Questions & Chat

Kamishiro_Rin

4 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

As you might have noticed, I've coincidentally allowed a modified version of the aarakokra. I'm just a really big not fan of the Kenku as a player lineage.

That's a shame...they are my favourites

A question while I work on some of the smaller parts of my concept. The Archfey I'm using as my Patron is Verenestra, who in the lore uses a silver mirror as her symbol. I was planing on using a similar mirror as my arcane focus, akin to a wand, but since I plan on going Pact of the Talisman, would you allow it to pull double duty as the talisman?

7 hours ago, Lwmons said:

A question while I work on some of the smaller parts of my concept. The Archfey I'm using as my Patron is Verenestra, who in the lore uses a silver mirror as her symbol. I was planing on using a similar mirror as my arcane focus, akin to a wand, but since I plan on going Pact of the Talisman, would you allow it to pull double duty as the talisman?

Yes. That sounds fine to me.

7 hours ago, MysteriousMiller said:

That's a shame...they are my favourites

Sorry again.

Are we supposed to roll for stats in our application? Don't see it in the adventure overview or the How to Apply post, but many of the applications so far have rolls.

2 hours ago, Falon said:

Are we supposed to roll for stats in our application? Don't see it in the adventure overview or the How to Apply post, but many of the applications so far have rolls.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/clubs/1355-rin’s-storm-king’s-thunder/&do=rules

And up in the FAQ, under rolling for stats.

When do you intend to start the game, I have an extended trip planned, but should easily be able to maintain the required post rate via phone, but as you said it’s less fun on a little screen.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

When do you intend to start the game, I have an extended trip planned, but should easily be able to maintain the required post rate via phone, but as you said it’s less fun on a little screen.

Probably on or before the 8th, but certainly not before the 7th.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cointhief said:

@Kamishiro_Rin How would you feel about some past relationship with the Zhentarim, rather than being a member or associate? Like perhaps my character was trained by them in the past for a time.

I mean . . . I suppose, so long as she's had that "OOOOH! That's why everyone thinks knows they're villains! Why did I ever get in with them!?!?" moment and wants nothing to do with them in the future.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Yeah, along those lines I was thinking like something dark she's trying to forget. A reason to pursue a certain escape from reality...to never let life get that serious again.

On 3/28/2024 at 1:16 PM, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Probably on or before the 8th, but certainly not before the 7th.

This looks really fun but I've never played before...is it difficult getting your feet in the water?

Edited by ArtamenaV (see edit history)

9 hours ago, ArtamenaV said:

This looks really fun but I've never played before...is it difficult getting your feet in the water?

I don't imagine so. Come up with a character and fill out an app! Once I've had a chance to review it, then you can join the Pre-Game IC-Thread.

Since I won't be available to review apps after tomorrow--and I'm going to be buys packing and doing some other stuff tomorrow, too, I'm going to set the Pre-Game IC Thread to be shown for everyone tomorrow.

In case no one has asked this considering I stumbled in. Starting equipment is obvious. How are you running the Gold Option? Still random. Average rolls or max? Just checking options While brainstorming. Thank you

26 minutes ago, Seardon said:

In case no one has asked this considering I stumbled in. Starting equipment is obvious. How are you running the Gold Option? Still random. Average rolls or max? Just checking options While brainstorming. Thank you

Choose one from below:

Background Equipment + Standard Equipment from Class
Average Starting Gold (d4 average is 2.5, not 2, so 5d4 × 10, for example, is 125 gp, not 100 gp)
Roll for the starting gold and keep the result of the roll.

Thank you. Only reason I asked was to have a long sword as the starting weapon for the character unless I could swap the war hammer for the long sword. Functionally they are the same, cost and damage, both versatile. Only difference is the sword is slashing and 1 pound heavier. Not sure how that effects the background starting items if I chose the gold option. I would imagine I would lose those and need to find them again in the gear.