Edit History

luctius

luctius

On 3/25/2024 at 8:05 AM, Maester1216 said:
I don't know how prevalent Hordes will be relative to standard enemies, or how powerful base level Orks will be, but in my estimation I think you could still make this work.

Yeah unfortunately Fear isn't *as* useful against orks, but outside of hordes they're not totally impervious to it, especially a Fear rating of 3. They're also not the only potential enemies the kill-team will be facing, so I think it'd still be quite useful. Extra strength would also be useful for an assault marine, though

I decided to lean a little less into it by changing my Deed: Battle Damage into a Gauntlets of Xirion derivative. Fear(2) is still strong enough when it matter, but that +10WS is too good to pass on..

Scratch that. The fear Idea is too cool

On 3/25/2024 at 8:05 AM, Maester1216 said:
On an unrelated note - if you're interested - White Scars can sub out their Combat Knife for a Dueling Tulwar. Deals about the same damage but has the Balanced and Primitive Qualities. More importantly you can make a single Standard Attack as a Free Action with the weapon when using the Defensive Stance Action.

I must be missing something here, but it doesn't seem that good to me. I mean, a free attack is very good, but it means changing weapons, and it is a primitive weapon with no penetration; It seems to me that that would rarely actually do damage. Am I wrong here?

luctius

luctius

14 hours ago, Maester1216 said:
I don't know how prevalent Hordes will be relative to standard enemies, or how powerful base level Orks will be, but in my estimation I think you could still make this work.

Yeah unfortunately Fear isn't *as* useful against orks, but outside of hordes they're not totally impervious to it, especially a Fear rating of 3. They're also not the only potential enemies the kill-team will be facing, so I think it'd still be quite useful. Extra strength would also be useful for an assault marine, though

I decided to lean a little less into it by changing my Deed: Battle Damage into a Gauntlets of Xirion derivative. Fear(2) is still strong enough when it matter, but that +10WS is too good to pass on..

14 hours ago, Maester1216 said:
On an unrelated note - if you're interested - White Scars can sub out their Combat Knife for a Dueling Tulwar. Deals about the same damage but has the Balanced and Primitive Qualities. More importantly you can make a single Standard Attack as a Free Action with the weapon when using the Defensive Stance Action.

I must be missing something here, but it doesn't seem that good to me. I mean, a free attack is very good, but it means changing weapons, and it is a primitive weapon with no penetration; It seems to me that that would rarely actually do damage. Am I wrong here?