Sketvid-Human Uthgardt Tribe Barbarian

RagallachMC

Barbarian2.png.fe46c8b29fe5d8f8e463b696b8fd796e.png

Name: Sketvid

Character Concept: A young and promising warrior of the Tree Ghost Tribe, sent forth from his Tribal lands in the High Forest on a vision quest.

Race, Background, Subclass Class: Variant Human, Uthgardt Tribe, Barbarian (Probably going Ancestral Guardian Path, Maybe Path of the Giant depending on what happens in game)

Description: A heavily built and well muscled human male standing at six and a half feet tall ,he shows all the usual physical characterestics of an Uthgardt tribesperson: Raven black hair, sky blue eyes and pale, white skin. A series of tattoos in shades of green cover his upper arms, chest and shoulders. He wears his hair cut short and somewhat ragged and has a small beard.

He is slow to accept those outside of Uthgardt, but he is generally good natured. He enjoys battle, contests of strength and skill and respects those that show courage, honor and respect towards their friends. He enjoys cooking and often experiments with new techniques and ingredients. He values kinship, nature and personal responsibility over everything.

The quest he is on is a great honor. Although he doesn't know exactly what he's supposed to do, returning as a failure is unacceptable. He will do whatever it takes to bring honor to himself and his people.

Your Character’s Plothook: Sketvid leaves his people's lands and heads south at the behest of his Great Chief and the tribe's shaman. The shaman has had a vision of great calamity that will befall the Tree Ghost Tribe. Storms of Ice and Stone, an avalanche of lightning and rocks, a great burning of the High Forest. Sketvid has been selected by the Tribe to head south and investigate. He knows this is a great honor, but the vision's details are not specific, so Sketvid journeys south looking for any signs of a great cataclysm.

Past is Prologue: Sketvid grew up like all children in the Tree Ghost Tribe: raised communally, trained in all of the skills and traditions of his people and to venerate Uthgar, the greatest of his people. When he grew tall and strong, he was singled out as a warrior and placed into the tribe's warband. When the rage took him during his first skirmish, he was celebrated for being 'touched by the spirit of Uthgar'. He served as a warrior, bodyguard and raider for his tribe. Someday, he would take a wife and they would make the tribe stronger with their children. He hoped to someday become an elder of the tribe, or if Uthgar blessed him, Great Chief.

Loyalties. "My loyalties are to the Tree Ghost Tribe first and to the people of Uthgardt second. There is nothing else."

Is Might Right? "Yes, the strongest and most clever should rule. But their goal should be the good of all of those in the tribe. Cruelness or greed or evil is not of Uthgar."

Deity. "Uthgar is the god of our people. He is the blood of our blood.

Music. Music is a tribal tradition, and those that can play well are honored.

The Hu-Wolf Totem

Martyn Bennett-Ud the Doudouk

Black Wind, Fire and Steel

Edited by RagallachMC (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Sketvid

Variant Human Uthgardt Tribe Barbarian

Barbarian4.png.da269df9348a592ffb10cdbdc10ce1c2.png

AC: 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Unarmored Bonus) | HP: 17/17 (1d12+2+3) | Speed: 30 ft.

Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 10, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 12 (+1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Bothii and Orc

“My words,” Sketvid said. | ‘My thoughts’ Sketvid thought. |

Here There will be heroic words and deeds

OOC

Here there will be some other stuff.

Edited by RagallachMC (see edit history)

I had to take a break for the last couple of days. Sorry for the lateness in getting to your app!

On 3/23/2024 at 2:00 AM, RagallachMC said:

barbarian2.jpg.c42ec96088b065280eb9ae1225603e97.jpg

Name: Sketvid

Neat picture and interesting name. It decidedly does not roll off the tongue! Also, it looks like Ben Stiller in that male model movie he did.

Character Concept: A young and promising warrior of the Tree Ghost Tribe, sent forth from his Tribal lands in the High Forest on a vision quest.

Ooh! Interesting!

Description: A heavily built and well muscled human male standing at six and a half feet tall ,he shows all the usual physical characterestics of an Uthgardt tribesperson: Raven black hair, sky blue eyes and pale, white skin. A series of tattoos in shades of green cover his upper arms, chest and shoulders. He wears his hair cut short and somewhat ragged and has a small beard.

He is slow to accept those outside of Uthgardt, but he is generally good natured. He enjoys battle, contests of strength and skill and respects those that show courage, honor and respect towards their friends. He enjoys cooking and often experiments with new techniques and ingredients. He values kinship, nature and personal responsibility over everything.

The quest he is on is a great honor. Although he doesn't know exactly what he's supposed to do, returning as a failure is unacceptable. He will do whatever it takes to bring honor to himself and his people.

I like this good description both of appearance and motives!

Your Character’s Plothook: Sketvid leaves his people's lands and heads north at the behest of his Great Chief and the tribe's shaman. The shaman has had a vision of great calamity that will befall the Tree Ghost Tribe. Storms of Ice and Stone, an avalanche of lightning and rocks, a great burning of the High Forest. Sketvid has been selected by the Tribe to head north and investigate. He knows this is a great honor, but the vision's details are not specific, so Sketvid journey's north looking for any signs of a great cataclysm.

I really like that you made a hook of your own!

Past is Prologue: Sketvid grew up like all children in the Tree Ghost Tribe: raised communally, trained in all of the skills and traditions of his people and to venerate Uthgar, the greatest of his people. When he grew tall and strong, he was singled out as a warrior and placed into the tribe's warband. When the rage took him during his first skirmish, he was celebrated for being 'touched by the spirit of Uthgar'. He served as a warrior, bodyguard and raider for his tribe. Someday, he would take a wife and they would make the tribe stronger with their children. He hoped to someday become an elder of the tribe, or if Uthgar blessed him, Great Chief.

Short, simple, and to the point. Great!

Alright! I'll unlock the Pre-Game IC-Thread for you! Sorry, again, for the wait!

On 3/24/2024 at 7:22 AM, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Neat picture and interesting name. It decidedly does not roll off the tongue! Also, it looks like Ben Stiller in that male model movie he did.

I was on the fence with that pic. I liked the sword more than the guy. I can never unsee the Zoolander 😄 so I changed the pic

1 hour ago, RagallachMC said:

I was on the fence with that pic. I liked the sword more than the guy. I can never unsee the Zoolander 😄 so I changed the pic

Awwww! But I liked it! And I agree, that sword was top-notch baddassery!

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)