Announcements

Since I’m headed up to Tokyo from the 1st through the 4th, I won’t be here to review apps. I don’t want to prevent new applicants from participating in the Pre-Game IC Thread, so I’m opening it to everyone, now (before I forget to do it tomorrow).

If you’re applying, on an honor-system basis, please finish your app up, first, before jumping into the IC Thread.

If I don’t end up reviewing your app at all, it doesn’t mean I haven’t read it. It just means that I don’t have the time between now and the close of applications to individually review your app.

Although I’m “back”, I’ve got a lot of catching up to do with my other games, as well as a bunch of IRL stuff that’s going to take up my time.

At the end of the app period (which I believe is until the 6th), I won’t be giving any more in-depth reviews to apps. You’re just going to have to jump right into the Pre-Game IC-Thread and hope for the best. Good Lord! There’re already 10 pages of IC shenanigans for me to read through.

I can’t promise when exactly I’ll announce the selectees, but it appears like it’s going to be a very tough decision.

Normally, I’d choose upwards of 7 or 8, but this particular module has 6 NPCs that will get attatched to your character (one for each of you) at a certain point, so that’s why I’m restricting it to 6 players.

Anyway, I’ll try to get the IC thread read and players selected within 5 days of the close of applications.

Posted (edited)

After spending a lot of time reading (yesterday was interrupted by a drive down to Kyoto to see the cherry blossoms) the In-Character Pre-Game thread, and thinking hard about it—it was a super tough decision and a couple of you I wanted to take, but I’ve got to stick to my limit of 6—I’ve come to a decision.

Everyone had great apps and did some great Roleplay in the Pre-Game IC Thread. I will not be answering any questions as to why any individual character was not chosen, but those of you who were chosen, your characters felt like they fit the best for the kind of game I want to run.

I’ve already sent out the invites to . . .

Player Name Character Name Lineage Background Class (Subclass)
JubalBreakbottle Garon Ammakyl Human (variant) Waterdhavian Noble Bard (Swords)/Paladin
Peacemonger Duala Half-Orc Gladiator Paladin (Glory)/Bard (Eloquence)
RedDingo Thordin Galorspyd Human (variant) Giant Foundling Fighter (Rune Knight)
Shadeus Yod Ironbeard Dwarf (Mountain) Folk Hero Barbarian (Ancestral Guardian)
Shocker Omar Baldul Human (variant) Sage Wizard (Evocation)
Xerin Zhasi Yuan-Ti Acolyte Cleric (Life)
Seardon Ezra Dyn’Thalos Shadar-Kai Acolyte Cleric (Twilight)

Congratulations!

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

So, a couple of things before we start the game. If you haven’t already, in your application thread (henceforth to be called your “character thread”) I’d like you to make separate posts each for your Lineage, Background, Class, Feats, and Inventory.

If your character is a caster of any type, make an extra post with your “spellbook”—that is, the list of spells your character has access to in total. If your character gets spells from their lineage or source other than their default list, please make note of those in that post. You do not need spell descriptions, just the list.

Your character threads will serve as your main “character sheet”—it’s what I’ll be referencing /first/ if I need to check something.

Next, please fill out an MW character sheet and link it to this game. That sheet does not need all the fluff in it—you can leave the features sections, but you definitely need to fill in any section that has numbers (not the XP because this is milestone leveling). And also fill out the section for languages. There’s a feature that let’s me hide text your character can’t read behind a language tag but it will reveal it to whomever has that language listed on their sheet. At least, that’s how it’s supposed to work! I believe you should be able to use this feature, too! Just be extra careful about the spelling and capitalization of the language names: “Abyssal”, “Celestial”, “Common”, “Deep Speech”, “Draconic”, “Dwarvish”, “Elvish”, “Giant”, “Gnomish”, “Goblin”, “Halfling”, “Infernal”, “Orc”, “Primordial”, “Sylvan”, and “Undercommon” (without the quotation marks). Make sure to do the weapons section, too.

For your posting Template, I know some of you have come up with some nice templates of your own, but I have some requirements for that. Your template /must/ have

• each of your character’s skills contained within entries for your six stats
  • their HP (in the form of “Current HP/Max HP (current hit-dice/max-hit dice + con)”; e.g., “13/43 (5/5d8 + 15)”)—You may also add an optional percentage, if you like; e.g., “13/43 (5/5d8 + 15) 30%”.
  • their AC (and its source broken down into individual components; e.g., “19 (breastplate 14 + dex 3 + shield 2)—make sure to pay attention to how that might change depending on whether you’ve doffed your shield to use a bow, etc.)
  • a list of your cantrips, spell slots, and prepared spells (if any)
  • anything else you think should go up there.

In the bottom, your movement/action/reaction/bonus action/interact with object box should not be hidden! I don’t want to be clicking on an ooc box just to see it! When I’m doing up a GM post, it’s the very first thing I look at for quick reference, so the less I have to click or look for, the better! That box should also include any ongoing effects or features that would change how I roll for you, or whether you’re concentrating on a spell, etc. Again, because it’s the first place I look, it’s a good place to have info that might prevent me from rolling your initiative incorrectly, or whatnot. It’s a good place to put whether you have the alert feat, or sentinel, etc. Anything where there’s nothing applicable, please just fill in with an em-dash (“—”, “—” in the source code).

DWARVES! You all move 30 ft now! I’m going to announce this in my Dragonlance game, as well. We have a particularly silly situation where a two dwarven characters move 25 ft. for every 30 feet the gully dwarf (who is smaller) moves. This seems to be the way WotC is moving, anyway, and I agree with it.

I’ll send out discord invites via private message, just making sure with the server’s owner, first.

If I think of anything else, I’ll let you know . . . but for now, welcome aboard!

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)