kalaman and smuggled it to another noble in Palanthas

Is Might Right? *Laughs* 'The only people who care about that question are those with might or those trying to get it. Let them fight for it. The rest of us will go about our lives.
The Knights that run Kalaman are mighty, but they are not a bad lot. A little snooty and stuck up for me, but they run things fair. If they didn't, well, they'd have a whole city full of people looking to use their might to make things right. I guess thats the real answer. As long as everybody gets a fair shot, then the ones at top are Right.'

Deity: 'I'm not very religious. I say a prayer to Shinare when I'm setting forth on a trip, so that good coins will come my way. Mostly, I just pray to Habbakuk for calm waters and for good fishing for my Ma and sister.'

Connections: Vigdan's Ma (Ashlan) and his young sister (Korinna) live in a small fishing shack near the docks of Kalaman.

Someone murdered Vigdan's father and he doesn't know who or why. Is that person still out there?

RagallachMC

RagallachMC