Edit History

Maester1216

Maester1216

Here you are putting the Night Lords to shame. 👍

It's true that against a Horde of Orks fear wouldn't do anything, but I'd argue it could still be useful when engaged against small groups of Orks.

At Fear 3 the Difficulty of the associated Willpower Test is Hard (-20). You'd need at least 3 Orks total within 10 metres of each other to counteract the Difficulty there. More pointedly though base level Ork Boys have rather low Willpower - same even with Meganobs. So you'd need at least a group of say 7 Orks to have odds over 50 of passing the Fear Test, and again they'd need to be in relatively close proximity.

I don't know how prevalent Hordes will be relative to standard enemies, or how powerful base level Orks will be, but in my estimation I think you could still make this work.

On an unrelated note - if you're interested - White Scars can sub out their Combat Knife for a Dueling Tulwar. Deals about the same damage but has the Balanced and Primitive Qualities. More importantly you can make a single Standard Attack as a Free Action with the weapon when using the Defensive Stance Action.

Maester1216

Maester1216

Here you are putting the Night Lords to shame. 👍

It's true that against a Horde of Orks fear wouldn't do anything, but I'd argue it could still be useful when engaged against small groups of Orks.

At Fear 3 the Difficulty of the associated Willpower Test is Hard (-20). You'd need at least 3 Orks total within 10 metres of each other to counteract the Difficulty there. More pointedly though base level Ork Boys have rather low Willpower - same even with Meganobs. So you'd need at least a group of say 7 Orks to have odds over 50 of passing the Fear Test, and again they'd need to be in relatively close proximity.

I don't know how prevalent Hordes will be relative to standard enemies, or how powerful base level Orks will be, but in my estimation I think you could still make this work.