Edit History

jkason

jkason

Some first pass reactions to updates.

Only just starting to read it, but heads up that Daggerheart just released beta v 1.3. Change log link: Change Log

I belive Demi-plane is also meant to update, but was going to read over the changes first before loading Demi-plane to see if the updates automatically applied to characters or not.

Edit: I'll try to take a closer look later, but I did give it a skim for relevant stuff to my character and to try and get an idea of the basic changes. What I found noteworthy in a general sense so far:

* They nixed the "below Minor = Stress" rule, but everyone's starting Minor threshhold dropped to 1, so the only people who really benefit from that change are I think Stalwart Guardians (who still have the text to "raise all threshholds," which I assume includes Minor).

* We get more Armor slots, but armor values dropped, as well (and Breastplate gained a penalty). I also noticed that innate abilities related to armor slots (Orcs and Ridgeborne were the ones I noticed) have been dropped.

* Looking at several ability updates, I suspect they must have gotten feedback about Hope accumulation. A bunch more abilities have become Hope sinks now, like Faerie's Luckbender.

* Advantage and disadvantage changed.

There's a bunch of other stuff confined to specific ancestries / classes / domains, but that looks like the bigger 'this will impact everyone' changes from what I'm seeing.

jkason

jkason

Only just starting to read it, but heads up that Daggerheart just released beta v 1.3. Change log link: Change Log

I belive Demi-plane is also meant to update, but was going to read over the changes first before loading Demi-plane to see if the updates automatically applied to characters or not.