A Hazy Shade of Winter - Fourth Floor

ArcaneDesperado

A man came up from the stairwell, and didn't interfere with John. It was both surprising, as John certainly had no reason to be herespacer.png, and a good sign. It meant going down was possible. The Nosferatu glided away as discreetly as he could.

spacer.pngBenji listened as the head spoke of mortal gibberish. He finally acted and moved toward Hannah and the head, more or less heedless of the rest of the carnage. He moved with purpose and a strange confidence. It was as though he was stronger, tougher, his blood was singing to him and he could feel its power. He strode forth, all 4' nothing of him and crouched so he could speak directly to the woman's head. He didn't really give Hannah any notice as he began speaking. 

"Stop blathering about that bullsh*t. There are more important things to discuss." Benji could feel his beats writhing in his chest, howling for release. Anyone watching might have noticed the wild look in his eye, tinged with the bravado of a school yard bully. "Do you know who Susanna Landry is? Did you and your people have something to do with her going missing?" Through clenched teeth and near blinding anger he continued, stooping down to get right in her ear. "I swear I will pulp what's left of your miserable body if you don't tell me, or maybe we can find a stray mutt to play fetch with. I know I am small but I bet I can toss you a fair distance."

QDiiaEG.pngAngelica blinked a bit in surprise as what appeared to be a small boy approached her and started spewing words laced with venom. 

I...I have no idea who Susanna is.  My people?  What?  

She generally seemed confused. 

We went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie and then went to try and pick up cadets at the City Dock.  Some rich looking pretty guy offered us all a fun time on his boat with alcohol and weed.   That's the last thing I remember! I swear! 

Kieran Fletcher

KieranKieran had decided to skip the third floor after seeing the scuffle going on there. Coming up the stairs to the fourth floor he sheathed his flaming blade, putting it away for now. Though ready for when he needed it, should the evening require it. The heatless flame harmless to the blade and leather, but quite lethal to supernatural creatures. Before stepping into the room he pulled his phone out to see if he had gotten a response from his apprentice yet. Regardless of a response he would step into the fourth floor proper. His pace measured and calm so as not to startle anyone. Looking around carefully at the scene currently unfolding.

Character Status

HEALTH

Bruised            

Bruised             □
Hurt -1             □
Injured -1         □
Wounded -2      □
Mauled -2         □
Crippled -5        □
Incapacitated    □

WILLPOWER
●●●●● ○○○○○
□□□□□ □□□□□

BLOOD POOL
■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■□□□

Blood Per Turn: ■■

Active Powers: None

Actionsnone

Elizabeth rolled her eimage.jpeg.602058f50c80c4b10a562fb7fbded84d.jpegyes. Girl follows complete stranger who offers alcohol and drugs, and ends up dead. One figured the kine would learn eventually. “That’ll teach you. Drugs are bad for you.” The joke sounded lame even to herself, but the situation was getting to Elizabeth. Distasteful though they might be, the Sabbat were opponents they knew how to combat and knew where to find. In the last months, one hadn’t needed to look for them far. One pack or the other was always getting too close the city center. Stone had had his hands full. This was something else entirely, something widespread that killed Kindred out of the blue. The Prince’s angry swearing wasn’t doing much to inspire a level head either.

“Perhaps the MPA* have a record of this boat. There are cameras throughout the port area. If she can provide a description of it, someone ought to check with them.” For the second time this evening, the blonde-haired Malkavian tried to lock eyes with the Tzimisce (Dominate - The Forgetful Mind), this time to probe its mind and sense if it had been tampered with. When one moment a person aims it tendrils at you spouting threats and the next breaks down crying, forgetting everything, something must be off with the ol’ mind. 

There were noises coming up from the stairs. Sounds of a table being upended and was that glass cracking? Then followed a gasp and a long-drawn-out snarl, crazed and unbelievably hungry, …. and was that a voice she recognized?

“What the devil is going on down there?” she asked the bearded stranger who’d conveniently just came up. “It sounds like someone is killing someone.”

* Maryland Port Authority

Edited by Hannah Lane (see edit history)

image.jpeg.f3837347c9f988a7669c38a99d1c1509.jpg.e4ac619544f46ffd87423adc5b7c360a.jpg

The mentioning of Indiana Jones -- the "screw the sword fight and just shoot the guy" guy (an attitude she could agree with far too much of the time) -- clicked in Cate's head, and it started to make the head's sudden flip make much more sense. Of course. Of f*^#$^ course.

"Girl's not going to tell us a thing, not how she is now." She motioned over to the crumbling body of Samantha with the head in her hands. "After that vision crap, that one dried up and now this one can't remember anything past -- what, twenty years ago or so? -- and can't use the legs she was just using? Got a hundred on her being stuck on when she was Embraced. Getting brought back someplace with a promise of booze and drugs sounds too damn close to my own to be anything else. Though I don't know why some of us haven't been affected. Or...we have been and we just don't know how yet. Shit..." she trailed off. The words had come out before she had really had a chance to process them, but saying them out loud...what could she expect to happen to her? Would something else entirely happen, or did her usual luck manage to make her avoid a similar fate of those hit by this...whatever it was? The uncertainty quietly gnawed at her.

"You seem to want her; see if you can get anything useful out of her, I'm out." She handed the head over to the kid (dropping it to the floor if he didn't take it), taking herself out of the situation. The girl was useless to her right now: there wasn't any way she was going to be able to take the head out of here to get answers out of it later, nor did she particularly want to get into the middle of the pissing match Corbin started with his sire by trying to pry too hard, not with all this crap going on. Bigger things to worry about than the Prince possibly having some shading dealings with a Sabbat flunky. And if there was fighting going on elsewhere...she didn't have her knives; it was not a fun prospect, and she felt more than a little exposed without them. Nope. Time to get her shit back and figure out the next step then.

Turning back towards the elevator, she began to make her way back towards the first floor.

Tilda Swinton Is NOT Playing David Bowie In A Biopic Of His Life | Film  News - Conversations About HERAs Elizabeth probed into Angelica's mind, the last memories of the bodiless girl ended at in 1989.  There was no signs of tampering or manipulation.  It was like they just ended. If not for the young Tzimisce's known sire and past, one could argue she had literally time traveled and been dropped here directly after she started getting drunk on the boat at Annapolis City Dock.  University of Maryland. Three other girls. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The Harbor.  Naval Cadets. The man..  He looked like he could have been cosplaying as David Bowie.  The drunken blur.  Her exposed neck.  And the memories stopped like hitting an invisible wall. 

Kieran Fletcher

KieranKieran turned towards the woman who spoke to him. "Seems like one of the side effects of whatever is going on. Seems to cause some kindred to explode, others it looks like it causes them to lose all reason and frenzy. Was the remains of a frenzy on the second floor, with another likely to follow. Though I think the two  down there have it handled." Giving her and the boy with a head a curious looking over. Head shaking a little at the foul magic the Tzimisce had performed on it. He idly debated on whether he should acquire it himself or not. "Who can say what else this night might cause in kindred." Thankfully he and his clan seemed to be relatively unfazed for now. Wondering if it was a product of his clan's creation or wondering if it was perhaps more based on the strength of one's blood.

He glanced over towards the prince and gave him a bow in greeting. "I have come to report about the other floors. The whole building has been effected. Seems the rest of the country as well if my sire is to be believed. Seems it causes one's blood to boil and explode, or frenzy. If it does anything else, I am not sure yet, but the night is still fairly young." Taking careful look around the room and what remained of the prince's court. "But so far, the Sabbat seem to be unlikely as the cause. If it was them, they would have capitalized on folks being knocked out for a few minutes. But not a peep from them."

Character Status

HEALTH

Bruised            

Bruised             □
Hurt -1             □
Injured -1         □
Wounded -2      □
Mauled -2         □
Crippled -5        □
Incapacitated    □

WILLPOWER
●●●●● ○○○○○
□□□□□ □□□□□

BLOOD POOL
■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■□□□

Active Powers: None

Actionsnone

GdPWj6s.jpgThe Prince glanced over to Kieran.  Some of the information was just repeating the information he'd been getting so far from other sources calling in to Solomon or Jordan.  However yet another channel of intelligence wasn't always a bad thing. Especially this sort of incident. 

Whatever this thing is....

Belmont glanced out the broken window at the red sky that was visible from the side of the building they were on. Pointing at it with a finger, beforing turning his gaze back to the Wizard. 

...it doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about political affiliation.  Our network through the state and up into PA, and down into VA, at least the ones we can get ahold of so far can corroborate everyone got hit.  Every Kindred.  From the oldest Elder, to the youngest Caitiff.  Every Clan.  Every Bloodline. 

The Brujah paused for a moment and looked square at Kieran. 

All except the Warlocks... 

His words held heavy in the air for a moment. If Belmont had wanted to physically push the point Kieran could feel, from years of military training , the radiating aggression in the Prince's aura. 

Now... lucky for you I know your Primogen very well.  As well as Kitagawa.  This Court would have collapsed during the Sabbat attacks if not for their coupled financial support and networking.  If there are any sort of hairbrained schemes from the Tremere, it's not something the whole lot is in on.  Now Samuel vouched for you. Not so much on knowing you personally, but more specifically Dehaies from the Washington branch of your chantries little network. So, that in mind I'm giving Samuel's people here the benefit of the doubt for the time being.  Also though if you as an outsider, new to Baltimore,... if you do have anything you know, and aren't telling... I would recommend you spit it out now.  

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

“Oh, brilliant.” Elizabeth said, fruimage.jpeg.602058f50c80c4b10a562fb7fbded84d.jpegstrated. Carefully she extricated herself from Angelica’s mind. “There is nothing since her embrace years ago. No memories at all.” She spoke in an absent voice, brow stuck at half-mast. An unruly lock fell in front of her face like a comma, incredulity evident. “I guess we should leave her in Stone’s care. I can imagine having Bistri’s childe will come in handy ... or not.” She shrugged and tucked the wayward hair behind her ear. “Please stay put for a little while longer, Angelica. Someone will come to look after you.” Elizabeth turned away from the bar and stepped in the direction of the stairs.

Explode? Frenzy? Second floor, the bearded man said.

“The fighting sounds like it comes from the third floor, not the second.” She gave Benjamin a questioning look. “Mercury was there earlier. Do you think he’s alright?”

Carefully again, very much aware that in the tight dress she wouldn’t be going anywhere fast if whoever was snarling down there came after her, Elizabeth put a heeled foot onto the first step. Then the other on the second, trying to catch a glimpse of what was happening one floor down.

Edited by Hannah Lane (see edit history)

Kieran Fletcher

KieranKieran thought a moment at the prince's words. "I assume it is likely the same reason ghouls seem to be unaffected and unaware of what is happening outside. Differences in blood or training. The ghouls on the first floor were unaware of the unusual sky colour and the lunar eclipse." Debating a moment on whether to offer his own opinion on why tremere are not effected, though likely the truth isn't as dangerous as what others have likely come up with for their creations. "Either that, or that fact our clan founders were mortals mages that turned themselves into vampires through a magical ritual." Though he himself could offer no credibility to claims of stolen vitae to fuel such a ritual. "Hence lacking any sort of true progenitor. Is the only difference I can see between us. I did hear talk of some seeing a face when what ever is happening knocked them out." Was a bit of a stab in the dark but he felt it fit with what he had seen and heard, especially what he had eavesdropped from the two malkavians.

He glanced towards Elizabeth a moment. "Like I said, a frenzy is happening. Could be the same person who tore through the second floor. Either way the people on the third floor seem to be handling the situation well." At least warning her of what would await her should she go down there.

Character Status

HEALTH

Bruised            

Bruised             □
Hurt -1             □
Injured -1         □
Wounded -2      □
Mauled -2         □
Crippled -5        □
Incapacitated    □

WILLPOWER
●●●●● ○○○○○
□□□□□ □□□□□

BLOOD POOL
■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■□□□

Active Powers: Flaming Blade - 5 strikes

Heightened Sense - Sight and Hearing

Actionsnone

Edited by Kunakic (see edit history)

image.png.ab5e01d68a3662b0c3b91203625c7271.pngLou nods again as he listens to Randall speak. "Good. You two take care of it. Stay away from 3, I'm headed there now to see if Stone needs any assistance."

He clapped a hand on on his brother's shoulder and nodded. "Take care. We've already lost enough people tonight. Let's keep it at a stable number, yeah?"

He turned away and darted off, his figure blurring with speed. The vitae was coursing through him, singing a song of violence and he had a feeling it was soon going to reach a crescendo. 

He approached the third floor doorway, slowing slightly. He was ready for a fight, but he wasn't going to rush blindly in and get got like some rube.

spacer.pngBenji's anger flared when the head was dropped into his hands. He wanted to crush it or smash it against the wall like an over ripe pumpkin, but Elizabeth's words cut trhough the red haze. 

"How is it that she simply does not know anything? Is it some kind of trick? She has to know... 

He let it go when she spoke of Freddie, "I don't know. Where is Jack and Mary? We may need to check on the lot of them, fighting or no."

GdPWj6s.jpgThe Prince glanced in the direction of the head for a moment, and then to Jordan.  As the other group seemed to quickly tire of it and its currently memory loss the attention on it seemed to allow for someone else to take possession with little argument. The Ventrue Seneschal moved promptly without a word and quickly went to collect the bodiless Tzimesce and get her secured away elsewhere.  Her words of concern and confusion yet again were silenced as a napkin was shoved into her mouth and she was once again shoved into the blood stained pillow case. 

He glanced over to Kieran and the remaining members of the court on the fourth floor. 

It is likely best for everyone to find their way home for the evening.  Court business may be temporarily postponed until we can decide that its safe and these incidents are limited to tonight. We don't know how many more will be dead before the end of tonight, or are already.... 

The Brujah looked over to the remains of Samantha.

Add in the high chance of multiple masquerade breaches occurring tonight....

He sighed and placed a hand to his temple in a similar manner that one would dealing with an oncoming headache despite the inability for such a thing to happen. 

Kieran Fletcher

KieranKieran nods at the princes words. Glancing towards the head and the one who picked it up. "Might be wise to send it to the chantry. They can likely prevent the fiend's sire from finding her with magic." Glancing towards the prince and shaking his head just a little. He did not envy him at the prospect of the breaches to the masquerade were likely to crop up. Preparing to leave he gave the prince a small bow. "I will be taking my leave. Hopefully this is only a single night. Last thing we need is Gehenna to happen to us." With that said he set off towards the exit. Opting for using a fire escape to get to the street rather then going through the building instead. Just in case another vampire fell victim to a frenzy.

Character Status

HEALTH

Bruised            

Bruised             □
Hurt -1             □
Injured -1         □
Wounded -2      □
Mauled -2         □
Crippled -5        □
Incapacitated    □

WILLPOWER
●●●●● ○○○○○