Season 1

So, to start with, there are some mechanics that get resolved right at the beginning of play!

@DogTheGoblin and @Kyoh, you all have some questions to answer to determine the modifiers for Xu's Protector's Burden roll, specifically:

At the beginning of each session, roll, taking +1 for each yes:
• Do you believe your ward listens to you more often than not?
• Have you recently protected them or helped them with a problem?
• Is there an immediate threat to your ward that you are aware of?

@Kyoh, you also need to name an adversary for your Bringing Them Down feature. Commander Ming is probably reasonable to start; remember that you can change this any time you mark a condition or at the end of a "session," which I'll note as they occur. You also choose a goal for your adversary: Choose a goal you have for your adversary: Capture them  Discredit them Depose them Restrain them Expose them Exile them

For everyone, feel free to make a post after mine introducing your character. Professor Ko wanted you to meet up at his office at midday, which is just about to arrive. Are you there and waiting outside his door minutes early? Strolling in to arrive just exactly on time? Did you lose track of time somewhere, and now you're having to rush to make up the difference? Imagine this is the first episode of the show, and this is the first impression the audience will have of your character!

Edited by Stengleronymous (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Robodogg said:

@moarhair would it be okay to presume that, given Khulan is in Ba Sing Se with nothing but her own good self, she is sleeping on Fei's floor or something for the time being?

Yes, so long as Khulan has kept her Fire Nation origin on the DL. I don't think she'd welcome her in her home if Khulan wears her Fire Nation pride on her sleeve.

Fei lives in the poorer part of Ba Sing Se, in an apartment she shares with other refugees from her village. I was thinking they'd be family from her father's side. Maybe his cousin, her husband, and their kids. Fei is still pretty young, I don't think she'd live by herself yet.

That's fair! Being so new to the Earth Kingdom I think for the moment, out of paranoia if nothing else, Khulan would be keeping pretty much all her Fire Nation everything on the DL. I don't think she would mind the humble hospitality, just as long as Fei's extended family are okay with the situation. And no doubt honour would demand her helping out in some way in exchange for board or something similar. I think staying with Fei's fellow village refugees would help confront some preconceptions about things for Khulan too.

• Do you believe your ward listens to you more often than not?

"As always, she acts before thinking. She hears what I'm saying, but I don't think she actually listens."
• Have you recently protected them or helped them with a problem?

"No, not recently. But it shouldn't be too long till something flares up."
• Is there an immediate threat to your ward that you are aware of? 

"Beyond some rowdy earthbenders or Commander Ming showing up, she should be fine. I hope."

I'll roll once I have the all clear from @Kyoh, but I took the liberty to assume that the escape from Ming didn't happen recently to count and given how early days it is with the relationship, Xu is still testing the waters between him and Miki. 🙂

Name
Protector’s Burden
2d6 4,4

• 2 weeks later...