Edit History

RagallachMC

RagallachMC

Smuggler Background

On a rickety barge, you carried a hundred longswords in fish barrels right past the dock master’s oblivious lackeys. You have paddled a riverboat filled with stolen elven wine under the gaze of the moon and sold it for twice its value in the morning. In your more charitable times, you have transported innocents out of war zones or helped guide herd animals to safety on the banks of a burning river.

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Deception
Tool Proficiencies: Vehicles (water)
Languages: One of your choice (Solamnic)
Equipment: A pair of leather boots, A set of common clothes, a leather pouch with 15gp

Feature: Down Low

You are acquainted with a network of smugglers who are willing to help you out of tight situations. While in a particular town, city, or other similarly sized community (DM’s discretion), you and your companions can stay for free in safe houses. Safe houses provide a poor lifestyle. While staying at a safe house, you can choose to keep your presence (and that of your companions) a secret.

Suggested Characteristics

In general, smugglers value survival and then profit, above other things. One could be a part of a larger organization, or might run a small smuggling vessel of their own. Smugglers live the lies they have told, and they have a natural ability to recall all the falsehoods and half-truths they have ever spouted.

Personality Trait
I enjoy doing things others believe to be impossible.

Nothing rattles me; I have a lie for every occasion.

Ideal
People. For all my many lies, I place a high value on friendship.

Bond

I give most of my profits to a charitable cause, and I don't like to brag about it.

Flaw
Few people know the real me.

Source: Ghosts of Saltmarsh