Elroy Lee – Don Quixote

Delorphin

Elroy Lee, Rift of Don Quixote

General Details

Name – Elroy Lee

Mythos – Don Quixote

Age – 25

Occupation – Office Worker

Hobbies – Reading, writing, visiting art galleries and watching movies. Or that's what he did before work consumed his life.

Likes – Art of all sorts, passion in any manifestation of it, dreaming

Dislikes – His job, corporations, the status quo.

Backstory

Elroy was always a creative child. At first this was a point of pride for his parents, pointing to his insatiable love of reading and talent for creative arts in general as their point of pride. However, as he became older and older, he only became more engrossed with his imagination. Meanwhile, his parents started to shift focus to more useful fields, the sciences and especially being a doctor. They'd settle for lawyer too. Instead he pursued an art degree, failing to become a curator, a historian or an artist in the process. He found himself slinking into a corporate job just to make ends meet, even as his family kept telling him "I told you so."

Awakening Event

It wasn't too dramatic. He worked everyday, even on weekends, for his company. Coming in early, leaving late, grinding his body into dust to help reach their bottom line. He hoped that he could be useful. They just fired him. That lead him down a depressive spiral, burying himself away from reality. Eventually he started realising that the world was speaking directly to him. He followed his instincts and found himself a higher paying corporate slave job. Now he wants more, he can be important for once.

Divination - See the Giants

"It is easy to see," replied Don Quixote, "that thou art not used to this business of adventures; those are giants."

Mystery – What is going on beyond rationality? What hides in the hidden dimensions of reality?

A) Unfiltered wellspring of imagination

D) Everything is connected in reality

G) Reliable gut feeling

H) The world speaks to me

A) Fact or fiction?

C) The rational explanation

Routine – Corporate Drone

Identity – Just another cog in the corporate machine, that's all I am.

A) Black company office worker

E) Office Thespian

I) Buried in books and paintings

A) Crippling hollowness

Personality – Major Arcana, The Fool

Identity – I have so much potential, my horizons stretches far an wide; I can be everything. I am everything.

A) Fantasy-prone

F) Unconventional thinking

H) Encyclopaedic knowledge of trivia

A) A strange, strange man

Training – Artiste

Identity – They just don't get it, they don't get the deep commentary the banana taped on the wall is.

A) Art degree

C) The cultural zeitgeist

J) Allusionary world

B) Know-it-all anti-conformist

Note: If this character is too whacky, I have a more serious character idea in mind as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2024 at 8:30 PM, Delorphin said:

Note: If this character is too whacky, I have a more serious character idea in mind as well.

Please explain the nature of the power, and these tags: The world speaks to me; Fact or fiction?; The rational explanation; Black company office worker; Office Thespian; A strange, strange man; Allusionary world & Know-it-all anti-conformist.

Γ—
Γ—